Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 17/01/15  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 17/01/15
« on: January 17, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 17/01/15 @21:00 GMT

You can watch it live.  You do NOT need Steel Beasts. http://www.twitch.tv/dogsofwarvu

Part1 of a 3 part campaign

Border_Relations_v3 by Rhyfel

Mission Summary
Delta must secure OBJ Ant at all costs!  This is a vital logistical node required for future offensive operations.

Map

Excerpts of the battalion commander's orders for...BLUEFOR

GENERAL SITUATION: Gordonian Forces rescinded their ceasefire with the friendly nation of Kazar and seized key river crossings along the international border in preparation for offensive operations to the west.  Due to this and political actions taken by the Gordonian government, Kazar has asked NATO to intervene militarily.  Kazar has only increased the possibility of military conflict by conducting raids on several Gordonian outposts and key river crossing sites.  As a result, it appears Gordonian forces are preparing for offensive operations and could be launched at any time.
You are Delta Company, 3-67 AR, You were assigned to guard a vital logistical node along the international border.  Gordonian forces engaged and damaged C/1-9 CAV screening to your east, and seized the vital river crossing on OBJ Lions.  Additionally, C Troop, 1-9 CAV reports Gordonian forces are massing mechanized forces (approximately one reinforced company) to the northeast of OBJ Lions.  Scouts report a platoon plus vicinity the river crossing at OBJ Bull.  Deep reconnaissance assets report a Gordonian BDE east of HWY 103.

TASK ORGANIZATION:

1. Delta Company 3-67 AR:

-x3 M1A2 (SEP) Tank Platoons

-x1 M2A2 PLT

-FSO (15/D)

-XO with Company Trains (5/D)

-B BTRY 1-44 BN, Direct Support

2. Crazy Horse Troop, 1-9 CAV (OPCON to D Co., Commander)

-x2 Scout Platoons (2 M3 / 4 HMMWV mix per platoon)

-Troop Trains (6/C)

-x2 COLT Teams (BDE TACON)

3. BN Reserve is available upon request at coordination point 1 along the Alpha/Delta company boundary

Area of Operations: Your area of operations is the BN Boundary to the north with 1-12 IN, to PL Georgia (HWY 103) in the east, to UPATOI Creek in the south. 

Area of Interest: Enemy has no CAS. Enemy retains x2 2S1s at Company level, x6 2S1s at the BN level and a battery of BM-21s with ICM at the BDE level.  Trigger to launch indirect is a NATO counterattack on OBJ Bull or OBJ Lions.  BDE Artillery support will be triggered if Gordonian forces cross PL Louisiana to seize the airstrip at OBJ Ant.

TERRAIN:

Obstacles: Upatoi and Kings Creek canalize movement to a BN sized mobility corridor running east to west to HWY 1.  Additionally, Halluca Creek restricted mounted maneuver to a platoon column formation at vic grid 0872 8106.  Existing tactical obstacles from historical border operations located at 107 920 and 144 771.

Avenues of Approach: three running east to west.  One from OBJ Lions to HWY 1.  Second from OBJ Lions to OBJ Ant.  Third from OBJ Bull to OBJ Ant. 

Key Terrain: River Crossings: Grids: 1377 8861, 1180 8759, 1689 8154.  These three river crossings control maneuver across the international border.  Bush hill (162 829) Dominates eastern road networks and river crossing sites

Observation, Fields of Fire: Ranges can be limited to 50 meters in heavily wooded areas, recommend dismounted support to mechanized vehicles.  Hills over the elevation of 190 meters, vehicles can expect engagement ranges out to max effective range. 

Cover and Concealment: IV lines will offer best cover and concealment for mounted forces.  Heavy wooded areas on the eastern and northern portions of OBJ Ant favor dismounted infiltration.  OBJ Lion is split North to South by an IV Line, which can be over watched by forwarded observers and ATGMs from BP2.

WEATHER DATA: Expect daily high temperatures near 45 degrees, and low temperatures near 30.  Humidity will be near 20 percent.  Winds will be 15-20 knots from the NW.  There has been heavy precipitation in the past 2 days, and precipitation is expected during the operation. Vehicles should avoid swampy lowlying areas.  Cloud ceiling has been as low as 3000 feet during morning hours, but has lifted to 5000 by late afternoon favoring the late employment of close combat attack air.

ENEMY SITUATION: Elements from the 115th Brigade Tactical Group have deployed along the Kazarian border with one battalion guarding to destroy Kazarian and NATO forces at key river crossings.  Scouts identified a mechanized company of BMP2s and BMD2s occupying hasty fighting positions on objectives bull and lions.  Enemy reconnaissance forces damaged C/1-9 CAV and seized OBJ Lions in a spoiling attack. 

Course of Action 1 (most probable enemy course of action): Expect OBJ Lions to be reinforced within the next 30 minutes with elements from BP2, consisting of reconnaissance forces (BMD2) and a mechanized infantry company.  Enemy elements will retain BP2 with a dismounted rifle platoon reinforced with ATGMs and AGLs in order to allow follow on forces to seize OBJ Ant between the next 48-72 hours.  X2 rotary winged aircraft screen along PL Louisiana.

Course of Action 2: Enemy elements reinforce OBJ Lions with a tank company minus (T-72M4) in order to allow follow on elements to seize OBJ Ant within the next 24-48 hours.  An enemy platoon plus defends vicinity OBJ Bull in order to prevent envelopment of OBJ Lions.  X2 sorties of rotary scout aircraft screen to provide early warning along PL Louisiana.

Course of Action 3 (most dangerous enemy course of action): Enemy BDE attacks to seize OBJ Ant.  Indicator is enemy armor west of PL Louisiana near OBJ Lions or west of PL Alabama.  Employment of 2 to 4 Mi-24 Hind sorties in support of enemy air assault to seize key terrain that dominates avenues of approach into OBJ Ant.  Air assault will seek to emplace 2-4 ATGM systems to deny freedom of maneuver to friendly forces on OBJ Ant. 

FRIENDY FORCES: Delta Commander, your mission: D Co., 3-67AR guards to destroy lead elements of the 115th BTG along the international border in order to allow 4th Brigade, 4th ID (M) to build combat power at the APOD to the west. 

Commander, Delta must secure OBJ Ant at all costs!  This is a vital logistical node required for future offensive operations.  I need you to determine the 115th BTG’s course of action, are they seeking to reinforce OBJ Lions, seize OBJ Ant, or continue screening operations? Finally, you must maintain at least 60% combat power.  I allocated you priority of planning for the reserve, 1st platoon Alpha, but do so only if the need is dire as it will affect operations to your south during the next phase.

Now commander, if you opportunity presents itself, seize both OBJ Lions and OBJ Bull.  This will provide NATO forces with an excellent opportunity to control defiles leading across the border. 

Coordinating Instructions:

X2 preplan targets: AB0001 and AB0002

HE, SMK, ICM available

Scouts deploy between PL Texas and PL Louisiana

Delta Company deploys anywhere within OBJ Ant

Priority Intelligence Requirements:

1.Is the enemy reinforcing OBJ Lions with armor? Indicator: T-72s moving west from BP2

2.Is the enemy attacking to seize OBJ Ant? Indicator: Armor travelling west vicinity of Bush Hill

3.Will the enemy air assault to seize key terrain? Indicator: Mi-24 Hind sorties
 west of the international border

Good Luck commander!

** Notes **
SB Version: 3.023 32bit
Mission Name: Border_Relations_v3
Created by: Rhyfel
Modified by: N/A
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: Yes
Largest command: Platoon
Smallest command:Crew Position
Mission Duration: 90 minutes approx
Minimum number players: 2
Date:  17/01/14  Saturday
Time: 21:00 GMT
Time (local): http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150117T21&p0=136&msg=DOW+Saturday+Steel+Beasts+Meeting
Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987
Room: Dogs of War
Player Skill/Ability:
•   Completion of at least 1 full tutorial of Leo2A5 or M1A2Sep.
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.

Dogs Of War Vehicles : (in mission)

M1A2sep: Main Battle Tank
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M1A2_%28SEP%29

M3A2(ODS): Cavalry Fighting Vehicle (Recon Vehicle)
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M3A2

M1025 HMMWV: High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (roof-mounted .50 cal)
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M1025_HMMWV

M113/FO: forward observer vehicle
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M113-FO

M2A2(ODS): Infantry Fighting Vehicle
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M2A2

You can just listen if you wish by using Teamspeak. You do NOT need Steel Beasts.
Required:
Teamspeak Download (windows): http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&type=ts3_windows_client_latest
Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987

All Welcome
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:16:51 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 17/01/15
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 09:11:54 PM »
Streaming now
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:06:01 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 01:09:48 AM »
Good mission

Good co ing Cougar11

Good outcome 

:)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 05:45:24 AM »
This was great mission. Even when planning took really long time I still learned a much of useful things. Even from planning. :D  I found myself useful while marking those hilltops.

And also to be more watchful near waters while having much of lag. Other than that this was great indeed.

Good planning, good leading and when there was less talk on chat it was much more easy to focus at the orders and what was going around. It did help me a lot! That I appreciate! My thanks. :D 

It was cool to watch how brads and infantry deployed and began to scout at north east
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline BobasEb

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 03:19:08 PM »
I would like to apologize to all of you for draping out right when we were going to action
Unfortunately, my computer just simply quit it took me a wail to determine what was wrong “damn power supply”.
Therefore, 3 hours later and $90 poorer I got nice new shiny 650W power supply.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:29:22 PM by BobasEb »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
Hey Bob . These things happen. Glad it is fixed now :)

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:01:08 PM »
Thank you Asid. It is always nice to hear appreciation from the group. Thank you also for setting the event up.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 26/02/17 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 5
    Views: 2849
    Last post February 26, 2017, 11:41:47 PM