Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Headset recomendations  (Read 6776 times)

Offline Longknife

Headset recomendations
« on: September 25, 2016, 10:51:34 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a Logitech headset that I have been using for years. I have never really liked it but dont wear it often so never bothered upgrading. It became clear at the TANKS game that I need a new one.
Not only is it not comfortable but it has a push to talk switch on the cord that I dont use but it will occasionally accidentally get pressed while playing. The thing is when it is pressed my mic stops working.

Anyone have a suggestion on a good headset with microphone? It needs to be comfortable with good sound quality & integrated mic preferably without the PTT button.

Price isn't my primary concern, quality is but I always have an eye towards value so not looking to dump a bunch of cash unless I really need to.

Any suggestions?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: Headset recomendations
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 01:12:45 AM »
I use creative fatalty and its good one to my taste. As well cheap. So for that price it's very good quality. However there are other options that could suit you better
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 01:34:19 AM »
I recently purchased a new headset by Etekcity on Amazon for under $50 and have been very happy with it.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 05:04:54 AM »
I have the g930 Logitech. It is wireless, but the battery sucks. If I were to buy again, I would get the wired version of it. I have great sound for many different games and video. Great interface to setup surround, can mute mic by flipping it up, or by a button on the left earpiece. Volume control left rear, nicely padded ears and headband. Blocks out almost all outside noise, which depending on what is going on, can be good for gaming, or bad for the home life. They are pricy at around $100 US. Could maybe get an older or the last version at a cheaper cost.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »
If I were to buy again, I would get the wired version of it.

Thanks Cougar! I just bought the G35. I believe it is the wired version of it off Amazon for $62. It looks just like it anyway.

I was trying to answer you yesterday & when I realized you weren't hearing me was pretty frustrating. I would think with this headset it wont happen again.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 12:27:48 PM »
My headset arrived yesterday. Wow I cant believe what I was missing! Excellent sound quality & comfortable to wear to boot. I was even able to mount my track clip pro nicely too it. Super smooth use now. It would occasionally hiccup when looking far right with my last headset.

I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the suggestion Cougar.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »
My headset arrived yesterday. Wow I cant believe what I was missing! Excellent sound quality & comfortable to wear to boot. I was even able to mount my track clip pro nicely too it. Super smooth use now. It would occasionally hiccup when looking far right with my last headset.

I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the suggestion Cougar.

Glad to hear it Works for you Longknife! Beacuse I am planing to get the same headset along with a G502 mouse! Yeap itīs time for some new gear, we all love that LOL. Iam very happy with my G13 so I guess I will be just as happy with the mouse and headset to go along!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 02:04:13 PM »
I was tempted to try Beefs suggestion but have always had good luck with Logitech stuff so Cougars suggestion made the decision easy.

Yes we all love new gear! I am also thinking about getting a new stick. I am currently using a Thrustmaster Cougar. Love this stickm love the feel & how programable it is.

Mine has seen allot of use & the paint is starting to flake off it which I actually kinda like the "used" look it has now lol Problem is its getting glitchy. Every once in awhile it will just stop working for a few seconds. Of course that happens at the most inopportune times.

I have been planning on getting the new TM Warthog ever since it was released by my stick worked fine & I couldn't see spending that much to replace a stick that I loved anyway. Well now that it isnt working so great anymore....

I have spent the last cpl days reading & watching reviews. It would seem the Warthog isnt a great as one would hope. Its reliability is in question. The new Saitek isnt any better. I may just go back to what I started with a CH Fighterstick.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 04:10:04 PM »
Having a decent (doesn't have to be expensive) headset/mic is very important. We use Teamspeak a lot. You need to be aware of what you sound like and what you can hear.

Normally the stand alone mic can cause issues. It can be difficult to hear. As well as a lot of unwanted background noise. A bad mic really puts me off.

Everyone needs to have something decent. There is no excuse.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 12:54:18 AM »
I was tempted to try Beefs suggestion but have always had good luck with Logitech stuff so Cougars suggestion made the decision easy.

Yes we all love new gear! I am also thinking about getting a new stick. I am currently using a Thrustmaster Cougar. Love this stickm love the feel & how programable it is.

Mine has seen allot of use & the paint is starting to flake off it which I actually kinda like the "used" look it has now lol Problem is its getting glitchy. Every once in awhile it will just stop working for a few seconds. Of course that happens at the most inopportune times.

I have been planning on getting the new TM Warthog ever since it was released by my stick worked fine & I couldn't see spending that much to replace a stick that I loved anyway. Well now that it isnt working so great anymore....

I have spent the last cpl days reading & watching reviews. It would seem the Warthog isnt a great as one would hope. Its reliability is in question. The new Saitek isnt any better. I may just go back to what I started with a CH Fighterstick.

Iam not sure if your actual stick uses HAL sensors but if so they are esay and cheap to replace. Iam sure thatīs why itīs glitchy, they wear out.

If I had to buy a new stick now, first I would not pay the price that the Warthog cost today (300€), and second, for whats around right now I would go with the CH.

Regarding mics, the problema is you donīt hear yourself LOL. But yeah as you I have always trusted Logitech.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 01:16:45 AM »

Iam not sure if your actual stick uses HAL sensors but if so they are esay and cheap to replace. Iam sure thatīs why itīs glitchy, they wear out.

I believe the Cougar uses Pots to register movement. Pots get dirty and wear out over time. This can cause spiking which translates to jitters/unwanted inputs. You can clean pots. If they are to far gone then they can usually be easily replaced. Pots are not expensive. You can change the pots for Hall sensors. These are contactless and will last.

Hope this helps.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Longknife

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 06:34:06 AM »
Thanks guys but its not the pots. When I say it stops working for a few sec I mean it stops working. None of the buttons will work either. Every time it happens I give it a shake in frustrations & that gets it going again. I assume its something loose inside it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Hardware: Headset Sades OMG/A60S Surround Sound USB Over Ear Gaming HeadSet

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 1
    Views: 2958
    Last post January 25, 2018, 12:21:35 PM