Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Saturday 13/02/2021 at 21:00 GMT  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Saturday 13/02/2021 at 21:00 GMT
« on: February 13, 2021, 02:53:26 PM »

SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Saturday 13/02/2021 at 21:00 GMT

Immersive, friendly session.

Played with full fog of war.

**                    Notes                      **
SOW Version: Waterloo 1.03
Largest command: Corps
Smallest command: Brigade
Mission Duration: 180 minutes
Minimum number players: 2
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak  IP: 104.153.105.2:35200  Please wait in lobby for access to other areas.
Room: Scourge Of War

Extra Notes:
•   TIME LIMIT: 01.30 a.m. GMT at the following day, if no different agreement has been made by the participiants.
•   The room will be open at 20:30 GMT for preparation & mission setup
•   House rules: Click here
•   HITS system
•   Courier orders
•   Bare map. Full F.O.W.
•   No voice during game (comms by courier only). It's possible to talk to nearby commander using TS whisper list or moving in a dedicated room

Mods required:
•   DOW Community Toolbar V8: This will be provided.
•   If an updated mod is required you will be sent a link via pm

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Must be proficient Using HITS
•   Have a good understanding of UI

Commanders and leaders:
Biondo
Jakmin
Colbert
SamuelGim
Kovalsky
Asalex
Neil
Sandman
Andrea
GeneralGandhi
Zubenko
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 02:00:32 AM by Biondo »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Members reacted informative:
Asid,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,

Offline Jakmin

Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Saturday 13/02/2021 at 21:00 GMT
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 03:01:31 PM »
 :Lancer :Lancer :Lancer                                         ::Civil war arty
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
dog" border="0

Offline asalex

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 04:54:16 PM »
 :Soldier_salute

Maybe a couple of spanish mates will join too...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 05:33:14 PM »
They are welcome :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 07:44:22 PM »
Presy63 plays too
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 07:54:08 PM »
Presente!!! :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 08:25:22 PM »
enter sandman  :roker
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 08:51:35 PM »
Andrea is marching to the field of battle
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jakmin

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,General Sandman,
dog" border="0

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2021, 01:12:49 AM »
Scourge of War Waterloo Multiplayer: 13 Feb 2021

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted Thanks:
Biondo,General Sandman,

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline GeneralGandhi

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2021, 11:45:49 PM »
 :howdy

It was a singular battle for the right wing of the allied deployment, of a slow cooking, without frights, in which the enemy facing my division, coinciding with the French extreme left -commanded by SamuelGim- seemed to be playing the role of numbing and nailing allied troops with the mere flapping of their insignia and some timid movements of feint and accompaniment of the maneuver that was taking place in the center.
Indeed, the clapperboard with the decisive act seemed to sound in the NOE zone, opposite to ours; and to a lesser extent in the center. But I didn't have a record of the first until the final measure.
In my sector it only seems to me to review, from the perspective of the one who subscribes these lines, the furious attack that was made through a forest and its contours, from which my Dutch division received partial splashes, corresponding to the French attack that was spreading Beyond the eastern limit of that forest, Asalex being the one who fitted the main enemy effort there, and who, according to the result, successfully deflected the French rapier.

The allied right. In the background is a mass of troops that remained passive for much of the battle. The charging battalion testifies to one of the few occasions in which the French taught his fang there, surely accompanying the most determined offensive that was unleashed in the center / forest.

In view of the passive attitude posed by the enemy on our right wing, I recommended and requested that I be granted the opportunity to move towards the NOE, which was agreed. However I retained in my hand a minimal mass of troops: two battalions of the three from the start, having lost most of my gun mouths in an unfortunate action when the French onslaught through the forest and its contours. The other brigade of my division was commanded by the newcomer Zubenko, agreeing to keep it in that position in anticipation of the enemy activating there, which finally happened without my being able to see the effects.

Already in the allied line composed to the NOE, the scene was bleak. Just a precarious cordon of troops ready to face the massive and deep formations of French regiments that descended to strike against the line. At that moment, an untimely shutdown of the server served as an excuse to end the game when we were almost there at 2 in the morning and all signs pointed to an important victory for the French.

Shortly after settling on the NOE line, the French unleashed an onslaught in evident superiority with the appearance of being conclusive.

So long without playing, I looked downright clumsy; Several times the general's staff got run over in my hands and I had to pick it up at the horse's feet. The early loss of the artillery, which cut off any offensive possibility in that wing, was unforgivable - however, I recommended to the allied generalissimo that he let the sacrifice be made, as he believed it could be beneficial by forcing the French to withdraw troops from his proud right wing and cool down there. the situation. And other failures that I do not tolerate, as they affect the playable experience of third parties, such as leaving, relatively far from the line of fire -but visible- a battalion deployed in a line with their backs to the front, thinking that it was not mine but from the Brigade Zubenko commanded, expending energy warning the fledgling general to correct that when he was competing with me. Another mistake, not a minor one, an extreme slowness when moving my troops from one sector to the other due to bad interaction with the AI ​​chief of the only brigade that depended on me.

Link to original.

:Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Asid,Biondo,General Sandman,
Members reacted Thanks:
Biondo,Asid,General Sandman,

Offline Jakmin

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 10:59:11 AM »

Greetings to all friends of PdL. It was a strange battle, partly because of the lack of chivalry in my opinion. I commanded the French army, and I was amazed at the size of the final victory. I was all the time on the right side of the front with Biondo, fighting a hill and more than once the thought of not being able to hold the defense came up. Thanks to Samuel on the left side who moved with due caution, to Andrea who with his sacrifice in the woods was decisive, to Biondo with his experience, and to Colbert for the decisive rounding maneuver in the final.
https://imgbb.com/]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 11:22:51 AM by Jakmin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Asid,General Sandman,GeneralGandhi,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,Biondo,General Sandman,GeneralGandhi,
dog" border="0

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 05:20:57 PM »
Thanks for your report general Gandhi :winner

I was commanding Foy's division and my orders were to deploy on the right of Morand/Andrea, with J. Bonaparte/Samuel on his left and Bachelu/Colbert as outflanking force in the west. Girard/Jakmin (our CiC) as reserve.

As you can see from the replay posted by Asid on our YouTube channel, we stayed in the north and marched directly towards the objective but the allies forced their march and reached it before us, occupying all the strategic positions in the battlefield.

So the hill that I had to occupy was already held by Picton and his men and this frighted me a lot because from that position they could hit our flank and rear very easily.

Picton attacked me immediately but without a proper artillery support so I manage to stop the first wave. In the meantime I saw the British guards commanded by sandman moving in picton's support and my blood ran cold.

One battalion charged and routed one of mine and then a furious firefight took place with continues back and forth. Jakmin sent me a brigade from his reserve and this helped me a lot securing my southern flank.

I was thinking that probably the fact that Colbert was on the other side of the hill was holding sandman from attacking me harder.

I had a lot of talking with my commander in chief about the moment of calling Colbert on the attack. What we envisioned was exactly what happened.

When Colbert advanced, sandman had no other choice than retreat opening their left flank to Colbert advance while I kept pushing sandman away from the centre.

I had not a complete view on what was going on in the centre-left of our deployment but my feeling is that if the allies would have reinforced sandman's position we had to think more on how to defend ourselves instead of attacking but probably the situation was already compromised by the poor luck of picton's attack in the first stages of the battle.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Asid,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,General Sandman,GeneralGandhi,

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 11:09:43 PM »
I was commanding the british guards. The original strengh is 4 battailons each of more than 1000 men. While the standard strengh of battailons is around 600 +- 150 depending on the faction, those lines of the brits guards are different in maneuvring. Pretty much lethal in symetric lines of opponents, but somewhat chaotic on the flanks or at overlapping fronts.
Since the scenario creator increased the numbers to 1500, it was completly weired to gain a sufficiant control at the edge of the lines. It was somehow like moving a big tanker through a pond.

So perhaps it was my first mistake to choose that formation, instead of leaving it for the CiC for his disposal in the centre. But what had been left in the setup phase was the Cole-division only with a BDE of volunteers, which probably spoiled my appetite. On the other hand I didnt know about the modifications made about the size.

Later I didnt recognize a message sent by CiC Neil, when he adviced me to give up the position on the hill on the W wing. I only noticed it after the battle when I checked the list of dispatches. Normally I am more aware and rarely miss a message.

So I only realized Colberts flanking quite late. Nevertheless I could still have been able to fall back, but probably the other commanders disposed according the directive of giving up the position and I overestimated the possible remaining support for my stand. That cost me most of the gain I could achieve during the previous hour.
At least it wasnt the cause for our defeat, but just another episode in a sequence of several missteps within the allied corps.

We discussed the question of the opposing troop´s quality. When I saw the OOB in the gathering room, I estimated a vital advantage for the british of about 20-25%. Therefore I was successfully hoping to be in the allied team and didnt spend too much confidence for the french side. Biondo´s analyse regarding the infantry after the battle resulted in the ascertainment of an advantage of still nearly 15 %, while the french had a certain lead talking about the artillery.
But the contrast of the british corps was noticably, because there were a number of veteran and regular troops, few mediocore and a bigger amount of greenhorns like volunteers. So if the french would manage to achieve or get granted the opportunity to missmatch on the less experienced aliied formations, they could more than compensate the lack in terms of the average skills. And that exactly is what also happened.

The brits had more experienced troops and also initially occupied the better strategic positions. The price for the latter achievement was a forced march that some brigades had to accomplish. I dont know about the fatigue level of those, when the combat started and if there was a vital impact on the outcome. Mostly it is recommended to replace such an advance guard by following formations as soon as possible and give them a rest behind the lines for at least 30 min.
But for sure and especially because of the huge difference of victory points, the french conducted a very good battle performance in tactical regard as well as in micro-battle-management.  :clap
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 05:09:45 PM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Asid,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,Biondo,GeneralGandhi,

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline GeneralGandhi

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 05:47:44 PM »
A few small video clips. I think it's a very powerful way to show the environment in which the combat takes place.
I don't understand the reason, but the time does not match the one on the tactical map that has been uploaded. The one that I indicate there is the one that appears in my recording of the game.

Allied right wing at 11.15 am; the moments of greatest effervescence. The fierce combat that Asalex fought in the woods can be seen from the side.

Panoramic view of part of the Dutch 3rd Division when settling on the left wing, ca. 12:35 hours
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4554
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    How to restart / restore a multiplayer game.

Started by Asid

Replies: 4
    Views: 6359
    Last post January 10, 2019, 10:52:49 AM
    by General Sandman
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10493
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 25.05.18 at 20.00 GMT