Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: Revised Unit Art  (Read 199 times)

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
Revised Unit Art
« on: January 23, 2021, 04:46:31 AM »
As things ramp up for development, I will post some updates I have been doing on the game itself. The unit art continues to evolve, and below are some conceptual examples. There are some units with traditional NATO symbols, but I also played around with inserting the infantry art from Squad Leader counters. As I played around with it I REALLY liked the effect visually, but I realize they are copyrighted. You can see where we are headed, but my artist can offer his own rendition for the units. You will notice that the tank unit has a transparent circle around it. The circle represents the 900m footprint occupied by the tank battalion. Units with a 700m footprint will also see a circle. All units with a 500m footprint are the counter only, as it covers 500m. Company sized units with a 300m footprint are shown as smaller counters that cover 300m (see C/175).

FYI the 3/177 counter with 3 white blocks and black triangle is a battlegroup of 3 infantry companies and an attached company of tanks.

My UK unit below brings me to a question. My naming convention works great for about everyone else EXCEPT the Brits. So the Brigades contain different battalions from different regiments!!! So the W was to designate 2nd Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment assigned to the 185th Brigade...anyone got a better way to annotate the Brit naming conventions?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Members reacted informative:
Asid,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,

Tags:

Revised Times

Started by wilso845Board ArmA

Replies: 0