Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: CIVILIZATION VI  (Read 10400 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
CIVILIZATION VI
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:10:26 PM »
CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer

Published on May 11, 2016

Watch the announcement trailer for the next entry in the award-winning Civilization series coming to PC on October 21, 2016. SUBSCRIBE for First Looks and tips from the developers of Civilization VI - http://2kgam.es/CivilizationYT

Civilization VI offers new ways to interact with your world, expand your empire across the map, advance your culture, and compete against history’s greatest leaders to build a civilization that will stand the test of time.

Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the Stone Age to the Information Age. Wage war, conduct diplomacy, advance your culture, and go head-to-head with history’s greatest leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:00:13 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 04:00:01 PM »
This has been released on Steam...Ģ50..Ouch :o

Actually not released until 21st October. (Thanks Rotar)

Still Ouch on the price for me  ???
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:53:49 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline JudgeDredd

Re: CIVILIZATION VI
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 07:07:09 PM »
Yeah ouch on the price.  ???

To be honest, I love the "idea" of the Civilisation games - but I don't think I've got into one proper since the very first outing. I don't know what it is - but it seems to be a lot of button clicking to end turns until your next thing is built or something like that.

I can't see me picking this up as I've had each of the previous iterations and hardly touched them.

Edit - looking at Steam, I have 30 hours in Civ V   :o
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I am the Law

Offline Longknife

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 07:11:01 PM »

I can't see me picking this up as I've had each of the previous iterations and hardly touched them.

Ditto
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Greybriar

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 02:58:02 PM »
....I can't see me picking this up as I've had each of the previous iterations and hardly touched them....
I purchased all of them--Civilization I thru V--and can honestly say some are better than others. For example, I played a lot of Civilization and Civilization II but did not much care for Civilization III; I liked Civilization IV but was a little put off with Civilization V. But I think every one of them was worth the money I paid for it.

However, since you didn't play the last one much, I don't blame you for not getting Civ 6--at least not right away. Just don't give up on it until you've had a chance to watch a few videos as well as see what others think of the game after it's been out awhile. You might change your mind.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." --Calvin Coolidge

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 03:11:09 AM »
Guess what Dad got for his birthday :)

I knew I loved that kid for some reason.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 03:37:03 AM »
LOL congrats & Happy Birthday!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »
I just donīt get it when they put out videoīs like this that donīt show any actual game footage  ???

I could understand a price like that in the old day. s, there wasent many games out, they gave you a nice paperback manual, nice big old box that you didnīt know what to do with it and some CDīs, and most times they had to build there own game engine.  Now dayīs with so many games coming out, downloadable and with so many game engines that do most of the work, I just find that there a bit over priced.  I only see it as "I have the game first"!  Besides, now we know that we are the official beta testerīs!

If itīs your birthday Stardog, then Happy Birthday and I wish you more to come! Have a cola on me, or better yet, some "Jameson" on me!  ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 01:25:58 PM »
Thanks gents,
Well ya I dont know. I was pretty skeptical about it but have always loved Civ games and always felt Civ 4 was by far the best one.
My son knew that and he loves them as well so he gave me the money to get it and he picked it up so we could play together coop.

Just watching streams last night and playing around with it for a few minutes its alot better than what I thought it was going to be. It is quite a bit deeper than Civ 5 already I can see that in the government management options and it has alot of the things that were more detailed from Civ 4 that were taken out or dumbed down for Civ 5.

Just a quick, early observation.  Civ games are those game that are usually fun to just play when you arent looking for the micro management or depth of the Paradox titles.  I love both.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 02:23:39 PM »
I just donīt get it when they put out videoīs like this that donīt show any actual game footage  ???

Drives me crazy as well  >:(  They should clearly label them as a "cinematic trailer".
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 03:27:34 PM »

Drives me crazy as well  >:(  They should clearly label them as a "cinematic trailer".

Yeap, starngely they donīt have advertisement of pop-corn and coca-cola in them LOL!

Stardog, you might like "Endless Legend", similarl to the Civ saga.  Iam enjoying Endless Legend alot.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 03:31:04 PM »
Ya have heard its a good game.

Generally if I want to play 4X games non fantasy its Civ just because Civ games have a certain something about them and if I play a fantasy 4X I love Age of Wonders games.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 10:01:37 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 10:08:41 PM »
That is a great bundle of games.

Civ 3 is awesome still, Railroad and Pirates are amazing classic games.
And Civ 5 is still a great Civ game.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 05:04:36 AM »
I just don't know. i have played every one but have been less excited with everyone. The one i played the most was 2, even with the cheating AI, 3 i played less and so on. I have the complete IV and V and havent played them much, V just didnt grab me, like JD said felt like a lot of hit end turn. I've watched some vids of VI and it looks good, i like the looks of the changes. i will probably pick it up at some point but way later in a complete bundle, i might just be tired of the formula. For my 4X fix i prefer endless legend these days, i like the tactical battles. I still haven't played it much or Age of wonders 3 which i also own.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Tags:

Civilization VI: Rise and Fall

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2393
    Last post December 28, 2017, 02:48:29 PM
    by Asid