Translations for our friends around the world.

Joining forum

If you have applied to join, please check your email/spam folder for confirmation.

D.O.W Multiplayer

Forum

D.O.W. Twitch channel

pKUWxnW%20-%20Imgur_zps7aj1obwp

Save

D.O.W. Steam Group

D.O.W. YouTube

Recent Posts

TeamSpeak Voice Chat

##############################
Lobby
Dogs of War Vu
Age Of Empires
Arma
TaskForceRadio
Arma Development
D.C.S.
Deep Rock Galactic
Falcon B.M.S.
Farm Simulator
FSX/P3D/X-Plane
DoW Air
Fire Fighter X
Golf Club 2
Graviteam
IL2
Insurgency
Life is Feudal
Naval Action
Racing
Red Storm 2: Vietnam
Scourge of War
Waterloo
Coalition
French
Gettysburg
Confederate
Union
Steel Beasts Pro
Alpha
Bravo
Opfor
Tabletop Simulator
Tornado
Virtual Battle Space
Mission in progress.
Design
World Of Warships
Other games
Radio Control
neXt Heli sim
A.F.K.
Private Meeting.
TSViewer.com

Visitors

Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 702
How I used PCem to create a virtual 486 PC

Now I can enjoy playing Tornado the way it was originally played in 1993! Warning: Geek alert!

Tags: virtualisation, PC emulation, reviving them olde dead games, PCem, DOSBox, Tornado flight sim, high fidelity sound, pure Voodoo graphics, leave your dusty outdated PC in the attic, maximum coolness, extreme awesomeness

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
I don't have a 486 PC. The last time I used one was in 2002. It's 2017 now and I can't play lots of old games on my modern PC. They simply won't work. So yesterday I created a virtual 486 PC on my 64-bit Windows 10 Dell laptop. My specs are Intel i5-4210U, 1.7Ghz, 8Gb RAM. Now I can play any old DOS or Windows95/98 game on my laptop. I did this exercise more as a geek challenge than anything. After all who has time these days to play tons of games?

Using PCEm is about getting older software/OSes running on modern machines and emulating other pieces of period hardware (like 386/486/VESA S3 video, Soundblaster/Adlib sound cards, etc). That what this post is about.

Here's the thing. You've got lots of CDs of old games, but you can't play them because they can't and won't run on your modern machine. Short of downloading...

Read More

10 Comments
Covering the Waterfront: NorbSoftDev on Scourge of War Gettysburg

By Matt Peckham

PCWorld | Oct 12, 2010 8:01 AM PT

Gettysburg: Scourge of War isn't a real-time strategy game for the masses. It has a perfectly functional interface, but you'd never call it "slick." It's more study-intensive than the comparably simplistic Total War series but yields commensurately higher returns. It tackles the mother of all Civil War battles with aplomb and occasionally startling historical verisimilitude, offering control of blues and grays from army scale down to regimental level. It's wargaming without apologies, designed by hardcore history buffs for hardcore history gamers.

This spring I spoke with the Scourge of War's creators, Jim Weaver and Norb Timpko. In part one, we talked about Gettysburg maps, canonical books, and how they got from Waterloo to Little Round Top.

Game On: We were hoping to get Larry Tagg in on this interview, but it sounds like he's had to take a rain check.

Jim Weaver: Larry had to bow out. I'd forgotten that in his day job, he's an English teacher. He's also this semester the drama coach, and it's the last week before the performance, so he's in the middle of, as he said, frantic...

Read More

4 Comments

Sunday, March 5, 2017
By: JC
DCS: AJS37 Viggen (Beta) - Naval Strike

Mission for today: locate and destroy a Russian Neutrashimyy-class frigate that is interfering with the deployment of special operations forces aboard HMS Vigilant.

Loadout: 2 x Rb15f anti-ship missiles, 2 x Rb74 air to air missiles. Target area: 1 km off the coast of Abkhazia, in the proximity of the Sukhumi airport.

Last check before taking off.

Stage 3 afterburner, the Viggen pushes the runway down to the depths of irrelevance. Me and the beast, unleashed.

Did you know? A common mistake of virtual Viggen pilots is to retrieve the landing gear too soon. By doing this, the flaps are raised at a relatively low speed, accompanied by a severe loss of lift.

Turning onto waypoint B2. By this time I have my anti-ship missiles ready, and I start a climb to get a better radar view of the sea. I need a target, snart

Read on: Click Here...

Read More

0 Comments
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 702

Nations that have visited us.

Flag Counter