Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SB Pro PE 4.377 Released  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
SB Pro PE 4.377 Released
« on: March 03, 2023, 12:42:03 AM »
eSim Games is happy to announce the release of Steel Beasts Professional, Personal Edition – version 4.377.

This is a full installer. It will require uninstalling 4.363 before installing can begin.

Get the full installer HERE: https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

Release notes:

Steel Beasts Pro PE 4.377 Full Installer (ca. 4343 MB, 02/03/2022)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Members reacted informative:
Asid,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
Re: SB Pro PE 4.377 Released
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 10:05:44 PM »
https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/16813-has-the-tis-brightness-adjustments-been-implemented-for-the-abrams-if-not-the-current-tis-is-very-bright-and-not-hard-to-make-out/#comment-233168
https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/16813-has-the-tis-brightness-adjustments-been-implemented-for-the-abrams-if-not-the-current-tis-is-very-bright-and-not-hard-to-make-out/#comment-233231
They are talking about thermal imagers in general. In my opinion, the new graphics for thermal sights are not perfect, but overall, they are an improvement, and I am happy with them. I am also happy with the day sights.
Quote from: Volcano
I am not sure I explained it correctly...

I am saying that the temperature is NOT dynamic right now. Its a sort of generic situation where the sky is hot. So, like vehicles that do not get brighter or darker with their activity, we have a sort of generic one size fits all temperature for everything. The military essentially complained about this with the sky being too dark/cold, so given that we are representing things in a non-dynamic way right now, we probably made the sky too hot (too far the other way).  The solution would be something in between to get it "OK" in both hot and cold situations, until we can do something that is actually dynamic.

So, in other words, I am not disagreeing with you here; we will look into it. But I am trying to make it clear that its about making it look "better", and less washed out, while at the same time giving some temperature to the sky too rather than pitch black, in an attempt to find a middle ground between too hot and too cold.  It will take a few tweaks to get there, I am sure, but that is the nature of big changes like this. Hopefully that makes more sense.
Quote from: Ssnake
Some changes will be made with the next patch. Some of the videos I saw of the T-72B3 thermal imager were, however, rather atrocious. Maybe some are better, suggesting a high variance in factory output, or that the devices are fragile, or tjose videos simply were an exceptional case and don't represent the majority of cases.
We would certainly be willing to reconsider in the light of new evidence, as always.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 10:17:28 PM »
https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/16813-has-the-tis-brightness-adjustments-been-implemented-for-the-abrams-if-not-the-current-tis-is-very-bright-and-not-hard-to-make-out/#comment-233239
I think you meant black hot mode (at least that is what is showing in your image). That said, you can certainly see a black target against an all white background. And again, pictures of the flat map isn't exactly the same as playing an actual scenario on a non-flat map in the mean time (whether it is useless is subjective).  But what is far more important is the inability to focus the image on some vehicles, and that has been fixed just now.

But either way, I know what you mean. Not to worry though, it is being addressed. With big changes comes wrinkles to iron out, and the feedback is vital for that. Thanks to everyone for that. :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 10:23:29 PM »
https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/16812-m1a2-sep-cannot-adjust-focus/#comment-233240
This has been fixed for the coming patch.

It turns out that this issue affects the Centauro, Challenger 2, CV9040s, Leopard 1s, Leopard 2s, M1s, and M2/M3 and was something that got broken with the new "laser reticles". >:(
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 10:34:56 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 11:38:03 PM »
https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/16813-has-the-tis-brightness-adjustments-been-implemented-for-the-abrams-if-not-the-current-tis-is-very-bright-and-not-hard-to-make-out/#comment-233247
OK fair enough. The picture is kind of small to see anything, but I see the forest on the right after zooming in (barely).

My point was that in an actual scenario, with targets in the image, they can be identified and engaged (when I said "you can certainly see a black target against a white background"). But certainly looking at a relatively flat featureless image with no targets is not good.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 06:57:05 PM »
https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/16817-patch-v-4377-only/#comment-233288
I definitely agree with Apocalypse regarding the waiting for fixes.
Quote from: Apocalypse 31
Quote from: Ssnake
I don't mind criticism at all. Things didn't go well with this version, obviously
Let's be completely honest....things haven't gone well with patches for years.

You can argue that, but I don't think any of the players (not customers) are really even bothered by that - I'm certainly not. It's Software Development 101 and we know eSim isn't a AAA studio with hundreds of employees.

What's frustrating is that you guys release patches like this and then we have to wait weeks or months to see a fix.

I also wish there would be more communication about stuff like this....I think expectation management would go a LONG way, but I know that you also disagree with me in that sense.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 07:16:06 PM by Rinix »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 09:34:48 PM »
A patch is coming, hopefully it will come this week: https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/16824-4377-performance-issues/#comment-233412
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

CodeMeter Runtime 7.30a released

Started by Rinix

Replies: 0
    Views: 1573