Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: La Souffel map: Impassable river  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
La Souffel map: Impassable river
« on: January 12, 2021, 11:49:47 AM »
Hi all, here the link to La Souffel map:impassable river

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gmEZylcHno7nvZLaeoXLmDPss_SkU5Yh/view?usp=sharing

This is a quick mod of the map of La Souffel Bridges that you find in the Les Cent Jours mod; in this map all the bridges are intact but you can cross the Souffel river only using them, you can't ford it. All the others rivers are fordable as usual.

Be aware that the game engine is not perfect in managing the "unpassable" terrain so strange things can happen. For example, a retreating unit will cross the river anyway or couriers can take weird path to reach their recipient.

Unzip in the Mods folder of the game and activate it with the DOW toolbar v8; the map mod should be under the toolbar mod in the mod list (in Modifications Menu)

All in all is a good alternative to the usual maps.

Let me know here about your experience with this map
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline tadzio73

• In the rugged mountains
Re: La Souffel map: Impassable river
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 04:32:14 PM »
Thank you!  :howdy
Have you tried the serie of maps made by Crikey (norbsoft forum user)? I haven't tried them for a long time but they don't seem to give problems with the DoW toolbar
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
Re: La Souffel map: Impassable river
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 09:11:33 PM »
Hi Tadzio, if I remember correctly I tried his lace war maps pack but I can't remember if I tested with our mod or not.

Anyway in the next mod version I'll try to integrate as many maps I can; Crickey is one of the best map maker around and he helped me a lot when I made la souffel map :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: