Translations for our friends around the world.

The Flight Sim Store Warning!!!!

Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 137 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« on: June 10, 2019, 09:34:52 PM »
A new Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to PC and Xbox One

Microsoft Flight Simulator - E3 2019 - Announce Trailer

Published on 9 Jun 2019

Coming 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

PC & XBox

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 10:03:08 PM »

Offline Skoop

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 09:26:21 PM »
Mixed feelings about this.  Might be great to see all the modern effects applied to the latest sim, but will any of this help legacy esp platforms like prepar ? 

Not exactly excited about starting over, but if the product is compelling enough....

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 11:43:09 PM »
Mixed feelings about this.  Might be great to see all the modern effects applied to the latest sim, but will any of this help legacy esp platforms like prepar ? 

Not exactly excited about starting over, but if the product is compelling enough....

New engine so legacy could be in the past........

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 06:01:59 PM »
Microsoft interview @ PCGamer
14/06/19

Xbox's Phil Spencer on Game Pass, Steam and the Epic Games Store

Why did you bring Flight Simulator back? What led to that moment?

We do have some pilots on the teams that are big fans of flight, and flight sims, and flying themselves, who are passionate about it, so we said, 'okay, let's see what we can do'. Flight Sim was a game in our past that sold millions and millions of units and had a very, very passionate community—in fact, they're still out there. So, okay. Can we do something new with Flight Sim? Can we actually move it forward in an interesting way?

I remember in February or March we were looking at gameplay that we had the option to bring and it was pretty close to what you saw on stage, we saw it [during the Xbox Briefing, the room just went silent as we were looking at this. Afterwards, it was Shannon Loftis [GM of Microsoft Studios Publishing] who brought it in, who happens to be a pilot, and I said, "is that the game?"

"Yeah, that's the game."

'You're going to have to put at the bottom that that's in-game. because nobody's going to believe that's in-game." You notice the video says '4K in-game'. And then I said, "why does it look like that?". There's 2 petabytes of geographical data behind that game, that they're then using Azure AI to stitch the seams together so as you're flying, you're seeing a seamlessly connected Earth. I was like "you've gotta put that in the video because it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen". It's using real geographical data, real weather data, to give you the ability to literally fly around what looks like a living planet.

That's new. To me, that's exciting. They can do it on Xbox and they can do it on Windows and it look like that on stage. This whole thing—'can we really put Flight Sim in an E3 press briefing, because Flight Sim's kind of its own thing, some people don't even call it a game'. But it was visually stunning in my mind. Maybe I'm a little bit too close to it.

To a PC-specific audience it shows you're conscious of them and of your history as a company.

Full interview

Offline Reds

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 12:56:17 AM »
Hopefully a full MFS game and not cut down for the console crowd .

We'll see I suppose .

Microsoft disabled 2 old style DRMs on Windows 10

Started by AsidBoard Games Discussion

Replies: 0
Views: 1075
Last post September 24, 2015, 04:14:48 PM
by Asid
Introducing Microsoft HoloLens 2

Started by AsidBoard General Discussion

Replies: 0
Views: 149
Last post February 25, 2019, 10:53:46 AM