Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815  (Read 6094 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Asid

  • HAVOC
  • *
  • Posts: 16318
Re: Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2018, 12:03:44 AM »
1812 Campaign Update


Posted by the dev: pzgndr

Here's a quick update on the 1812 Campaign.  I have more or less finalized the data files and setups for all of the campaigns, 1805 and 1812, for both EIA classic and EIH alternate OOBs.

The good news is it all appears to work OK.  The not so good news is that the AI needs some serious attention.  I played the first three months as Austria to watch what all of the computer opponents did.  France consolidated forces into a massive stack, made an attack on Brest-Litovsk, and finally sent a small force into Russia to Minsk.  Russia consolidated forces at Kovno and then moved into Konigsberg.  Not exactly the clash of arms we would expect.





And here's the situation in Spain.  My initial playtests had Spain surrendering right away on the first turn, so I dug into Marshall's AI code for sue_for_peace and made some edits to essentially reduce several negative factors for Spain.  This keeps Spain in the game so that France does not immediately descend upon Lisbon with all forces, but further playtesting is needed to ensure Spain is not adversely affected by these adjustments.

I think I'm at a decent spot now to move onto other bug fixing and then come back to AI performance adjustments later.





I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Online Asid

  • HAVOC
  • *
  • Posts: 16318
Re: Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2019, 10:22:34 PM »
State of the game Update 2/1/2019


Posted by the dev: pzgndr

Happy New Year. I did manage to resolve the 1812 setups and move on to bug fixing. However, the passing of my mother in late October and issues with my "other" gaming passion (i.e., my Advanced Third Reich mod for Strategic Command and glitches with the v1.16 beta) have been major distractions to me working on EIA the past couple of months.

The good news is that I fixed several more bugs and tackled the loaned unit issues, at least as far as initial coding is concerned. There were quite a few places in the code where I added checks for loaned units (major and minor), and whether the controlling nation (lendee) and old_nation (lender) are at war, as applicable. The bad news is that I am struggling through some playtesting and finding problems. So I am in troubleshooting mode trying to figure out what's wrong and what I may have introduced with my changes. This may take a while.

A new major distraction is that I am about to start a new job next week. So I don't know what my "free time" schedule will look like for the next few months and when I might be ready to submit a beta package to Matrix. I remain committed to working on EIA as I can and getting v1.23 released eventually. Please be patient. Thanks!

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying