Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Reentry - An Orbital Simulator  (Read 789 times)

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Reentry - An Orbital Simulator
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 01:19:06 AM »
How to install the Early Access Apollo 8 historical campaign in Reentry
21 December - Sotamakkara

Today (12/21/2018) marks the 50 year anniversary for the Apollo 8 launch! The Apollo 8 crew were now preparing for the mission, with the launch only hours away.

Today, 50 years later, the features needed to fly to the Moon was released in the Early Access build as 0.203 rolled out. This allows you to try the journey to the Moon yourself!

In addition, the Early Access of the Apollo 8 historical campaign for Reentry is now available. You will be able to select the Mission from the Campaigns menu, but since the mission is still so early in development, you need to install it manually.

Installing is easy and will only take a minute by following the steps below:
1) Go to https://github.com/ReentryGame/Apollo8Campaign
2) Download the content as ZIP or clone it directly into 3)
3) Add the files in this repository to %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Wilhelmsen Studios\ReEntry\Campaigns\

Your campaign folder should now look something like this:
AppData\LocalLow\Wilhelmsen Studios\ReEntry\Campaigns\Apollo8Campaign

Good luck!

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 01:41:24 AM »
Patch 0.205.EA is out!
22 DECEMBER   - SOTAMAKKARA

This patch, including 0.204.EA, is a minor update to the large 0.203 patch. It fix some major issues with the Mission System, and will make it possible to run through the Early Access of the Apollo 8 campaign.

Once the client is update, please update the campaign as well by following this link: https://github.com/ReentryGame/Apollo8Campaign

The Apollo 8 campaign has multiple parts. Part 1 will do the prep, ascent, and orbit insertion. After this the mission should complete. You can then go to the campaing page to select Part 2. Part 2 is all about the TLI and LV sep.
The mission will complete after separation and the burn check.

Part III is a placeholder but will start at the Lunar approach, and Part 4 will start in Lunar orbit.

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »
Patch 0.206.EA is out, fixing Mission System issues
26 DECEMBER   - SOTAMAKKARA

The latest patch is a patch that will fix various Mission System issues and bugs, such as the bug that makes it impossible to complete Part II of the Apollo 8 Early Access mission.

Part II will in the future contain the Mid-Course Correction burn. Part III will have the Moon approach and orbit burn, and Part IV will load in orbit and have the Lunar Orbit tasks!

Please update the simulator to make Part II work. This fixes some other things too but the Mission System is the main part of this update.

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 02:13:09 AM »
Patch 0.207.EA is out, general bug-fixing and typo-fixes!
6 JANUARY   - SOTAMAKKARA

Happy New Year everyone!

This is an important patch that fixes one of the serious Mercury bugs that will make the game crash after one hour of flight.

The patch also fixes so the Gemini Exam gives you the completion achievement and badge.

In addition, a lot of reported typos has been fixed, and other minor bugs and fixes.

A lot of the issues that are fixed is from my own backlog, but also from the community. Here is a list of issues reported by the community directly into the bug and typo tools, that are fixed in this patch.
Fixed Community Reported Issues on GitHub

Thanks again for reporting issues, and providing great feedback. It all adds up and makes Reentry a better simulator for everyone.

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 12:09:33 AM »
Patch 0.208.EA is out, adding support for TrackIR.
8 JANUARY   - SOTAMAKKARA

The 0.208.EA patch adds a few features the community has been asking for.

The biggest part of the update is the support for TrackIR to the Steam version of Reentry. TrackIR is a 6 DoF tracking technology from NaturalPoint and is a device I have been using in almost all the simulators I play. It allows you to further immerse yourself into the simulator by allowing you to move and orient the cockpit camera using your head.

I have wanted to have support for this for a good while, but not yet had the time. Luckily, Chris Reed from the Reentry Community reached out and helped us get this feature in Reentry (thanks!).

TrackIR is enabled from the SETTINGS menu, accessible from the Main Menu,

In addition, this update also adds the option to reduce the camera shake during the Apollo Saturn V launch. This option can be enabled in the REALISM settings page. Enabling this will reduce the camera shake during S-IC and SII boosting, and will make it easier to press switches and buttons.

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 12:26:05 AM »
Patch 0.209.EA is out, fixing Apollo SPS burn

The 0.209.EA patch has a lot of fixes in the Apollo Systems regarding the SPS engine, and the related programs in the AGC (P30 and P40).

These fixes should also fix the Apollo Reentry Academy tutorial where the engine just burned for two seconds.

In addition, fixes the Gemini Mission System and the Gemini Mission Editor has been made.

More bug-fixes will roll out during patches, and the development of the Lunar Module (interior) has started for full.

Thanks again for reporting issues, and helping me make a better simulator for everyone.