Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Missions published in advance  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Missions published in advance
« on: April 12, 2015, 04:17:44 PM »
Missions published in advance

We have discussed this before. We need to have the missions well in advance for some of the following reasons.

C.O's and prospective C.O's need time to plan.
Time is better spent in the briefing communicating the plan rather than creating one.
Participants sometimes need preparation.

I know it is difficult when we rely on custom missions as they are mainly made by Cougar and Assassin. They have limited time due to work and family commitments. It is unfair to put the responsibility and expectation onto them.  There is a large pool of missions available we should use it. We should set up a pool of missions. Any D.O.W. member can nominate a mission for the pool. However the experienced players/mission designers will decide if the mission is actually added to the pool. The reasoning is to limit/prevent the use of unbalanced or badly designed missions being played.

We really need to push forward with this.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
Re: Missions published in advance
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »
I completely agree. Not having this can force some bad situations, and not having the proper planning time prior to missions.

I can see happening where mission designers do not have the proper time to make a mission, and then when mission day comes multiple things can happen.
1. mission planning can take 15-45mins and then game time of 60-180 mins. Too much time.
2. Mission parts can be broken, unbalanced, not detailed enough, and hurts the immersion.
3. Real life and or VU life affected for the mission desginers by having to choose to not do something in real life to make a mission for the group, or not make a mission for the group, and let the team down. Real life always comes first, but no one likes letting the group down.
4. Lacks organization, preparation, and takes away from the fun and immersion of the missions/group.

This is another thing that people need to just step up and do. Two ways. Create missions that can actually be played on Saturday and Sunday, or nominate missions to be run on those days. Either way this has to be done.

Cougar11 8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:20:21 PM »
Whomever wants to be the commander of the mission, he should be able to download in advance in order to plan it out properly with advanced notice.  Volunteering one hour before kickoff counts as we Americans love doing things last minute  ::)

4-7 CAV campaign being the exception...unless Colebrook gets fired  ;D

Now, all I need is a job and more time to make some of my own scenarios...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:35:15 PM »
Whomever wants to be the commander of the mission, he should be able to download in advance in order to plan it out properly with advanced notice.

This is how it should be. However currently the majority of missions are created by Cougar and Assassin. It would be great if they could have the missions 2 weeks in advance....Just that damn real life keeps getting in the way. When they have a bit of spare time to game they should not have to use it up creating the mission for the following day.......

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
In that case...
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
I will step up and help do my part
 8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 09:15:09 AM »
Anyone that want to learn how to make missions, or work on their abilities, I am more than willing when time permits, to walk them through making a mission.
Things like picking units, types of missions, the difference between DOW and TANKS and training missions, size, maps, vehicle types, routes, conditions, briefings, saving, testing, options, scoring, conditions, and more.
The key IMO is to keep it as simple as you can, and adjust from there. Once you get the basics down, you can then add more and more complexity to the mission design. If you have the time to work on a mission for 6-12 hours of actual work time, you can make one hell of a mission.
Later this week I will be getting ready to make the next mission in the campaign, and if someone wants to walk through making it with me when I am doing it ok with me, as long as it is not everyone that is going to be playing. If a lot of people want to be in on it, then we can make a different mission all together, learn together.  8) Just let me know.

I hope I am not biting off more than I am expecting  ??? LOL but its all good.  ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 04:14:47 PM »
Excellent Cougar.

I would advise anyone who has an interest in mission design to take up Cougars offer as he has designed some great immersive missions.

Thank you

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

This weekends missions for SB

Started by Cougar11