My thoughts so far approx 15 hours of play V0.96
This has a ways to go. It is early days. The game uses the Unreal 3 engine. Everything is just to shiny. The dev seems to be responsive and has changed quite a few things I have suggested. Below are some problems and observations.
• Having issues with smoke. It is very blocky and just appears or disappears.
• I can't hold breath to aim. This has never worked for me.
• The aiming down the sight is very difficult.
• The "fright system is annoying. The soldier bounces up and down a little.
• When you heal someone a roll of tape appears in your hands. Like gaffer tape...Dump I say.
• Healing is just going up to a soldier and pressing F5. Then they are healed. I say hold a key and watch health return. Say 5 seconds.
• You can't enter buildings....Strange. They would add to the flexibility and excitement when you are getting over run.
• The map is very dark and small. Make it bigger and brighter so at least it does something useful.
• The volume of voices fluctuates when they should not.
• Horse animation...Yeah. Not good.
At this point in its development. The game feels like a mod. It can get better and I believe it will with time. The strong point for this game is the subject matter. The game does have a good link to the period. Uniforms, bugle, weapons, historic facts. However history is the strong point and should be used as much as possible.