Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
« on: January 30, 2016, 11:24:49 PM »
Today I had a look at The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

What intrigues me about the game is the stunning graphic environment. The storyline has serious depth also, it gives you a insight in a childs mind and how a child saves and deals with everyday problems. The music is very good and amplifies the atmosphere. Very well done.

My 40 minutes with the game was not focused on the gameplay. I watched a walkthrough for that. I was just moving around on the map searching the most beautiful spots. Yes this game is beautifull.

My verdict? Well its not much game for the money, but its a small dev team, young company with a few sucsesfull titles for a certain target group. Seeing what they have accomplished I am stunned. Definedly good work....

Upcomming: Pictures and random walkthrough from youtube. SPOILER ALLERT

From steam:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a first-person story-driven mystery game that focuses entirely on exploration and discovery. It contains no combat or explosions of any kind. If our game leaves any scars, we hope you won’t be able to see them.

You play the game as Paul Prospero, an occult-minded detective who receives a disturbing letter from Ethan Carter. Realizing the boy is in grave danger, Paul arrives at Ethan’s home of Red Creek Valley, where things turn out to be even worse than he imagined. Ethan has vanished in the wake of a brutal murder, which Paul quickly discerns might not be the only local murder worth looking into.

Inspired by the weird fiction (and other tales of the macabre) from the early twentieth century, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter aims to significantly evolve immersive storytelling in games. While it features a private detective and quite a few mental challenges, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is not an especially puzzle-ridden game. Our focus is on atmosphere, mood, and the essential humanity of our characters.

Still, the discoveries won’t happen on their own, or without your help. Using both Paul’s supernatural skill of being able to communicate with the dead, and your own powers of observation, you will discover the mystery behind a trail of corpses, the roots of a dark ancient force lurking in Red Creek Valley, and the fate of a missing boy.
Key Features
Explore and interact with the beautiful yet ominous world of Red Creek Valley, which was created with the use of revolutionary photogrammetry technology that allows for nearly photorealistic environments.
Communicate with the dead and see how they died in order to gather clues that help you piece together the truth behind Ethan’s disappearance -- and the fate of his family.
Experience, in non-linear fashion, a story that combines the pleasures of pulp, private eye, and horror fiction, all of it inspired by writers such as Raymond Chandler, Algernon Blackwood, Stefan Grabinski, and H. P. Lovecraft.
Conduct the investigation on your own terms and at your own pace. Although there are a few scary bits in the game, players will have no need for sedatives. Our game is less about terror and more about clammy unease.

Link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/258520/

In some places as low as $4

No clip mod here in the comments:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-8k-screenshot-gallery/

"First, you need to install cheat engine. Then you need to download my table for this game. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9739867/ethan_carter.CT

Open that with Cheat Engine after installing it. While the game is running, use the button in the upper left corner and load the game's executable. Then you can toggle no-clip on and off. Numpad 4\6 to move east\west. Numpad 8\2 to move north\south. Numpad 9\3 to move up and down."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:56:19 AM by Admin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Oh Beautiful Combat Mission, How I Love Thee!

Started by Stardog765

Replies: 3
    Views: 5123
    Last post March 22, 2016, 08:18:08 PM
    by Asid
    Card generator & Computer App to select + ASL themed game

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 1
    Views: 3811
    Last post November 22, 2017, 03:33:37 PM
    by Asid
    ASL themed top trumps card game for PC windows XP Viista 7/8/10