Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Additional bite sized saturday game-session for European players  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack

So... here is what I have thought so far. Any ideas, successions, or questions are welcome.

--------------

Additional bite sized saturday game-session for European players

Basic idea is, that it would start roughly 3-4 hours before DOW mission, and last for roughly 2 hours. A number of small bite sized multicrew missions played during time.

Missions would be small from size. Roughly 1-2 vehicles that would be fully crewed. Including Commander, Gunner, Driver. And in some occasions even both infantry squads. controlled by player, if on PC.  Occasionally there might be mission where is 1 vehicle per player, but mostly it would be focusing to multicrew, for best immersion.

Main focuses would be.
team work, and in attempt to play along as one would be real member of crew.
Learning good communication, different vehicles, tactics and how to work in different situations / enviroments.
And especially of how to work without or with map updates or if missing gps or even map completely. How to navigate and to guide friendly fire to right location.

Examples of more exotic missions would be.
WisentARV, going to do recovery of vehicle in heat of battle.
FO vehicle, observing and calling artillery strike to enemy forces during attack. (Fully crewed, even infantry being used as extra eyes.)
Rescue mission of injured soldiers by using avaitable equipment. (IFV, PCs, trucks and of course infantry weapons such as ATGM to cover operation.)
Recon mission. To locate and find enemy forces with different vehicles such as EagleIV or Centauro.

Many of the missions will be short ones. 15-30 minutes. So there will be several played. At times same mission could be repeated with players having changed roles.

Aim of the MINI session would be to get as much immersion as possible within limitations of the simulation.

THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE SAME AS HAVOC - MINI is thought to be more casual and in many ways experimental. Basically anyone interested of multi-crew would be welcome, as long as they have passion to learn to work as team. In short it will be a session of missions that will show potential of Steelbeast to newcomers or to those who have only stick to tanks so far.

As Addition this session is supposed to work as advertisement for Dogs or War VU.

I will create graphical story styled AAR:s of best missions. That I will post not only here but as well to other forums.

- -- - -

So really...  any thoughts?  I would like to hear those. This is what I have planned and thought so far. I have talked of this with many but I want to see if this is okay in general and agreed inside the group. If there is need, I will change and adjust these ideas.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Additional bite sized saturday game-session for European players
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 06:18:30 PM »
Hi Lumi

I am glad you finally made this post...I've been at you for quite a while.

This is very interesting and something I am interested in. It will also help new players.

Looking forward to an update.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 12:46:16 AM »
If I can play a regular event I should generally be able to play a few hours earlier.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 04:55:26 PM »

That sounds good. Anyone interested is welcome. ^^    Im not expexting too many to come
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 08:04:23 AM »
Currently it seems that I'm not able to participate any gaming during time window when this was supposed to be played cause of network traffic. So things have to go different way.

Im sorry.

- Send from my smartphone with Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 08:06:41 AM »
This is unfortunate, but I am sure you will find a solution to make this available for you and those that would like to play at these times.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 01:13:44 PM »
Currently it seems that I'm not able to participate any gaming during time window when this was supposed to be played cause of network traffic. So things have to go different way.

Im sorry.

- Send from my smartphone with Tapatalk

Let me know if I can help in any way Lumi

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags: