Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 02/08/19  (Read 3254 times)

Online Asid

• HAVOC
What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 02/08/19
« on: August 03, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »

What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 02/08/19    :gamer

Work stuff ongoing...Good weather continues this weekend in patches  so hopefully more RC flying.    :flyaway

I am flying all electric at the moment. Hope to get my nitro powered helicopter out soon. It needs a little work  :whistle

Weather has been quite good with lots of flying but I hope to do some:

P3D V4.5 Military flight sim FSX@War  :fighter
Military simulation is VERY doable in P3D. I enjoy having the entire world to fly in as well as real weather. I can fly a mission in Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Vietnam. In fact almost anywhere.

Milviz F100D, Milviz F86...Korea/ F84F THUNDERSTREAK by SimSkunk Works  :thumbsup

Bush flying with the Milviz PC-6 Porter...Great fun...This is a great bush plane....Land it anywhere  :pilotfly

Kick the tyres and light the fires of the Justflight Tornado  :fire

FSCAI is about to receive a big update. This adds smart ai to the world  :thumbsup

Rainbow6 Vegas 2  :sneaking :shooting-two-guns

Ostriv Immersive 18th century town builder. This is still in Alpha but has many features. There is a new update just released.  :Hammer

Field Of Glory Empires + FOG II: Paradox take note!  :viking

Tank sim: iL2 Tank Crew  :tank

Napoleonics: Maybe the game I am testing... :Nap3

That's what I am trying to play.    :thumbsup

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Skoop

Re: What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 02/08/19
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 07:45:47 PM »
Never heard of FSCAI, is that the lorby one ?

I actually put some time testing and researching what is the best overall AI package.  The key components are ease of use, FPS impact, and realism / how well does the AI interact with the AI ATC.

UTL wins in ease of use and FPS impact, but the very reason it excels here makes it fail in a critical category of not being controlled by some AI ATC.  UTL has horrible support because of a critical family issue of the lead dev which has stalled the updates.  The paints for UTL suck and need a serious update.

Shockingly I came across the Alpha India Group (AIG) that built an amazing AI package that is totally free.  It's constantly updated and has real-world schedules for every airline everywhere in the world.  It has all the proper up to date paints for the AI.  Out of the box it's not very FPS friendly because it's modeling all the real world activity with the BGL files that the default AI uses which has always causes FPS issues.

The fix was to use the traffic limiter built in to FSUIPC.  Most AI ATC work with AIG, I'm using Pro ATCx at the moment and it works well with AIG.  I do notice some errors with Pro ATCx on ground handling which the devs are addressing.  Had I known about AIG earlier, I probably would have never purchased UTL.

When you move on to Vatsim, you can use all the AIG paints to model match the other human pilots in the world.

Some other notes, I looked heavily at just flights traffic global and much of the feedback was that it sucks so far, but it is in EA.  I'm actually pulling for these guys to get it together and release JF Global Traffic for Xplane, which is in development.  If these guys can make a set it and forget it traffic program for xplane with reasonable realism, it'll be huge.  The AI traffic and ATC offerings in Xplane are so horrible even with 3rd parties, I rarely use it, even though the graphics / FPS are so much better than P3D.   
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 11:20:04 PM »
Never heard of FSCAI, is that the lorby one ?

It makes the enemy come alive. They can fire at you  :thumbsup. SAMS, missiles, flak, etc. Until now they enemy planes could not dogfight.....

I will make an in-depth post when I get a little time.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 06:29:48 PM »
Oh gotcha, your talking about combat AI and here I am rambling about commercial AI.

That's good to hear that FSCAI brings dogfighting to the table, that might be a game changer.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 11:18:36 PM »
Oh gotcha, your talking about combat AI and here I am rambling about commercial AI.

That's good to hear that FSCAI brings dogfighting to the table, that might be a game changer.

And its free  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Squad V12 + Free weekend

Started by wilso845

Replies: 0
    Views: 2349
    Last post November 09, 2018, 05:30:13 PM
    by wilso845
    Command Ops 2 - The Sharp End Gaming Blog's Alt Scenario for Red Devils: By JC

Started by Asid

Views: 3940
    Last post January 08, 2018, 04:08:20 PM
    by Asid
    The Fountain War - A History of Gaming's Biggest War

Started by Asid

Views: 4399
    Last post December 24, 2015, 05:22:30 PM
    by Asid
    Zombies Throughout Gaming History