Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 08/06/18  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 08/06/18
« on: June 09, 2018, 12:55:19 AM »

What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 08/06/18    :gamer

I have been doing quite a bit of RC helicopter flying   :flyaway ...and the odd flight with my plane :pilotfly If I get a chance then.....

Flight Simulation    Messing with X-Plane 11 and P3D in sunny Scotland. You cannae beat it.  :pilotfly

IL-2 Battle Of X:  Nice WW2 action in the sky. :pilotfly

Swat 4 (SEF MOD): Great tactical team game. Been having a great time with Beef and Cougar   :shooting-two-guns

Hopefully:
Field of Glory II. Age of Belisarius  :notworthy
Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach . I have the game + DLC's. Not had a chance to try them yet.   
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition   :dwarf

RC helicopter flying:. Hopefully get out again this weekend. I had an issue where the heli went into full negative pitch about 6ft off the ground. Only skids were broken. Doing fault finding  :Holmes and changed the ESC ....Seems to be ok....Investigation is still under way. .  :sifone

What about you? Surely I am not the only one playing?   :Tumbleweed
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
Re: What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 08/06/18
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 11:09:18 AM »
Currently watching Trooping The Colour (House hold tradition)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 11:31:33 AM »
Currently watching Trooping The Colour (House hold tradition)

They also show this ritual here live on german tv. What for?  :dunno

Actually Mrs. Elizabeth is in charge of the island and commonwealth people only.

For me its somehow disturbing that a number of people exalt foreign royals. Its not their own tradition nor their own culture. We should try to cultivate intercommunity on meaningful subjects.

Nothing left to do than  :shots

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 11:52:59 AM »
The royal family origins are that of German it was only in 1917 that they changed the name to Windsor from Saxe-coburg-gotha. For some strange reason. :dunno

Same as German Shepard to Alsatian

You would be surprised how much of British culture and roots come from Germany.

As someone who served and lived in Germany I was amazed how much Germans love the sound of bag pipes. Our regimental Pipers were paid serious money to play a parties and weddings.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »
The royal family origins are that of German it was only in 1917 that they changed the name to Windsor from Saxe-coburg-gotha. For some strange reason. :dunno

Same as German Shepard to Alsatian

You would be surprised how much of British culture and roots come from Germany.

As someone who served and lived in Germany I was amazed how much Germans love the sound of bag pipes. Our regimental Pipers were paid serious money to play a parties and weddings.

Yeah, but I am afraid that this is not the reason why so many people are watching those weddings and parades. I am sure most of them doesnt even really know about historical background. And if they knew, it wouldnt make it any better, because it exposes their romanticization of aristocrats. I am more concerned that they want something like that again in Germany to make sheep eyes at. On the other hand we have to pay quite a lot of money to the broadcasters and I dont really like that it is spend on transmitting weddings and stuff.

The thing about bag pipes is something completely different to me. That kind of exchange is very welcomed to me. I ve also family connections to Britain. My nephew is half german half british/welsh. He and his parents live in England. I ve been to England and Wales several times and how much I ve been enriched from the experiences I made and people I met.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 09:17:51 PM »
Not much gaming done so far this weekend. However I had quite a few flights with my RC helicopters and a few with my plane  :thumbsup

Great weather here so took advantage. I managed several visits to my flying field this week.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

The Fountain War - A History of Gaming's Biggest War

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 4387
    Last post December 24, 2015, 05:22:30 PM
    by Asid
    Command Ops 2 - The Sharp End Gaming Blog's Alt Scenario for Red Devils: By JC

Started by Asid

Views: 3928
    Last post January 08, 2018, 04:08:20 PM
    by Asid
    Zombies Throughout Gaming History

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3180
    Last post March 16, 2017, 07:52:53 PM
    by budd
    For Honor: Free Weekend

Started by Asid

Views: 2678
    Last post August 09, 2017, 03:28:35 PM
    by Asid
    Disable Xbox Game DVR on Windows 10 (Gaming Input Lag Issues)

Started by Asid

Views: 4885
    Last post September 14, 2016, 01:34:38 AM
    by Asid