Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 21/3/15 Combined Arms Breach V2  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 21/3/15 Combined Arms Breach V2
« on: March 20, 2015, 06:43:15 AM »
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 21/03/15 @ GMT20:00

You can watch it live.  You do NOT need Steel Beasts. http://www.twitch.tv/dogsofwarvu

D.O.W. Combined Arms Breach V2 by Cougar11

This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

Mission Summary :
Company TF moves to secure an objective. Attack through obstacle area, and defeat enemy forces from phase line to phase line, and securing the airport, using the triggers along the way.
M1A2SEP, Leo2A5, M2A2, Engineer bradleys, and support units. Repair area along the way. Enemy in BMPs, T72s, and T80s. Over one hour in length, and minimum commanders 1, preferred 4 or more.

Map

Excerpts of the battalion commander's (HVAOC 6) orders for...BLUEFOR (D.O.W.)

1) SITUATION:

a) Enemy:
   Enemy consisting of spread out units from a motorized rifle brigade, and is currently reconsolidating and preparing to attack. Units are spread out along the avenue of attack, and will counter attack once units are available.
   Units consist of approximate battalion level plus if they counter attack consisting of T72 to T90, and BMP2/3s.

b) Own:
                     TF Cougar consisting of a platoon of M1A2SEP, Leo2A5A2-DK, M2A2, M2A2ODS Eng., M113A3Eng. with miclic, and support units. Reduced units to the left, right and rear.

c) Attachments and detachments:

Engineers with MICLIC, Supply, medic, and Repair.

2) MISSION:

TF Cougar attacks in sector to secure forward airfield, and defeat enemy in sector. TF Cougar will hold the objective at all costs.   

3) EXECUTION:

Mission: TF Cougar attacks in sector to secure forward airfield, and defeat enemy in sector. TF Cougar will hold the objective at all costs. 

Intent: Breach any obstacles, attack to destroy enemy along attack route, and hold Objective Airfield at all costs. 

** Notes **
SB Version: 3.025 32bit/64bit
Mission Name: Combined Arms Breach V2
Created by: Cougar11
Modified by: N/A
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: Yes
Largest command: Company plus
Smallest command:Crew Position
Mission Duration: 120 minutes depending on players and progress.
Minimum number players: 4
Date: Saturday Mission 21/03/15
Time: 20:00 GMT
Time (local): http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150321T20&p0=%3A&msg=DOW+Saturday+Steel+Beasts+Meeting&csz=1
Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987
Room: Dogs of War

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Completion of at least 1 full tutorial of Leo2A5 or M1A2Sep, preferred also M2A2 and or CV-90.
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.

At least one person with minefield breaching abilities

Dogs Of War Vehicles : (in mission)

M1A2(SEP): Main Battle Tank
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M1A2_%28SEP%29

Leo 2A5A2-DK
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Leopard_2A5-DK

M2A2(ODS)/Eng
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M2A2

M113A3/Medic
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M113_Medic

M88A1 MRV
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M88A1_MRV

M113 Repair
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M113_Repair

M977 HEMTT/Fueler/Supply
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=HEMTT_Fuel

You can just listen if you wish by using Teamspeak. You do NOT need Steel Beasts.
Required:
Teamspeak Download (windows): http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&type=ts3_windows_client_latest
Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987

All Welcome
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
Re: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 21/3/15 Combined Arms Breach V2
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 07:02:52 AM »
This mission will test the commander, and independent unit leaders. Communication will be key to making it to the end.

Mission musts!!!

Breaching unit commander.
Do not move past Phase lines prior to triggers being used, and stay out of penalty zones.
Communication.
Individual unit survival.

Would really like some one other than Colebrook, and anyone that has played this prior (its been 3-6 months at least since we played the other version of this). With that said the commander and breaching commander need to be able to conduct a breach operation, and coordinate the units well.

I look forward to hearing and seeing how this went.  ;D

I wish I could be there, and know that Beef and Assassin7 will not be there as well.
Good luck, and if anyone has any questions prior to Saturday as I will be unavailable all day, get online Friday to get the mission and have a chat with me.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 05:43:12 PM »
I'm definitely coming to play this one. At-least as platoon commander again.

I might... give a try to CO..  but only if no one else. because I feel bit too shy right now. And this looks easier than Sundays one. As far as long breaching will work.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 08:53:13 AM »

I posted this to Steelbeast.com  for peoples to see. http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=270910#post270910
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 01:34:31 PM »

I posted this to Steelbeast.com  for peoples to see. http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=270910#post270910

Thank you for taking the time to do this Lumi. I appreciate it

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
I will be a no-show today
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »
Family obligations for a special event, can't back out of it.  I'll make up for it tomorrow  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: I will be a no-show today
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 05:11:43 PM »
Family obligations for a special event, can't back out of it.  I'll make up for it tomorrow  8)

Family first Red.

See you on Sunday :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 04:49:06 AM »
Well I have to apologize for part of the issue there was with breaching the minefield. When I changed the design of the mission to trigger enemy forces from just pulling the triggers, to pulling the triggers or having units cross it, I missed the greater than symbol on two of them. This caused two companies of enemy to move out before they should have.  :(  >:(at myself for that. That probably caused some major frustrations trying to conduct a breach with that many enemy waiting for you at the top of the hill.

I will make sure every time after this to play test the mission one last time.  :'(

I do look forward to hearing how it went still minus the mission faux pas I was part of.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 06:45:39 AM »
I have now fixed the trigger issue, and it works fine. I tested it, and won all on my own with 800 out of 1000 points. We will try this again as it is one of those types of missions that give people trouble, and it is a skill to breaching that must be practiced over and over.  ::) 8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »
In theory... it should have went all fine.

In practice.... we did a silly mistake to trust AI while breaching and were just a little bit too slow.

Hehe and yeah. I thought to play this one just by myself too. To see how it goes. Using very same plan that I had :P    on first try.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 11:48:20 AM »
No I was watching on Twitch from work, and sending text chat from twitch. From the sounds of things, all kids of things went wrong. Looks like we will have to do this again.  8)

Good on you for taking command. Sounded like you were doing what you could, and making decisions.  :)

Dunno...  I had good touch to things until there started to be talk that there is two minefields. It was hard to understand what others meant. What I assumed was that there would be another, a scatter minefield waiting after traditional one.  Not that it would be on same spot. - Colebrook explained it well. I just didnt understand how it could be like so.

Also...  first breach attem with miglig was good in my view. Only real trouble was that we kinda lost where it was done cause I pulled miglic away right away, assuming that Bob was looking at me. -  That was wrong. I should make sure that breaching tank is right there... next, or right behind miglic next time when breaching happens. If so. We could have done it I think? Unless. AI stops breaching from enemy contact. :(   

When we could not locate first one. Thats when I started to get nervous and when my thinking started to take shortcuts. I should have had kept controll to the end. :(   - And not given breaching to Asid even when he wanted to help. Two cooks on same soup makes result to be horrible.  Also I should have given Colebrook more time to explain and to show what he meant. I assumed too much from too little. That caused me to have wrong understanding.

Also...  can micligs really reload? It didn't look like they could.

more over. I think that all breaching assets have to be with the person who does breaching. Just to eliminate flaw of AI. - Or atleast there has to be really good teamwork. Coordination with me and Bob didn't work out. Then again Colebrook did great job on his own. He was able to follow plan without me really saying anything to him.  - Not sure what I should have done with units on west. trusted more to Bod or... to micromanage more...  like I did... saying "Keep relocating not to get hit by arty" or "Remember to hit space to get your blows down"   I think I really should trust players more and stop micromanaging. When I do not controll everything they do they might start thinking that do they do everything right? and when I do micromanage... it can make then less worried since they trust that Im looking at what they do. When in truth CO can't observe like that.

In short. After 2 breach was succesfully made to the end by Colebrook, I should have given more orders to him and to Asid. I think that they partly moved too far, too fast. But it is not the case entirely. Like you said. There was a lot of enemy activity, and even when they were moving agaisnt what I was thinking to be good. I knew that it would be better to move than to take more artillery.

Artillery... something that I screwed on this mission a big time, by not using it. Actually. I really want to play this once again if you do not mind. Now when I know where I failed and what I have to do better. I'm looking to improve my skills on this mission. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »
No plan survives first contact, and the best laid plans always go wrong. Just do what you think needs to be done, trust in your decisions, trust that they will be carried out, and adapt if it does not. The worst decision is one that is not made, even if it is the wrong one. You made it through the breach, and you made it to the end with help from a leader in your group with experience. That is another way to lead, by letting those with experience give advise, and then deciding if you want to use it or not. The military does not train because leading is easy, but to give you the most chance at success when it really counts. Keep it up Lumi and I am sure you will hone your skills as a commander.  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 04:01:12 PM »
One day.. one day I will feel like that too. Before that I better keep taking challenges and to do what I can.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
Scenarios
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 02:21:32 AM »
Wonder if someone would create a walk through video on scenario designing.  I'm eager to create a middle east campaign.   8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 02:57:05 AM »

Here is a link to a YouTube series think it is 10 parts on how to make a mission. This is the 1st one in the series. I also believe Asid posted somewhere in our forum this as well. 8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

D.O.W. Sunday Mission 07/12/14

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 6161
    Last post December 08, 2014, 04:48:19 AM