Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
Windows 10
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »
Just to fill you all in regarding W10...

The good news! Windows 10 is still free, but with some minor drawbacks. You can not change your screensaver and all those things to make Windows prettier which to me makes no big deal! You also get a watermark on the bottom left of your screen, but not so in games or videos! Besides that itīs a full functional OS. Yes the watermark dose say "Activate Windows", but thatīs about it. Thereīs no limit/trial, at least for now.

When installing choose Windows Home and when asked for licence just click "no licences" at the bottom of the screen. Follow instructions as usual.  When formating I suggest you delete your main HD partition aswell. To not do so will créate a folder called "Windows (old) which will take up space. Thus the "merge"!

For W10 to work well I suggest YOU DONīT merge from W7 to W10! Yes itīs a bummer but itĻs best to format youīr HD and make a clean Install.  Microsoft dose not plan to make any more upgrades since W10, there might be "other" paid upgrades but no more OS upgrades.  I think itīs a logical move on behalf of MS, as people are a bit fed up of paying for a new OS every 4-5 yearīs, besides itīs a hasel for all the devīs!  Also Chrome OS is jus around the bend, so they have to play there cards right!  That said Installing Chrome web browser in W10 is not "to" recomended as they are "at war" to say with Chrome.

I find the learning curve not to difficult, itīs actually quite easy. Overall itīs more comfortable and practical to use. There are things that you might not need or use, at least for now, Xbox, WiFi, Netflix, and other social apps, but you must understand that W10 is a multiplatform OS which can be used with smartphones, tablets and táctil screens.

So far I find it practical, better screen/color resolution and with better performance. In theory itīs compatible with all games designed for W7 as the architecture has been maintained from one OS to the other. As long as you donīt merge you should be fine.

Microsoft will end itīs support to W7 in 2019. The actual updates for W7 have been cut down already, with just some security updates to date.

Hope it helps and itīs up to you to decide.

Care,

Red
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:16:39 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 03:27:02 PM »
Hi Red

Thanks for your feedback.

Windows 10 is the only way at this point if you want DX12. Though not really anything out there yet that uses it. Also GPU's are catching up slowly.

It is a big task to reinstall an OS. Especially with lots of activations/serials to enter...This is where Steam is a big plus...

Oh I also have many old pc games. I bet they will not work on W10 :(

It is always best to do a fresh install instead of an upgrade when switching to another OS.

Let us know what you think longer term.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Longknife

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »

No they wont. Win10 will not allow you to install anything that does not have a security certificate. At least I was not able to find a way to.

I have always been suspicious of new versions of Windows & historically run a version behind what is current. I didnt with Win10 & other then having to give up some old favorites have been very happy with it. Win10 is super stable & smooth. I really have not found a thing about it that I dont like.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 10:50:34 PM »
The only problem I had with Windows 10 was with SABOW. Campaign missions crashed on the briefing screen but I managed to find a workaround. Oh, and once it reset all my setting after an update. But overall I'm happy with it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 11:31:24 PM »

No they wont. Win10 will not allow you to install anything that does not have a security certificate. At least I was not able to find a way to.

I have always been suspicious of new versions of Windows & historically run a version behind what is current. I didnt with Win10 & other then having to give up some old favorites have been very happy with it. Win10 is super stable & smooth. I really have not found a thing about it that I dont like.
I have had windows 10 for at least half a year now. Steel beasts does not have a security certificate, and other games, but I have been able to install all of them, no problems.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Windows 10 To Get 'Game Mode' That Could Boost Gaming Performance

Started by Asid

Replies: 4
    Views: 4280