Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: WoWs tactics  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Longknife

WoWs tactics
« on: September 09, 2016, 01:05:59 PM »
I finally got to play WoWs a little last night. I dd the coop missions & then just a few of the MP before I needed to call it a night.

I had a great deal of fun in coop but not so much in MP. The way my "team" was waging war was the naval version of camping. Soon as the game started they steamed to the lee side of the islands & took up station waiting for the enemy to advance into gun range & then conducted just a long range gunnery battle. Both teams were decidedly BB heavy with just couple of CA's & just me & one other poor bastard in a DD. I attempted to get them organized & provide a screen for advancing but they did not seem interested. They just wanted to duke it out at long range with their BBs & the CA's & DD's being nothing more than targets to take some of the fire off the BB's.

Is this common?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
Re: WoWs tactics
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »
I finally got to play WoWs a little last night. I dd the coop missions & then just a few of the MP before I needed to call it a night.

I had a great deal of fun in coop but not so much in MP. The way my "team" was waging war was the naval version of camping. Soon as the game started they steamed to the lee side of the islands & took up station waiting for the enemy to advance into gun range & then conducted just a long range gunnery battle. Both teams were decidedly BB heavy with just couple of CA's & just me & one other poor bastard in a DD. I attempted to get them organized & provide a screen for advancing but they did not seem interested. They just wanted to duke it out at long range with their BBs & the CA's & DD's being nothing more than targets to take some of the fire off the BB's.

Is this common?
Yes and no. Lower tier games are very disorganized. The ship's do not have the range, or capabilities. Random battles can be a free for all. That is what you get, when you place 12 random people, that are out to get as much XP and profit as they can. The DD is to scout, and when able rush in and get torps off. Higher in the tiers, they will have area denial with long range torps. They have speed and can maneuver. CR's are to protect BB's from DD, provide anti-aircraft, and set for to BB's. NB to destroy other BB's, and cruisers. It will take time to learn how to hide, maneuver, and use your ships. Don't sail in strait lines for looking periods, adjust your speed up and down, know when you are out of support from other ships, and when to turn back to not die. No shame moving in, getting damaged, and then move back behind main force taking long shots. Gives you time to move out of there way of shots. Usual one large group going I've way, loses. Two evenly sized group can do will. Maps with cap points have to be taken, or you lose quick. Trans should focus fire on one so if they can. Takes then out quickly, and message less guns firing.
Hope this helps. Get online with us, and we could discuss our help more.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 03:03:02 PM »
I think that you will want to make sure you have a tank up front with a caster buffing and some DPS rangers in the back.

Thats usually a very effective tried and true tactic.  Good luck!

errrrrrr........

Whats that? Oh wait, you mean the other WoW!  :/

sorry brah!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 04:22:44 PM »
I think that you will want to make sure you have a tank up front with a caster buffing and some DPS rangers in the back.

Thats usually a very effective tried and true tactic.  Good luck!

errrrrrr........

Whats that? Oh wait, you mean the other WoW!  :/

sorry brah!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Stellar Tactics