Translations for our friends around the world.

LIF:YO & MMO

Author Topic: Sum it up for me plz  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Longknife

Sum it up for me plz
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:08:11 PM »
I keep looking at this game & trying to figure out what sort of game it is. It looks like something I might like but my dollars & more importantly my time is at a premium. I was thinking I would zero in on just DCS & SB but I need another game or two for casual & relaxing game play. I am downloading World of ships at this very moment because I watched a couple game play youtubes of it & it looked relaxing & fun. I keep coming back to Life is Fuedal for the very same reason.

From the couple of videos I have seen of this it strikes me as Skyrim meets sim city. Both are titles I have enjoyed in the past.

So could someone sum this up for me? What is the game play like & what are the goals?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: Sum it up for me plz
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 04:31:37 PM »
Urm I will let others to sum LIF, but I have downloated World of warships.. and I could start playing it with you at some point if and when I have time.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 04:40:37 PM »
Hi Longknife.

There are a few of us in DOW who have LIF. We purchased it for the same reason you are thinking about. It is very relaxing.

You start off on an island in the feudal age. You need to create everything from scratch. The island can house up-to 64 people. There are no NPC's at the moment. You can play as a hermit but it is easier to play in a group. This way you can help to grow a settlement. The server admin can dictate the XP growth and thus the pace of the game. The DOW server was set deliberately low so that it was a relaxing slow paced game. Drop in and out when you want. Interact on the level you choose. Trade if you want. Help if you want. Steal if you want. Play it your way.

We had our own server but it is down and a new one will be up soon.

Also if you purchase Life is feudal. You get a free character in the MMO version. This has a huge map with thousands of players.

Another way to play is to play it sandbox style. On your own pc. However this will mean you are the only human on the island.

Hope this was helpful.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Longknife

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 04:46:51 PM »
Thanks guys!

I think I will give it a go then.

So this DoW server is up all the time? Do we need to be on at the same time to interact in game or is it possible to connect to the server with myself being the only one on & working towards a common goal (eg: planting fields, chopping trees etc)? I was just thinking with the time disparity it would be nice to be able to do just that.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 04:56:34 PM »
Hi Longknife

The DOW members who own LIF are:

Stardog
Attila
Don
Asid
Beef
Cougar
Renders
Colebrook

The ones in bold played more than the others. There is a mix of European and USA players. You usually see someone.

Like i said we played it at a slow, casual and relaxing pace. Team work is beneficial but not a requirement. We play this with the view that it will be long term.

The permanent server at this point is not up. However you can join several to get your feet wet. Including Attila's server which he puts up.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
Urm I will let others to sum LIF, but I have downloated World of warships.. and I could start playing it with you at some point if and when I have time.

Sure Lumi that would be great!

I love WWII naval combat. I used to play Fighting Steel about 15yrs ago with my squadron mates from Warbirds. It was a great simulator but the only problem was the battles were fought in real time. We would spend the better part of a Saturday fighting it out. For those not familiar with naval combat it takes hours if not days as you maneuver for position before the opening shots.
World of Warships looks like the same battle strategies pay off but at a much faster pace. I am looking forward to it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 06:16:42 PM »
I play WoWs regularly. I like it for the naval combat, and that I can jump into a couple of games on my own or as a group of 3 wherever I want, or when nothing is being played as a group. I warn you that it can get intense sometimes, frustrating at others due to idiot teams or players. You are welcome to join me and the others that play it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:47:02 PM by Cougar11 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 09:04:58 PM »
I play WoWs regularly. I like it for the naval combat, and that I can jump into a couple of games on my own or as a group of 3 wherever I want, or when nothing is being played as a group. I warn you that it can get intense sometimes, frustrating at others due to idiot teams or players. You are welcome to join me and the others that play it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks Cougar! That would be fun. Will definitely try to hook up with you. I will be on later tonight I'm sure.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »
I am having a hard time getting warmed up to this game... I've got about 8 hours in it, made all the basic tools & a plaster hut. I dont know... Its interesting but doesn't grab me. Maybe because I am just doing it single player but it seems to me like the game lacks any zest at all. Even when you make a new discovery there doesn't seem to be a sense of achievement.

Am I alone in this?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »
I am having a hard time getting warmed up to this game... I've got about 8 hours in it, made all the basic tools & a plaster hut. I dont know... Its interesting but doesn't grab me. Maybe because I am just doing it single player but it seems to me like the game lacks any zest at all. Even when you make a new discovery there doesn't seem to be a sense of achievement.

Am I alone in this?

Many like to play this single player. However i believe it shines in multiplayer. It can be a very slow paced game. The "zest" you are talking about is introduced when other players are around. Doing their own thing. Sometimes helping and other times hindering. We do not have the DOW server up at the moment. Hopefully that will change soon.

Remember you will get automatic entry into the MMO with a huge map and 1000's of players.

This is one of my favourite titles.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 08:12:15 PM »
Ya this game is much more about the process if playing then some kind of achievement really.
Its not a game that you will get dazzled by its more for those who can put themselves into a sandbox game and create an experience for themselves. At least in singleplayer.

Now all the other things Asid mentioned about MP is true. Its very different but still not a game that is going to raise your heart rate. Not the kind of game.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 09:19:25 PM »
Im not necessarily looking for a game to raise the BP. I guess I was kinda looking for something along the lines of SimCity. Having goals & rewards other then the goal being the reward I guess.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »
Ah ok,  well im not sure if you play other survival games but generally surviving and flourishing in them is kind of the goal and reward :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 09:37:37 PM »
Ah ok,  well im not sure if you play other survival games

What other kind of games are like this?

Are there any hardships to look forward to? Right now the worst thing I have seen is winter. It has not impacted my ability to hunt & forage though.

I am just at the point now where I am starting to smelt copper.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 10:31:35 PM »
Well alot of the hardships come from your games setting and how you limit your skill points.
If you give yourself unlimited skill points then you probably wont run into too much trouble other then when you start to hunt larger more dangerous animals but if you limit your skill points to where you cannot be superman in everything things take a little different turn.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

(Dev News) 17/03/2017 'Beta News and the 'Art' of Fortifications'

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2863
    Last post March 20, 2017, 04:26:41 AM