Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 06/08/16 @ GMT19:00 - Battles of Suomussalmi part 3  (Read 6689 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 06/08/16 @ GMT19:00

Battles of Suomussalmi part 3 by Lumi 

This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

Mission Summary :
Training for end of day being cancelled because of accident that happened moments ago. Rescue party is being assembled, and Dow platoon is going to take part to this emergency rescue operation

Map

Link to paper map of the area

Excerpts of the battalion commander's (HAVOC 6) orders for...BLUEFOR (D.O.W.)

1) SITUATION:

a) Enemy: ~

b) Own:
- Four Patria Sisu XA-180 PCs, and Command vehicle

c) Attachments and detachments: 
- Repair / recovery vehicle and Ambulance at call.
- Border guard Chopper being send to area from Kuusamo to help, ETA 50+ mins

2) MISSION:
Two hours ago, our border patrol helicopter which was on a routine check with thermal camera, reported have seen numerous heat signatures, most apparently from vehicles. Soon after that message we lost contact with the helicopter on both radio and radar.

This chopper was following the usual route from Alavuokki to Kokkovaara and eventually to Mierolaisen aho. Contact was lost somewhere over Alavuokki.

We have many reasons to assume that something else happened rather than just radio communication troubles, the least of which is that Russia has many times trespassed into our territory and harassed our airspace. They are testing our nerves and patience, knowing full well that we don't have much chance to provide evidence of those incursions.

During the last few months the situation has become hot, that is why you are here. We hope that possible conflict can be avoided, but so far the behaviour of our eastern neighbour is making it very difficult. Likewise, because of the financial status of the European Union it is unlikely that we will receive any help from there, unless we can give actual proof of hostile actions towards our forces, inside our borders.

We have reason to believe that our border patrol helicopter saw something critical and was shot down. 

We need proofs

3) EXECUTION:

Intent:
Find that chopper, rescue any survivors, and gather as much evidence as possible, whether it would be photos taken from crash site, parts of possible missiles or other incriminating evidence.

Rescue and bring to safety any survivors and possible evidence

-> The border guard chopper was heading north from Alavuokki towards Kokkovaara when we lost both radio and radar contact with it.

Sergeant Cliff will lead Dog's of war group on this rescue mission

--------

We should have no contacts with any kind of force exxept our own.

In case there is: - Report immebiately and remember return fire only. 

In worst case scenario of hostile contact - get yourself and all men's out of there in one piece as fast as you can.

We have approximately two hours before sunset and we have limited amount of NGV equipment

** Notes **
SB Version: 3.028 64bit
Mission Name: Battles of Suomussalmi part 3
Created by: Lumi
Modified by: Lumi
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: no
Largest command: Vehicle
Smallest command:Crew Position
Mission Duration: 80-180 minutes depending on players and progress.
Minimum number players: 6
Date: Saturday Mission 06/08/16
Time: 19:00 GMT
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak  IP: dow.ts.nfoservers.com or 104.153.105.2:35200 wait in lobby for access to other areas.
Room: Dogs of War

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Completion of at least 1 full tutorial of Leo2A5 or M1A2Sep, preferred also M2A2 and or CV-90.
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.

Dogs Of War Vehicles : (in mission)
Please take your time to Learn at least basics of this vehicle from these links provided, if you don't know it already, so that mission can go smoothly to all.

TPz Fuchs 1A6: Click here

Infantry: Click here

You can just listen if you wish by using Teamspeak. You do NOT need Steel Beasts.
Required:
Teamspeak Download (windows): Click here
Teamspeak  IP: dow.ts.nfoservers.com or 104.153.105.2:35200 wait in lobby for access to other areas.

DOW members, by invite, or request in advance prior to mission.

Our goal is to have the DOW session more immersive and realistic.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 02:58:29 PM by Lumituisku »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Manninglist / Information
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:12 PM »
Information:

This Campaign will use vehicle skin pack from Zipuli, please download and install skins before entering mission to be able to identify enemies from friendly forces. This is necessary because blue and Opfor use many same kind of vehicles

Download from here

Multi-crew mission = Blind vehicles

Only lead vehicle will have NGV equipment.

All vehicles have maps disabled -> Use either paper map or screenshot on another window.

In this mission and similar missions with pc:s

Driver = Driver (will drive, duh)

VC = Vehicle commander / Gunner (Is commander of battle-taxi, responsible of navigating, communicating with squad leader as a support to infantry squad. If need to will use MG-40 or smokes launchers)

SL = Squad leader (Leader of infantry squad, will give commands as well to vehicle. Decides what happens, when and how.)

Manning-list. Begin filling from the 1/1 down to 3/1 and then we will start filling reserve slots

CO (NVG)
Driver   =
CO        = Serceant Cliff - Lumi

1/1 (NVG)
Driver   =John "ladybug" lightow - Renders
VC        =Creighton "smash" Abrams - Cougar - May or may not be coming
SL         = (reserve)

1/2
Driver    = Joe Blogs - Asid
VC         = John "Commando" Matrix - Rotar
SL          = (reserve)

1/4
Driver    = Stanislaw "Stach" Skalski - Lusik
VC         = Antonio "El gamba" Recio - Colebrook
SL          = (reserve)

1/3
Driver    = Mikko Kocula - Stormin
CV         = Neebs - Wilso (I understood he might be coming and would like to take ARV.)
SL          = (reserve)

Visent ARV
Driver    = (reserve)
VC         = (reserve)

-------------------------------------
Not positioned yet

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:24:51 PM by Lumituisku »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Because steelbeast is mainly about the Vehicles well focus on the vehicle positions. I (Cliff) will take care of infantry units.

It would be also great to have person who is willing to be platoon leader (Future Co) taking role as 1/1 V C, and platoon sergeant (future Xo) as 4/1 VC.

Sergeant Cliff will eventually in this campaign focus on commanding infantry units, so platoon leader on future missions will become a lot more independent just like campaign commander on Cougar's campaign.

This particular mission is first mission out in the action. No training this time.

Also this is the area where campaign for the most parts will take place. Atleast at the start. So take good look on it that you will learn kinks of terrain... and that you learn the map as well.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:38:22 AM by Lumituisku »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
bump
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
bump - Seriously.. have you guys even looked at starting post of this topic? I'm really thinking that manning list are waste of time and effort, and starting to feel so from campaign as well.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
I'm in Lumi.

I am undecided as to unit so I did not post. Driver position would be good though.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
I'm in Lumi.

I am undecided as to unit so I did not post. Driver position would be good though.

Thank for replying Asid. You don't have to choose position if you have trouble to choose. I can decide for you. But id really need to know that who are able to come, and able to load the skins for vehicle and able to have and use map dedicated to campaign. We are going to use vehicles that have disable map... so best solution would be that guys would print the map to have in front of them. Instead of swapping between tabs.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rotar

I guess I can take the VC position in 1/1.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
I guess I can take the VC position in 1/1.

*chuckles.*  I was thinking you would pair with Asid...  I dont know why.. but I had that feeling :D 

Rotar.. do you feel that you'd want to be platoon commander for rest of campaign, or maybe minor role such as 2/1?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
ARV posistion please 👍
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
ARV posistion please 👍

I know you love em...  but you'd have to be idle by for most of the mission so Ill place you to some vehicle. I'm pretty sure you are able to command... so maybe 3/1? 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Also as note to everyone. For this campaign I will need some peoples to take up special roles... and they will need special training from me.

One very important being...   Fire observer = FO   Because there is no MAP...  one needs to call artillery by creating and using reference points..   adjusting shooting from reference point to correct place. One has to know how many tubes there are to use and how many batteries.. and of course ammo count of how much there are to use..  (Eventually there will be very little!) So one has to be able to use well timed, and pin point accurate artillery strikes.

Though Essentially...  most important is going to be Campaign Commander (Platoon commander, VC - 1/1). I was thinking that maybe Cougar want's to CO this? At least to point when he dies, then someone else has to step up.

Campaign XO. (Platoon sergeant, VC - 4/1) Because of difficult terrain and missions platoon will often work as two sections. So this is crucial role and can be compared to platoon leaders one.
(will also need spare man to step into this place if platoon sergeant dies. So eventually there would be rotation of 3/4 players in platoon leaders role.)

Engineer...  I think Wilso has already applied to this one... LOL    basically, either engineer or me will create combat edits to map. Mainly... cutting trees from defensive firing sectors...  creating dirt paths, placing boulders to road and so on.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack

Here is map for everyone. Rotar took a high resolution screenshot so now this is actually usable.

Please bear in mind that we will not have maps on vehicles. So you either use map from the printed paper, another tab or another machine such as tabled or phone.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
I may or not be able to make it back in time. Will know more tomorrow maybe

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Renders

i'm In if nothing goes wrong