Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 09/07/16 - Campaign Battles of Suomussalmi part 2  (Read 5739 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 09/07/16 @ GMT19:00

Battles of Suomussalmi part 2 by Lumi 

This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

So for happened
Yesterday, 23th you, dogs of war volunteers arrived to Tank Nut's training camp, and got introduced to your commanding officer - Sergeant Cliff, who is responsible of your training. Right away on first day, after hours of driving trough narrow bumpy roads of Finland you were equipped with standard set of clothing and equipment, including personal weapon, that Finnish army uses. And with no second to rest, put into short, but intensive athletic course training, where not only your physical shape, but as well brains and obedience were briefly tested. Some of you performed well, some less. Though all in all after all the sweat and mud in your foreheads Sergeant was happy enough to give you first feeling to old and rugged training gear at hand.

During driving / commanding training your skills as a driver, and commander. As obedience, both in driving and communication were tested.
- In driving you were tasked to be able to follow, other vehicles, and commanders orders both in forward, and as in reversing blindly with commanders guidance.
- As commander you were expected to dutifully follow what others did, and report your arrivals to turns while in colum formation. And to be able to guide your driver while he reverses vehicle blindly.

After this you were tasked to perform refueling and daily maintenance to all these vehicles. And naturally were more than dead tired after all the traveling. - Near the evening, you were moved to a small rugged building that looked suspiciously much like a school, and that would serve as your quarters during stay in Finland. Not a luxury but good enough...  it was after all 22:00, near midnight already.

April 24th of 2014
After a early wake up on 06:00 AM, you were fed in school restaurant, and then transported back to tank nuts training camps class room to lessons of.

- How to operate Finnish Army vehicle T-55 MBT (T-62)
- Safety regulations in maintenance, and use
- Where all the key components, controls are located to.
- How to use vehicle systems reliability
- How to handle ammunition, load main gun, coax, and how operate weapon and related systems.

In the maintenance halls you had short time able to take good look at these old rugged tanks, and their interiors. To get rough flesh memory of how to actually operate these vehicles.
Shortly after that you were commanded to outdoors as Ural truck was parked next to tanks, and all of you were put into heavy work of lifting and loading live training rounds to these tanks, until ammo boxes in the truck got empty.

Once this demanding task was completed. You were given short break from heavy work and given change to eat refreshing meal from local field kitchen.

Offered menu was Pea-soup, with green peas, pieces of carrots, and little amount of small brown pieces that perhaps could be called meat?

Once meal was eaten you were told to move to field in front of hangars and to wait Sergeant Cliff to arrive, he would be arranging your training for rest of the day. (ACTUAL MISSION will begin from this moment, and is still unknown to you.)

Map
http://infogis.infokartta.fi/infogis-kainuu/index.php?link=hcx3eDCHFa

** Notes **
SB Version: 3.028 64bit
Mission Name: Battles of Suomussalmi part 2
Created by: Lumi
Modified by:
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: no
Largest command: Vehicle
Smallest command:Crew Position
Mission Duration: 80-180 minutes depending on players and progress.
Minimum number players: 6
Date: Saturday Mission 09/07/16
Time: 19:00 GMT
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak  IP: dow.ts.nfoservers.com or 104.153.105.2:35200 wait in lobby for access to other areas.
Room: Dogs of War

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Completion of at least 1 full tutorial of Leo2A5 or M1A2Sep, preferred also M2A2 and or CV-90.
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.

Dogs Of War Vehicles : (in mission)

T-62
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=T-62
http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1570.0.html

Please take your time to Learn at least basics of this vehicle from these links provided, if you don't know it already, so that mission can go smoothly to all.

You can just listen if you wish by using Teamspeak. You do NOT need Steel Beasts.
Required:
Teamspeak Download (windows): http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&type=ts3_windows_client_latest]http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&type=ts3_windows_client_latest]http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&type=ts3_windows_client_latest
Teamspeak  IP: dow.ts.nfoservers.com or 104.153.105.2:35200 wait in lobby for access to other areas.

DOW members, by invite, or request in advance prior to mission.

Our goal is to have the DOW session more immersive and realistic.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Manning list.

Please sign up that I will know how many and who will be participating.

Just reply to this post with message that I know you're in. Nothing fancy needed.

As difference to last time. This time i'm not going to add every ones character (with name) to mission. It was way too complicated. Instead what were going to do is that. During joining process into mission. Im expecting everyone to change their in game name, to character name in "Join network session" Window.

Sincerely ~ Lumi

Participating.

Sergeant Cliff         = Lumi
-----------------------------------------
Joe Blogs                = Asid
Neebs                      =Wilso
Don Qujote             =Don
Ellis Duckworth     = Connaught
Mikko Kocula         =Stormin
Creighton Abrams =Cougar

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:29:48 AM by Lumituisku »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
I'm in :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
I'm in
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Joe Blogs  for me :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
Ill try to be there: Don Quijote
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Connaugh

• Member.
Ellis Duckworth will be there.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
I added Stormin to list as he replied to other topic.

I still need to know about many other of you guys.

This is important that we get Manning list done properly that I will be able to place correct amount of vehicles, ammunition and targets for training. Also that sergeant Cliff will be able to plan how you guys will be divided to each vehicle and to what positions.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
I am in, and look forward to more extensive training/operations in the future soon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
Unfortunatly I can not make it again... Ill shure be there next week...

Sorry,

Don
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you will make it to next one.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Good mission Lumi. Lots of variety :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Good mission Lumi. Lots of variety :)

Merf...  I'm not happy. I need to do these better..  way better. And way more often. That you get used to. We need a lot more training...  I see lot need for something such as Havoc... and lot need for myself to learn things as well. 

Oh well...  we will get better.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 23/12/18 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 4
    Views: 2674
    Last post December 24, 2018, 12:03:12 AM
    by Asid
    D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Open Mission 26/04/20 @ GMT18:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 5
    Views: 2621
    Last post April 28, 2020, 12:38:55 AM