Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 07/02/15  (Read 10438 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 07/02/15
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:30:48 AM »
D.O.W. Saturday Mission 07/02/15 @ GMT21:00

You can watch it live.  You do NOT need Steel Beasts. http://www.twitch.tv/dogsofwarvu

D.O.W. The Russian invasion by Assassin7
This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

Mission Summary :
US forces have been deployed to Poland for war games and training for such an event of an invasion. The Command intent is to help prevent an invasion at all costs and to provide assistance to Ukrainian forces if needed. Dogs of War Company is assigned as a quick reaction force to cross the Ukrainian Border and provide a Hasty Defense. 

Map

Excerpts of the battalion commander's orders for...BLUEFOR (D.O.W.)

1) SITUATION:

a) Enemy:
                       Russia has had its eye on Ukraine for many years. Border skirmishes have increased. Tensions are rising. There is a definite escalation in hostilities. It is not full out war. Yet!

A few days ago, Russian Scouts were caught in the town of Horodkivka. They were taken to HQ for interrogation. One of the Scouts revealed that an all-out invasion on Ukraine was imminent…He was talking days!

b) Own:
                      US forces have been deployed to Poland for war games and training for such an event of an invasion. The Command intent is to help prevent an invasion at all costs and to provide assistance to Ukrainian forces if needed. Dogs of War Company is assigned as a quick reaction force to cross the Ukrainian Border and provide a Hasty Defense. 

c) Attachments and detachments:

Dogs of War Company:

Alpha: 2 platoons of M1A2 SEP's
                               2 platoons of Leopard 2A5A1's

Bravo: 2 platoons of M2A2's TOWs with missile teams/Javelins
                                2 platoons of CV90/35-NL's with missiles teams/Spikes

Charlie:  Support- Resupply, Fuel, Medics, Mechanics

Delta: 4 AH-64 Apache's
                                2 CH-47 Chinooks
                                2 UH-60 Blackhawks
                               With Missile teams/Javelins

Other Support elements:

82 Airborne with CH-47's, Apaches, Missile Teams/Javelins

F-16 support with 500 lb Bombs

Papa: 3 platoons of M109's ( HE, HE with Smoke, ICM)

Polish elements:

Alpha: 3 platoons of Leopard 2A4's

Ukrainian elements:

8 Platoons of T-80U

3 Platoons of T-72B's

2 Platoons of T-64B's

2) MISSION:

Dogs of War Company is to provide a quick reaction force to support Ukrainian Forces by moving eastward into Ukraine and setting up a hasty defense to engage and destroy all enemy elements encountered.

3) EXECUTION:

Dogs of War Company will hold position and await orders from Black 6 to move eastward into planned defensive battle positions.

** Notes **
SB Version: 3.025 32bit
Mission Name: D.O.W. The russian invasion
Created by: Assassin7
Modified by: N/A
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: Yes
Largest command: Battalion
Smallest command:Crew Position
Mission Duration: 120 minutes
Minimum number players: 3
Date: Saturday Mission 07/02/15
Time: 21:00 GMT
Time (local): http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150207T21&p0=1340&msg=DOW+Saturday+Steel+Beasts+Meeting&csz=1
Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987
Room: Dogs of War

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Completion of at least 1 full tutorial of Leo2A5 or M1A2Sep.
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.

Dogs Of War Vehicles : (in mission)

M1A2(SEP): Main Battle Tank
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M1A2_%28SEP%29

Leopard 2A5: Main Battle Tank
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Leopard_2A5

M2A2(ODS): Infantry Fighting Vehicle
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M2A2

CV 90/35: : Infantry Fighting Vehicle
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=CV_90/35-DK

AH-64 Apache: : Attack Helicopter
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=AH-64_Apache

CH-47 Chinook: : Transport Helicopter
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=CH-47_Chinook

UH-60 Blackhawk: : multi-role military helicopter
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=UH-60_Blackhawk

You can just listen if you wish by using Teamspeak. You do NOT need Steel Beasts.
Required:
Teamspeak Download (windows): http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&type=ts3_windows_client_latest
Teamspeak  IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987

All Welcome

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:02:51 AM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 07/02/15
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 02:19:32 PM »
Great looking mission from Assasin! Looks all great so far. Im exited to be able to try this out. :)

Heh, I will definitely be playing on CV9035. A platoon perhaps?

I wonder if it will go to situation where Asid is on Brads and Im on CV:s  :D     still quite many units thought. Hmm. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »
Great looking mission from Assasin! Looks all great so far. Im exited to be able to try this out. :)

Heh, I will definitely be playing on CV9035. A platoon perhaps?

I wonder if it will go to situation where Asid is on Brads and Im on CV:s  :D     still quite many units thought. Hmm.

I thought of you Lumi when i saw there was CV90's . I will take the Brads if no one else wants them :D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:04:46 PM »
I thought of you Lumi when i saw there was CV90's . I will take the Brads if no one else wants them :D

Well there is plenty of tank platoons so I think that if someone takes brads you surely can have tank platoon.   :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 07:41:14 PM »
Just couldn't resist...

Could this be the start of a full campaign?  I'm eager to earn my first ribbon 8).

Now, if we are the US forces, how did we get German equipment?  Attachments from someone else or is it not that big a deal?  At least we have about a full strength battalion to deploy (Dogs of War Battalion?).  Going to be a big one  8)

Dunno if I want to be in tanks (M1 SEP), my usual infantry (Brads) or just be HQ support and drop fire as I did last Saturday (54 fire missions if I remember correctly).  Hmm, have to sleep on this one. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:42:59 PM by RedWardancer »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline assassin7

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 03:16:26 AM »
not sure if it will be a campaign, but i have been thinking about continueing the "Battle of the Beasts" missions.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This member is banned!

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »

Just to let you know that yet another storm is coming towards Finland at the moment. This time from north what is unusual. If it is as strong as said to be, I probably will not be able to come online at all. Or at least I will have troubles staying online or I might disappear in middle of battle not being able to come back.

I do hope that it won't be the case but living middle of nothing in countryside causes a lot of trouble with interned and electricity issues especially during storms. (That yet again most of you would just call as mild wind. LOL. But yeah here those winds are storms because it is out of ordinary  ;)

Sincerely ~ Lumi
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »

I do hope that it won't be the case but living middle of nothing in countryside causes a lot of trouble with interned and electricity issues especially during storms. (That yet again most of you would just call as mild wind. LOL. But yeah here those winds are storms because it is out of ordinary  ;)

Oh rat farts!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 03:55:47 AM »
Today's mission was great. I enjoyed it very much and yet again learned more about the simulation. A few observations:

I lost one Apache to enemy SAM, and one to a windmill.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 09:27:31 AM »
LOL  and you still scored nearly half of all kills ;)    well played Beef!

I enjoed this mission greatly as well. I even was in mood to take screenshots at the beginning but I complely forgot that task while I got busy with artillery that was a frequent job for me. I dont even know how many missions I called.. nor how much damage those actually did. I personally feel that it was such of waste off artillery, but I learned to be more careful with it towards end. And to just repeat old artillery strikes at same well proven positions that I just adjusted to be in better place. I will definitely have to learn better as artillery user. I might be doing that in future too. (at least as long as I finally get better net.)  BTW.  How should I understand those coordinates? It was bit difficult to me to get right coords from speech. Next time I will definitely be writing those to paper.

The thing with coords that I was having trouble is..  how were you announcing those. Usually it was 90 something and then 40-50 something. So I assume it was  90  (west east)  and 40-50 (south - north). Sorry Im so bad at these still. It's something I really have to learn about and will focus at coming days. (As is proper use of PC:s such as cv90  and infantry.)  I do know tanks, somehow well but most apparently that certainly is not full picture. 

Also. I really.. I truly enjoyed playing those 88.  I wish I could have had one closer our BPs. So that distance to travel to help, would been less.

I liked how this mission was CO:ed as well. Best feeling I got from the fact that no matter how small thing I had on my mind of ask about, there always came answer and it came fast! Also. It was good thing that I was using chat like that? I wonder did others follow it too? Since im fast at typing I could learn to type there even more small announcements and stuff. 

All in overall I really liked this missions. Thanks for keeping me in. :D

PS..   yeah it was big mission at the moment it felt like my pc was going to crash.  ;D   maybe something smaller next time? haha.  ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 02:37:03 PM »
Today's mission was great. I enjoyed it very much and yet again learned more about the simulation. A few observations:

I lost one Apache to enemy SAM, and one to a windmill.

I have never lost a helo in mission.. cough...rolls eyes...cough... lol. In my defence the ground leapt up..  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:13:48 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 06:03:06 PM »
First trees, and now windmills--these inanimate objects keep leaping into my way.  :D

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »
....  BTW.  How should I understand those coordinates? It was bit difficult to me to get right coords from speech. Next time I will definitely be writing those to paper.

The thing with coords that I was having trouble is..  how were you announcing those. Usually it was 90 something and then 40-50 something. So I assume it was  90  (west east)  and 40-50 (south - north). Sorry Im so bad at these still. It's something I really have to learn about and will focus at coming days. (As is proper use of PC:s such as cv90  and infantry.)  I do know tanks, somehow well but most apparently that certainly is not full picture. 

How map coordinates are given depends on the level of accuracy needed. A 4-digit grid (stated as "9040") refers to a 1000 meter grid square and is best used in referring to a general area and not very good at all for fire support missions. A 6-digit gives you a 100 meter grid square, and the more precise 8-digit gives you 10 meter grid square. Think of them as zoom levels, if you will. It takes a little practice, but with some experience you can look at the map without the aid of a protractor and give a 6-digit coordinate.

"Read right then up" is how the coordinates are read. In the case of a 6-digit coordinate the first three digits are the vertical lines (the east-west coordinates) and the last three are the horizontal lines (the north-south coordinates). For example, 905405 will be halfway between the 90 and 91 vertical lines and also half way between the 40 and 41 horizontal lines.

Here is a link to a Grid Coordinates Study Guide that should hopefully explain it better!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
That sucked
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 08:32:33 PM »
My PC just couldn't handle such a large mission.  Lost connection twice in five minutes.  Even in offline mode, the mission is choppy at best.  Very sorry to Lumi and Cougar who had to spontaneously take over my company.  However, it looks like the mission went well for everyone except for the guy to lost a helo to a guided anti-air windmill.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: That sucked
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 01:09:26 PM »
My PC just couldn't handle such a large mission.  Lost connection twice in five minutes.  Even in offline mode, the mission is choppy at best.  Very sorry to Lumi and Cougar who had to spontaneously take over my company.  However, it looks like the mission went well for everyone except for the guy to lost a helo to a guided anti-air windmill.

Thats not good. I know it's not great but maybe playing in the map view (F5)?.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Missions Ready for Play

Started by Apocalypse31

Replies: 3
    Views: 3106