Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: On the diving gear of the Curse of Oak Island  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
On the diving gear of the Curse of Oak Island
« on: January 06, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »
I know some of you guys watch this show, so here is a bit of my oppinion on the last episode.

As a guy who has talked with salvage divers, I can tell you those divers in the last episode (9) are semiproffesional. Their coms language was okay, but in a case like this (and most other cases)you dive with an umbilical and the air tanks as backup. The umbilical can be disconected by the diver manualy and then the diver can use his tank in case of emergency. Coms and specificaly in a case like this ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE wireless. Wireless comms underwater often have failure and in an enclosed space with so much metal basicaly useless. One case I know of wireless coms (recently). They where used as diver to diver comunication and as backup in case the umbilical snapped and or the diver got stuck. Diving without an umbilical in this case is a masive mistake and also does tell me the guy is a sport diver. Wreckdiving without an umbilical is a very last resort and the stakes need to be very high for a diver to go without an umbilical.

In the last shots, which show parts of the upcoming episode they tell they didnt have comms with the guy down for X minutes. It is unacceptable in a situation like this not to have comms. Next to that they show the seccond diver above the bore hole. Dabbeljoe Thee Efff is that guy doing there if his mate is down. If there is no comms you go after him and pull im back, or, you have to be realy shure his chances of recovery are very close to 0 and sending the seccond guy has a high probability of the seccond guy losing his life.

The other possibility, and very probable, is the fact that this is reality tv. They all made it up... I hate to break it but even the thought of it makes me lose my intrest...

Yes they got me again...

Update,

Rewatched another time, To dangerous to use an umbilical, PFFF, NOT. If you cant go with an umbilical you cant go. thats how simple it is. If the umbilical gets stuck, detach umbilical and resurface. Cant get umbilical lose? Reevaluate dangers and benefits, dive with another umbilical.

Note with the coms how she presses the button. It looks like she presses3 times in a row. The guy uptop can be a 3rd guy. In a case like this you want atleast 2-3 guys on backup.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:38:16 PM by Don_prince »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: On the diving gear of the Curse of Oak Island
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 01:38:27 PM »
These programmes need as many viewers as possible. Therefore the producers throw in things to “entertain” the masses.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Battle of Savo Island 1942: America's Worst Naval Defeat

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2166
    Last post July 22, 2018, 12:56:43 PM
    by Asid
    EC225 - Bevel Gear Vertical Shaft Process

Started by Asid

Views: 2567
    Last post April 20, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
    by Asid
    Sea King Helicopter Gearbox Animation

Started by Asid

Views: 2364
    Last post April 18, 2016, 02:39:28 AM
    by Asid
    LOST (TV SERIES): Recreated Island in Far Cry 5 Map Editor!

Started by Asid

Views: 1917
    Last post May 08, 2018, 11:19:38 AM
    by Asid
    Thermal Camera reveals how your body dumps heat while exercising!

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 1
    Views: 3143
    Last post August 15, 2016, 11:18:08 AM
    by Don_prince