Translations for our friends from around the world...and beyond.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Flight Simulation / Re: Completely new flight sim platform coming
« Last post by Beef on Today at 04:19:22 AM »
Well that's just great. Something else to further splinter and divide the flight sim community.
General Games Discussion / Re: Screenshots
« Last post by Asid on Today at 02:16:49 AM »
Looking good Bud. Thx for posting  :thumbsup
Quote from: Ssnake
The coming update for 4.019 (new terrain engine) will be free.
 This depends a bit on how much there will be, in the end. If the amount of data are too large for making a download impractical - mind you, I don't expect this to happen - we may be forced to offer it as a DVD set, and producing and shipping those DVDs costs money. You COULD convert all the legacy maps by your own for free. But it would take a few days of computing time (like, all CPU cores at full blast for an entire weekend, plus possibly running out of disk space). So, that's not really what we recommend either. So, depending on the practicality a DVD set at the cost of material, shipping & handling (and nothing else) might turn out to be the solution. HOWEVER, I have to repeat that, I expect us to offer the map installer as a separate download, for free.

The contradictions cause the confusion.   :confused
What about the people who purchased the 4.0 based on NO extra costs?

Here in the UK the postage, Customs and tax are significant. So people in the UK and similar situations will looses out.

While I understand the issue. I still cannot understand why the maps cannot be delivered via download. What about a torrent? Other software companies can do it. Why can't esims? Can someone please explain?
Read Ssnake's clarification again. He's saying that there will be a free download of the map installer, with the physical copy of the map installer being the one that isn't free.
General Games Discussion / Re: Screenshots
« Last post by budd on Today at 01:36:36 AM »
Some more Subnautica Screens.

There's a lot of diverse environments to explore under the water.

Jelly Shroom Caves, a cave system about 220 meters down.

Mushroom Forest

Bulb Zone

Alien structure of some sort, i already explored some of it.Thats my one man sub.

Here's some of the Nasties under the water, smaller to large

This thing keeps grabbing my sub

Got my base started.

Multiplayer games & AAR's / Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 23/08/17
« Last post by Asid on Today at 01:10:55 AM »
I am also ready.   :Hammer

Battle list updated 
What about the people who purchased the 4.0 based on NO extra costs?

Here in the UK the postage, Customs and tax are significant. So people in the UK and similar situations will looses out.

While I understand the issue. I still cannot understand why the maps cannot be delivered via download. What about a torrent? Other software companies can do it. Why can't esims? Can someone please explain?
Ssnake has issued a clarification: http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11302-eta-on-terrain-patch/?page=4#comment-174851
It was always intended to be part of the initial 4.0 delivery, but we had to pull it and go back to the drawing board as our initial UI concept for handling the (much larger) map data turned out to be impractical.

What's being discussed right now is how we're making the map data themselves available. This depends a bit on how much there will be, in the end. If the amount of data are too large for making a download impractical - mind you, I don't expect this to happen - we may be forced to offer it as a DVD set, and producing and shipping those DVDs costs money. You COULD convert all the legacy maps by your own for free. But it would take a few days of computing time (like, all CPU cores at full blast for an entire weekend, plus possibly running out of disk space). So, that's not really what we recommend either. So, depending on the practicality a DVD set at the cost of material, shipping & handling (and nothing else) might turn out to be the solution. HOWEVER, I have to repeat that, I expect us to offer the map installer as a separate download, for free.
Much better explanation.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ssnake has issued a clarification: http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11302-eta-on-terrain-patch/?page=4#comment-174851
It was always intended to be part of the initial 4.0 delivery, but we had to pull it and go back to the drawing board as our initial UI concept for handling the (much larger) map data turned out to be impractical.

What's being discussed right now is how we're making the map data themselves available. This depends a bit on how much there will be, in the end. If the amount of data are too large for making a download impractical - mind you, I don't expect this to happen - we may be forced to offer it as a DVD set, and producing and shipping those DVDs costs money. You COULD convert all the legacy maps by your own for free. But it would take a few days of computing time (like, all CPU cores at full blast for an entire weekend, plus possibly running out of disk space). So, that's not really what we recommend either. So, depending on the practicality a DVD set at the cost of material, shipping & handling (and nothing else) might turn out to be the solution. HOWEVER, I have to repeat that, I expect us to offer the map installer as a separate download, for free.
I'm in :howdy :thumbsup :beatings
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10