Translations for our friends around the world.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Games Discussion / Re: Veil of Crows
« Last post by Asid on Today at 04:13:33 PM »
Veil of Crows has left early access! Welcome to Version 1.0 18/10/2018
18 October - MrBungle   

We did it!!

We made it! We did what so many other games never get to do. We smashed our way out of the early access prison!

This could not have happened without your massive support.

Thank you for believing in me!

How far have we come?

Well, see for yourself...

YouTube™ Video: Early access comparison video

Patch notes!

But really, this is what you are here for...

Campaign map

- Attacking a quest party over water no-longer loads a battle in the battle map and treats it as an auto-battle situation.

- Quest tracker arrow now updates correctly when a quest step is completed using an auto-resolve battle.

- Fix for party panel closing when other panels close.

- Prisoner transfer All & None buttons now work.

- An issue where ship sails wouldn't generate their material resolved.

- Newly taken towns will now show when showing village destination.

- Newly taken towns properly have hero units removed.

- Gerr reference no longer being saved as Tegn (Viking units).

- Fixed issue where sometimes a selected party would become unselected (Even though the party is showing as selected).

- Armies now show other hero units in the army.

- Horde invasion no longer triggered as soon as the player has conquered the world. Invasions are set as active and will happen at the appropriate season, or after the world has been played for 150 days.

- Hero agility cap added.

- Small UI glitches fixed.

- At the start of every new campaign, all factions are completely randomized, including unit equipment, names & coat of arms.

Battle scene

- When selecting starting units, peasants are automatically prioritized last.

- Female unarmoured hair/helmet position fixed.

- Holding shift while selecting unit cards won't deselect previously selected units.

- Floating tree removed from the Wolfshall map.

- Heavy axe weakness correctly set to bludgeon instead of arrows.

- Town reinforcement positions updated in lumber town scene.

- Minimum units amount set to 1 (To prevent no units spawning)

Main menu

- Starting condition starting horses updated with new horse types.

- Two new worlds to choose from!

Armoury

- Topless male unit skin now showing correctly.

- Heavy leather legging material replaced.

- Horse price increased.

- Every unit default agility is now the same. Armory items including horses will add or reduce this stat.

- 70 Horse types added. WHAAT!!??

- The ability to upgrade the weapons and equipment of all of your units has been unlocked!

Once again, I am humbled by your support over the last year and a half. You made this happen.

I hope you enjoy the release features as much as I enjoyed making them.

- Kerry Fawdray
Games Discussion / Veil of Crows
« Last post by Asid on Today at 04:10:31 PM »

Veil of crows is a sandbox style real-time strategy game set in a chaotic medieval world. From violent, and overtly bloody battles, to completely destructible castles, RPG style hero development, and meaningful interactions with other factions. Trade, extort, and conquer!

Homepage: Here
Official forum: Here
Steam: Here
YouTube: Here

Single Player

VoCLaunchTrailerMSTR AVAIL WORLD

About

Veil of crows is a sandbox style real-time strategy game set in a chaotic medieval world. From violent, and overtly bloody battles, to completely destructible castles, RPG style hero development, and meaningful interactions with other factions.

Trade, bribe, extort, and destroy your way to world domination! The world of Veil of Crows remains persistent after you die, so your impact will have a lasting effect on the world even after you fail, or start over. Can you conquer the world and take the throne?

Key features:

Epic battles:
* Command large armies in gratuitous bloody conflict.
* Besiege mighty castles with siege engines.
* Take advantage of destructible buildings and walls.
* Every type of unit has strengths and weaknesses.
* Take heed of the current weather, geography and battle conditions

Sandbox:
* A massive sandbox style campaign map that includes more than 75 towns and villages ready to be conquered.
* Complete quests for other lords and village leaders for bounty and improving relations.
* Take your time to explore the world, or take your chances with random encounters.
* Hunt down the bandits who raided your village for resources and prisoners, or destroy their camps to prevent further intrusion.
* Just because you might die, doesn't mean your world dies too. Start again and your former kingdom still remains, however you are just another peasant in a land of corpses.

Four game modes:
* Prologue: Tutorial game... you will have some help along the way.
* Veil of Crows: The main game. You start with a hero and a small group of units. Keep your hero alive and put them on the throne, or die trying. Game-over will result after your hero dies, however, the world will remain as you left it, but you must start as a new character with a new faction.
* Sandbox mode: A casual game mode where you can select your starting conditions.
* Custom Battle: You set the scene! Units, Battle type, Location, Time of day, Current weather, your choice! Battle away!

Manage your faction:
* Six different resource types can be acquired in your villages. You can trade these resources, or use them to upgrade your castles and train stronger units.
* Forge alliances, or threaten and backstab your way to power. Every action you take will change other factions opinions of you.
* Extort and bribe enemy armies in the hope they will leave you alone, desert, or join your forces.

Mighty Heroes:
* Train up mighty heroes and generals to lead your armies and grant bonuses to your towns when granting vassals.
* Visit the armoury and customise your heroes equipment, and watch them carve through your enemies.
* Put your leader on the throne and conquer the world! In the main game, you start by customising the main character. You must keep them alive, and put them on the throne to truly conquer the world. If they die, game over!
Mature Content Description
Veil of crows contains violent medieval warfare.

Units in Veil of crows will show blood on their clothing when they sustain damage. Sometimes the player may see blood squirting or the occasional soldier will lose their head when killed.

The player partakes from a commanding view, and does not swing the sword directly.

Flight Simulation / Re: WINGS OVER THE REICH
« Last post by Asid on Today at 03:41:18 PM »
19 October 2018 Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.5

The latest patch always includes ALL previous updates

Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.5

1) Fixed an issue with the new AP craft engine sounds.

2) Fixed a text display issue in the campaign duty roster interface when the player selects the new 'Never Leads' mode.

Download: here
Flight Simulation / Re: WINGS OVER THE REICH
« Last post by Asid on Today at 03:39:00 PM »
16 October 2018 Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.4

The latest patch always includes ALL previous updates

1) Improved Low level LODs for Heinkel and Hurricane

2) ME109 -
   (1) Fixed typo on Instrument panel, also minor improvements for night instruments.
   (2) Removed Iron Sight view to allow quicker F6 toggle from front view to gunsight.

3) Implemented 'AP' aircraft for player squadron AI craft to have a unique skin if available (see notes below)

4) Hurricane MKIa improved Boost dial anim to show 3lb and 6lb boost. WEP unchanged gives full boost.

5) Aircraft now stop in place correctly when colliding with tall buildings.

6) Ground Object Collisions Revised: The hardness of the ground object that the aircraft is colliding with is now taken into account together with the speed of impact.

7) Damaged Prop Strike sound should no longer play in a loop when craft comes to a halt with prop in contact with ground.

8) Increased the Patrol area from 20km to +-30 km  (to help with AI deciding to land at certain waypoints as opposed to loiter an area etc).

9) Implemented a 'Player Never Leads' option in Workshops.

Notes for point 3 :    Now auto deployed Squadron skins are deployed to player, and a different skin to flight members if available in the Skins folder (…WOTR\OBDWW2 Wings Over The Reich\campaigns\CampaignData\Skins)

Example:  For flight members skin to be auto deployed when you are in the Hurricane they need to be called (using RAF 17 as an example):
Hurricane_MKIa_ AP _RAF 17.dds
Hurricane_MKIa_ AP _RAF 17_damage2.dds  (for damage)
(these will be auto assigned only to player’s flight members.

For player skin to be auto deployed:
Hurricane_MKIa_RAF 17.dds
Hurricane_MKIa_RAF 17_damage2.dds  (for damage)
They can both be different.   We hope to have more skins available in the future.
Other Hurricanes in the theatre will use the default skin.
Note does not give unique skins to all flight members just auto deploys a different skin to the player.

Also you can as a player still choose another custom skin in QC screen (or Campaign stores/‘workshop area, or when in missing briefing)

Games Discussion / Re: Atomic Society
« Last post by Asid on Today at 01:42:20 PM »
48 hours since launch, slowly recovering!
17 October - Far Road Games   

I cannot believe it's only been 2 days since we clicked the magic green button and launched on Steam. I've probably aged a 100 years since then.

We'd been selling the pre-alpha version of this game on our website before, and had found a really nice, little community of players who gave us feedback.

Then we came here.

And we've sold more in the past 2 days than we have over the last 2.5 years put together... That's a lot of feedback to take in!

It'll be a long while until that money gets to us though, so for the time being, we still had to go to work today (while trying not to daydream about AS all day long in a daze). But soon, maybe, we can start hoping about becoming full-time devs. All thanks to the people who have bought and supported us already, even at the very start of our Early Access journey.

Truly, thank you to every single person who has bought the game, even if you hated it and refunded it - you at least took a chance on us. And super special thanks to everybody who took the time to write (polite) feedback, or write us a good review, or just tell their friends about it. And all the streamers who have made vids of the game. We'll watch them all when time allows.

We're not done with this game by a long shot.

If you'd played the pre-alpha a year ago, and then played it today, you'd see a huge difference. Expect a similar huge leap forward to be there 12 months from now as well. That's what we're working towards anyway.

Bugs

Thanks to our players contacting me (this is why Early Access is awesome) we now know of 4 big bugs in the game that we're already working on fixes for.

I'm not sure when that bug-fixing patch will be out, as we don't want to accidentally make new bugs fixing old ones, but we'll update as soon as is realistically possible. Work is being done on them as I write this.

We always focus on serious bugs ahead of gameplay. I used to be a tester many years ago and I can't break old habits. ;)

Thank You To the Helpful Early Access Community

Atomic Society is going to keep existing because of you. I'm going to have to learn how to cope with a much bigger community of post-apocalyptic town builders (who seem to hate vegetarians?!) but hopefully I can work it all out. :)

To be honest, I'm still in a state of mild shock, and I'll cope with it.

Nobody wants this game to better than us, and the vast majority of feedback I react like "Tell me about it!" but I'm also so thrilled that people can have fun with what's there so far.

I'll be in touch regularly on the forums, at least where people can keep their cool, and you'll be hearing a lot from me in future. :)
Games Discussion / Atomic Society
« Last post by Asid on Today at 01:40:40 PM »

Society is dead. So remake it. Build and rule your own post-apocalyptic society. Decide the laws and morals of the survivors. Overcome challenges and threats from the wasteland. What kind of society will you make?

Homepage: Here
Official forum: Here
Steam: Here
YouTube: Here

Single Player

Steam Launch Trailer

About

SOCIETY IS DEAD.

SO REMAKE IT.

What kind of society will you make? After nuclear war destroyed civilization, the time has come to rebuild.

What will you legalize, and what will you forbid?

Run society the way you want, good or bad, and create a successful settlement.

Keep hundreds of survivors alive in a dangerous wasteland where life is always hard.

CURRENT FEATURES (More Will Be Added in Future Updates)

•   CRIME. Citizens who commit crimes and a wide range of social issues as you play.
•   JUDGMENT. Act as judge over a range of social issues including abortion, murder, vegetarianism, drug use, cannibalism, and several other controversial topics.
•   PUNISHMENT. Choose between execute, long or short prison sentences, tolerate and even encourage for all the issues that happen in your town. Be whatever kind of leader you want.
•   BELIEF. Pick what you believe in and share that with others through violence, exile or education so that your laws are listened to.

•   OUTSIDERS. Build defences to keep raiders out of your town for good. Or make deals with them so they won't attack you.
•   CONTROL. Create and name your own leader character. Use this person to help build your town, or explore the world for salvage and special upgrades. Walk around your town.
•   SURVIVE. Starting out with nothing, slowly build a large settlement that can keep hundreds of people fed, watered, healthy, housed and entertained, if you can. Convert ruined houses and offices into useful buildings or loot them for supplies!

OTHER FEATURES

•   Custom difficulty mode lets you tweak the experience to be as brutal or gentle as you like.
•   Play just for fun, as a sandbox simulation, or complete set challenges to build the ultimate settlement.
•   Over 33 types of structure to consider building, each with a unique appearance and use.
•   9 huge, handcrafted environments to try and build a town in ranging from deserts, to tropical islands, to snowy mountains.
•   A large degree of randomisation to make replaying and building a different society challenging and rewarding.
•   Face up to the problems of poor sanitation, plague and how to treat the elderly.

Mature Content Description
Atomic Society involves judging controversial real-life social and political issues, including abortion, sexuality, murder and several others. It also allows players to set laws and punishments in ways some players might find disturbing or offensive, though you are free to build society the way you believe.

IL-2 Sturmovik / IL-2 Dev blog #208
« Last post by Asid on Today at 01:17:07 PM »
Dev blog #208

Hello Everybody,

This week our Executive Producer, Jason Williams, paid a visit to our Moscow studio. Of course, we have many discussions about potential ways of improving the project in the near future and more distant plans. We can't disclose what we're discussing yet, but when we'll be able to tell you we're sure you'll be surprised and amused by the new prospects.

Meanwhile, we continue our current work and can show you some new WIP screenshots. First, the new late WWII German pilot for Bodenplatte:

Second, here are the first in-game Pfalz D.IIIa cockpit shots:

And third, here is a sneak peek from our partners, Digital Forms - these images show the 3D models of the PzKpfw IV Ausf.G and M4A2 "Sherman" powertrains:

Life Is Feudal / LIF:MMO (Dev News #126) Futures Past, Plans and Events
« Last post by Asid on Today at 01:11:48 PM »
(Dev News #126) Futures Past, Plans and Events
19 October

Hey, Feudalists!

This week we have continued polishing our current build version along with working on bigger features for Second Major Update, and have released another small patch that contains fixes for some annoying bugs. You can see the detailed description in the patch notes here

At the beginning of the next week we are planning to fully transfer Iriy (and its battle servers) to the .nix OS servers for better performance (in case you’re wondering what this means, check our previous devblog entry about this), this will require some maintenance, and we will let you know about when it is going to be happening. In addition, we are also working on a patch for LiF:YO - animal sounds should be back with this update, and the grass won’t grow where it is not supposed to. Stay tuned to the updates next week!

Last week the
LiFdamage online event has ended and turned out to be really successful: about 580 have taken part in the event, and the best of the best have received valuable prizes.

We asked MIG, the creator of LiFdamage online, and the person behind this event initiative a couple of questions about his project and plans:

How did the idea of creating a project like lif.damage online appear?

-Frankly, there wasn’t any idea of this in the first place. It just happened on the spot and with a great help of LiF:MMO community. In the beginning the log processor was written in Excel in VBA language. I was happy with that, since my goal was to see how was I performing in battles. So, I shared with with my guild mates, and that’s how it started: ‘Can you please make this thing online? Can you please make it with ratings?’. Soon after the community tuned in, and as the project grew, the new ideas appeared that I have been implementing. This has become a very important part of the game for me.

Have you noticed any tough competition for the first places in the rating during the event? Also, did you get any feedback about the event?

-The toughest competition happened to be on Arenas. There were 3 players going on par during the week, having played like 80 Arena fights, strangely enough, they were 2 berserkers and an archer.
As for the feedback, I am really thankful to everyone for it, I’ve received a lot of gratitude as well as a lot of suggestions and ideas, including how to improve the rating calculation formula to make it more adequate. Not sure if it had something to do with the event, but I’ve also noticed an activity boost, including IBs. It was minimum 3 IBs per day, whilst less happened during the previous week.

Do you have any future plans?

Sure! This week I am finishing working on the new version of lifdagame project. The website structure is going to be totally redone, and the following will be implemented:
- Player’s personal account where they will be able to see their statistics based on the log files uploaded before;
- Guild master’s personal account where they can analyze and assess their combatants’ skills;
- Some smaller features that users are definitely gonna enjoy.

And a classic question from us - what’s your job in LiF:MMO and what do you enjoy doing the most?

-I’m a Blacksmith and a road digger. However, lately I’ve been paying less attention to PvE content of the game, I hope my guildmate from Migelia forgive me for that.

Thanks a lot to everyone who participated!

Speaking of events, let’s travel a bit back to Oktoberfest week, as we'd also like to congratulate Grelt Driftwood from Telmun for his victory in the Oktoberfest Cup! Grelt brewed an astonishing 2,902 (90q+) beer items to secure his position as this year's best brewer. Thank you to everyone who participated, this was a total blast! We hope you enjoyed it as well, please, let us know if you have any requests or ideas for the events, we would like to hear from you! As usual, contact @Paul F on discord, or hit us up in the comments or at team@lifeisfeudal.com

Have a great weekend!

— The team
Life Is Feudal / Re: Server Status
« Last post by Asid on Today at 12:06:37 PM »
Name: Janus Medieval - DoW
Direct IP: 74.91.121.224
PWD: PM me or ask me on TeamSpeak
Server : 24/7

Live Map: https://livemap.feudal.tools/index.php?livemap_id=1331

This server is visible in the LiF:YO Server browser.

In this moment no GM is assigned , when needed we will make a vote for the GM.

I have received several enquiries relating to the server.

This is NOT an official DOW server.

It belongs to Attila. He does all the work, financing and hosting.
General Discussion / Re: War in the East Massive PBEM
« Last post by Asid on Today at 12:03:09 PM »
It is a good idea to have an open discussion. Even with people who do not have the game or have it but do not want to take part. It allows for the sharing of ideas and possible solutions.

:thumbsup
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10