Translations for our friends around the world.

Joining forum

If you have applied to join, please check your email/spam folder for confirmation.

D.O.W Multiplayer

Forum

D.O.W. Twitch channel

pKUWxnW%20-%20Imgur_zps7aj1obwp

Save

D.O.W. Steam Group

D.O.W. YouTube

Recent Posts

TeamSpeak Voice Chat

##############################
Lobby
Dogs of War Vu
Age Of Empires
Arma
TaskForceRadio
Arma Development
D.C.S.
Deep Rock Galactic
Falcon B.M.S.
Farm Simulator
FSX/P3D/X-Plane
DoW Air
Fire Fighter X
Golf Club 2
Graviteam
IL2
Insurgency
Life is Feudal
Naval Action
Racing
Red Storm 2: Vietnam
Scourge of War
Waterloo
Coalition
French
Gettysburg
Confederate
Union
Steel Beasts Pro
Alpha
Bravo
Opfor
Tabletop Simulator
Tornado
Virtual Battle Space
Mission in progress.
Design
World Of Warships
Other games
Radio Control
neXt Heli sim
A.F.K.
Private Meeting.
TSViewer.com

Visitors

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 633

Sunday, December 31, 2017
By: JC
IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz - Bury Me at the Beach

Never been a big fan of the Hurricane, but will not pass a chance to sit in the virtual cockpit of one in the Blitz edition of IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.

Quick mission: jump on a flight of Fiat G50s returning to France. My Hurricane is the one in the background.

This is actually a quick mission (semi-canned premade missions in IL-2), but I am compelled to share it because not even the peculiar ending took away the immersion.

Cast of characters: a flight of 3 Hurricane Is, one with me strapped into the tight cockpit of the sturdy bird. With a top speed of 255 MPH, I am expected to compel the enemy into a turning fight.

Cast of characters II: a flight of Fiat G.50s, with their own problems of maximum airspeed (254 MPH) and range.

After closing in with the unaware Italians, somebody in their flight raises the alarm. They scatter in groups of two, with the acrobatic elegance of airshow performers. From the distance, their flight opens like a vintage ladies' hand fan. They are not trying to impress us but rather to offer us very bad options.

Whatever pair one could chase it would mean trouble. Pursuing the ones that broke...

Read More

0 Comments

Saturday, December 30, 2017
By: JC
Tank Warfare Tunisia 43 El Guettar - M3 GMCs vs. PzIVs

The M3 GMC "Tank Destroyers" played a significant role in the Battle of El Guettar. Armed with a gun designed back in the late 1800's, it took a lot of brave souls to cope against the tanks of the 10th Panzer Division.

I decided to make a little scenario to kick the tires on these M3 GMCs. Despite their awful mobility, limited gun traverse and thin armor, my M3 GMCs managed to bag every single panzer. My boys may have been lucky ... But what a show!

I was quite surprised at these results. I had no intentions to use any finesse in my move to contact (I just wanted to score a couple of hits against the German tanks) and a lot of luck may have played a role.

Anyway, most of the tanks were destroyed because they took damage to the engine, which in turn caught fire. In one case, a partially penetrating round took out 3 crew members.

So many things to consider now that I am to start playing the El Guettar campaign. The mobility of the so-called tank destroyers was exasperatingly low. The gun traverse is slow, but the rate of fire was very impressive. We will have to see this things in action.

Stay tuned.

Read More

0 Comments

Reflecting on 2017 by TFDI

Posted on December 31, 2017 by Collin Biedenkapp

lead programmer at TFDi Design.

Folks,

As we prepare to wrap up 2017, I wanted to take a second to say a few things to the community.

Over the last year, we had one of the most stressful, but rewarding, development cycles weve ever had. Theres no doubt that when the 717 released at the end of 2016, we still had a lot of work to do; a lot more than we realized. The amount of support and patience the community has given us is humbling. In my opinion, weve learned more from the initial missteps, than we would have from a perfect launch. We got an opportunity to learn first hand, what not to do, as much as we learned what to do.

The Community Opt-in Beta has given us insights into how our product is used. As well as the problems users encounter that we never see, and has helped us identify such a wide range of inefficiencies or problems in the system that will help us pave the way for future products. In the years weve been in this market, the Community Opt-in Beta was, by far, the most effective testing method weve had. Although our intent wasnt to launch into a beta, that style of testing method is likely to be part...

Read More

0 Comments
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 633

Nations that have visited us.

Flag Counter