Translations for our friends from around the world...and beyond.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/ars-and-gog-two-great-tastes-that-go-great-together/
You have to make an account at Ars Technica before you can get the game for free.
Schwerpunkt / Re: PBEM opponent finder
« Last post by Lannes on Today at 04:08:57 PM »
Bonjour

I would like to try PBEM with 1.08 ?  (World War II Europe 1939-1945 (WWIIE)) Preferably start off with a small scenario, to test the new features.

I'll play one turn a day generally.
I'm a newbie

Christophe

Tacview / Re: Tacview 1.6.0 official thread
« Last post by Vyrtuoz on Today at 02:22:53 PM »
DCS World exports the IAS only for the local (player) aircraft. AI aircraft do not expose this information.

Maybe the estimated CAS in Tacview, will bring you closer to the IAS for your computations.
Tacview / Re: Short NATO aircraft names for WWII aircraft
« Last post by Vyrtuoz on Today at 02:19:58 PM »
Hello Russ,

I think that the best it to use the ICAO Aircraft Type Designators:
http://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Search.aspx

I have updated my documentation to reflect this.

Note Tacview database does not contains many WWII aircraft yet. I am going to add most of your list soon. Also, if you have 3D models, free of copyright, you would like to share, I will gladly add them in Tacview.

I am curious about your WWII game, can you PM me its name? ;)
Scourge Of War / Re: 4 New players looking to Join a Saturday Group?
« Last post by Tuna on Today at 02:04:57 PM »
If you guys are doing another one this Saturday, let me know would definitely be interested!
General Discussion / Re: I love big cats...
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 09:43:58 AM »
Thanks Frankie - it is indeed a Challenger 2

As for the size difference - there may be a scale issue with one of them. According to Wiki they are both 8.3m long (not including the main armament) and yet the Challenger 2 model is considerably longer.

The width for them is fairly similar and shows in the models - but either the Challenger 2 is too long or the Leo is too short  :facepalm_smiley
« Last post by Frankie on Today at 09:27:31 AM »
Hi Judge Dredd

Very nice Challenger 2 (I assume it's a '2') tank. Look at its size compared to the German big cat! I can't wait to see the Chalenger's interior (bad SB joke here har har).

Regards
Frankie Kam
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 08:27:13 AM »
Thanks Asid. I'll probably get on that tonight

A couple of bad boys on the lookout for some Russian armour (which I don't have - yet)

Tacview / Re: Tacview 1.6.0 official thread
« Last post by VampireNZ on Today at 07:31:18 AM »
Hi - sorry not sure if I should just ask here or start a thread. I am new to Tacview and just purchased it for use with DCS which I am just getting back into with 2.0 and Nevada, awesome software and very useful for analysing your engagements!
I was just woindering if there was any specific reason IAS is not displayed for the enemy aircraft? I have it selected for the tab and it shows for my A/C but nothing for the enemy. I have to enable TAS as well for both and calculate from there.
Multiplayer games & AAR's / Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Monday 24/04/17
« Last post by Beef on Today at 02:43:42 AM »
Yes, great game. Lots of falling down and not getting back up though...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10