Translations for our friends around the world.

Joining forum

If you have applied to join, please check your email/spam folder for confirmation.

D.O.W Multiplayer

Forum

D.O.W. Twitch channel

pKUWxnW%20-%20Imgur_zps7aj1obwp

Save

D.O.W. Steam Group

D.O.W. YouTube

Recent Posts

TeamSpeak Voice Chat

##############################
Lobby
Dogs of War Vu
Age Of Empires
Arma
TaskForceRadio
Arma Development
D.C.S.
Deep Rock Galactic
Falcon B.M.S.
Farm Simulator
FSX/P3D/X-Plane
DoW Air
Fire Fighter X
Golf Club 2
Graviteam
IL2
Insurgency
Life is Feudal
Naval Action
Racing
Red Storm 2: Vietnam
Scourge of War
Waterloo
Coalition
French
Gettysburg
Confederate
Union
Steel Beasts Pro
Alpha
Bravo
Opfor
Tabletop Simulator
Tornado
Virtual Battle Space
Mission in progress.
Design
World Of Warships
Other games
Radio Control
neXt Heli sim
A.F.K.
Private Meeting.
TSViewer.com

Visitors

Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 667

Monday, September 18, 2017
By: JC
CMANO - Making Tactical Decision Aids - The Lua Gag Reel Episode 1

In my previous entry, I praised WarfareSims for their farsighted decision to extend the CMANO's base code with the wide capabilities, simplicity and memory management benefits of the Lua scripting language.

I deeply appreciate the interest that many of you have expressed for knowing how I did put together my tactical decision aid, but I have to confess that I dread that you will be disappointed. I'm no programmer, and I grabbed pieces of code from here and there to put together this Frankenstein project. I apologize in advance, as you may see improper coding techniques and some inconsistencies in the logic of my entire scenario.

Without further ado, here is what I did.

If you remember from my previous post, the sequence of events was:

1. The scenario starts
1. A counter is initialized. This counter keeps track of a series recursive ship vs sub simulation runs
2. Units are added to the scenario
1. The US warship is placed in the center and give a course due south, at flank speed
2. A DPRK sub is placed 50 miles from the US ship and given a patrol area delineated by...

Read More

1 Comment
Epic Approach Mission Pack Available Now - 30% Week-long Discount

ABOUT THIS CONTENT
Put your seatbelts on and prepare for the landing of a lifetime! The first mission pack from the newly-formed mission creation team at Dovetail Games, Epic Approaches is a challenging spin on the traditional mission format.

Choose from five unique locations and work your way up through the rankings, which provide you with a clear path to mastering the approaches. Watch out, though - the harder the level, the more likely unexpected events will occur!

In addition to fifteen missions, Epic Approaches includes two exclusive new liveries for the Piper PA-46 Malibu Mirage and Piper PA-34 Seneca. Also included is a smart new uniform for your in-sim avatars which are used during the missions and is also accessible via the Pro Mission Tool, so you can include it in your own custom scenarios.

Features:
Five approaches each containing three skill levels: Gold, Silver and Bronze
Exclusive liveries for the PA-46 Malibu Mirage and PA-34 Seneca
New uniform for pilot avatars which can be used in the Pro Mission Tool

Steam page

Read More

4 Comments

Saturday, September 16, 2017
By: JC
Steel Beasts ProPE - The Artillery Observer's Job

One thing that Steel Beasts has is that keeps you thinking. The modern mechanized/armored battlefield is lethal and humbling. Learn or be condemned to reload the scenario forever.

An M981 FISTV (Fire Support Team Vehicle) assumes a hull down position to acquire targets and call for indirect fire support.

I had the opportunity to play a coop scenario and was particularly impressed with a young virtual commander's use of a single computer-controlled FISTV.

According to him, the secret is the use of the contextual use of the defense order. I heard about this a time ago, but I only used during the setup/deployment stage. After deployment and when rounds started flying, I consistently forgot about it.
I went straight into the editor and created a simple scenario to try it out.

A FISTV and a M113 PC, facing some unknown danger to their north, just behind that hill.

Besides providing a sector of interest and an orientation, the defend order has also that circle that defines a point of reference that has to be visible to the defending vehicles or troops. In the example above, I'm instructing the FISTV to make sure...

Read More

0 Comments
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 667

Nations that have visited us.

Flag Counter