Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Age of Empires II: HD Edition  (Read 49473 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Age of Empires II: HD Edition
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 04:48:09 PM »
Awesome game last night

•   Cougar
•   Rotar
•   Asid

•   3v3
•   Hardest level
•   Standard AI

I had a walled defence. The enemy, all 3 of them, were at my gates. They pounded hard with everything they had. I held. Then they brought in the explosives guy. He is the guy with a barrel on his shoulder. Whatever he hits explodes.

Cougar came at the right time with his archers...this is what it was like.

I was Aragorn. Cougar was Legolas....  ;D

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:59:56 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 07:52:36 PM »
On sale on Steam

80% - 85% off

All you need to play with us is "Age of Empires II HD". I would recommend the "Forgotten expansion". You can get AOE2 HD + 2 DLC cheap as well (African kingdoms)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

We play this a lot. Great fun
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 06:31:49 PM »
Trebuchet v Castle

courtesy of Rotar

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
Patch 4.7
Hello and long time no see!

We have been looking into a variety of your concerns and with desyncs still affecting some players we wanted to start there. Desyncs have proven difficult to track down so we’ve improved the logging system to provide a wider range of information. This information is key for identifying and fixing these remaining issues.

So we need your help, please select yes on the popup when asked to upload your desync logs.

– details below!

We have also included some other gameplay improvements that will hopefully improve your overall gameplay experience.

Thank you for your ongoing support as we continue to move forward from here.

This discussion thread will be the main thread we monitor.
Improved Desync Logging: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/0/361798516961709784/
The desync logging system has been improved and now logs additional details like player and

game settings:
•   When a player encounters a desync their logs will now include additional game and player state information which is critical in tracking down these problems.
•   Sync logging parameters have also been exposed in a config file (Age2HD/desync-tracking.txt). If you’d like to alter your settings you can open the file in a standard text editor (like notepad) and follow the written instructions. When playing a multiplayer game all users will update their settings to match the host. This will ensure that everyone is running the same parameters.
•   The data collected by these logs is now stored in memory rather than logging to a file (which endlessly grows during gameplay and is very slow). This approach also enables us to only collect the data for the frames in and around the time of the desync.
•   If you encounter memory issues (by increasing the frames for example) the game will automatically reduce the number of frames recorded if memory has become scarce.
•   When a player encounters a desync a file will be generated and saved in the logs folder (Age2HD/Logs). To manage space only the 10 most recent logs will be saved.
•   This file will also be sent to the development team if you select yes on the pop-up when asked to upload their logs. We encourage all users to do this so we can work together in tracking these down

AI Improvements:
•   AI Boar Lures now have better placement. Gathering should now be more efficient and AI hunters should die less frequently when using a Boar Lure.
•   Boar luring villagers should now garrison sooner if they are at low health.
•   sn-home-exploration-time function should now default to 300 (rather than -1)
•   up-drop-resources function now should now work as expected.
•   sn-gather-idle-soldiers-at-center function should now work as expected. When
playing a King of the Hill game the AI should now try to take the center instead of using patrol orders.

General:
•   Farms should no longer appear depleted before they’re empty. Villagers should now correctly gather every last morsel before the depleted sound effects plays.
•   The Save Chapter button has returned! When playing a game with the record game option checked the Save Chapter option will appear in the menu list. The hotkey associated with this action is also functioning.
•   File names within the game should now display special characters correctly when saving and loading (within the game menus).
•   Unit outlines should now display correctly when villagers are obscured by buildings and objects.
•   Water animations now correctly stop when the game is paused to give players a better visual indication that the game is correctly paused.

Other Updates:
•   We are aware of the importance of MP Restore and are actively working towards a long term solution. Due to the complexity of this feature we want to ensure it is stable before pushing out a patch.
•   We’ve recently moved to a new build making process to align with the latest Steam Updates so older patch builds will be unavailable until we can update them. Due to this new process we may not be able to resurrect all of the old builds (specifically the XP branch).
•   Balance updates will also be coming with the next patch. Especially fans of extreme tower wars will need to expand their tactics in the future.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2016, 10:34:30 AM »
Some people are even more obsessed with Age of Empires 2 HD as we are. Take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChzLZJo-SxuPHz-oYKAIC_g

This guy knows a lot and I am learning a lot from his explanations and analasys of games.

If I find time Ill watch some more videos and post some.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »
Don...."Stone please"... "food please"..."Army please"...."wood please"..In fact "everything please"...lolol.

Don get your villagers working...Not just on stone...

Cougar has become a very good player. He can give you some tips  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 12:11:30 PM »
Well one of the video's I saw in the bus on the way back home saturday explained different approach tacktics at the start of the game analysing all of them in a time line. It is quit intresting to see how the AI aproaches it and what the weaknesses of the AI are. If you look at the AI closely you can predict where and how the AI will attack. This guy even has the balls to not even compleatly wall off his area just by knowing the AI wont attack in certain spots...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2016, 02:29:26 PM »
Well one of the video's I saw in the bus on the way back home saturday explained different approach tacktics at the start of the game analysing all of them in a time line. It is quit intresting to see how the AI aproaches it and what the weaknesses of the AI are. If you look at the AI closely you can predict where and how the AI will attack. This guy even has the balls to not even compleatly wall off his area just by knowing the AI wont attack in certain spots...
There are times that I have not walled anything off. A small army, and strategic placement of castles keep them at bay.
It really is all about how you divide your workforce in the beginning. Early food and wood. Middle more food, wood, and have stone. End you need to add gold. At each stage you should have started in the prior one, to have enough when needed. Having better troops through upgrades can allow you to defeat an enemy with less resource needs, but costs you, which can slow development of infrastructure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:18:25 PM by Cougar11 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 02:43:56 PM »
Well one of the video's I saw in the bus on the way back home saturday explained different approach tacktics at the start of the game analysing all of them in a time line.

Don't analyse...Read what Cougar posted above. Overall have fun  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2016, 04:01:51 PM »
For most civs I try to follow this formula. At start put 2 on wood, one build 4 houses. Create villagers till you have 7 new all on sheep, bring 8th over from houses. Once sheep are done, move all 8 to boars. Kill two or three with them right away, and split the 8 between the boar. Continue to create villagers till you have 20-24. Put 2 on stone, 2 on gold, the rest on wood. When boars are done, put all 8 into farms. You should have enough food to go to next level from the boars, so don't spend any food while collecting from them. Once you get to Feudal, create 2 for making walls, and two to create trade and blacksmith. Upgrade mill first, then lumber yard, then town center for wheel barrow.  Then mine. Keep creating villagers as it permits with required upgrades and buildings. You will need a lot of food and wood to do the upgrades and buildings. Make sure you upgrade to castle as soon as you can, and you might want to start building an army. You will need more houses to keep things moving. After that, get a castle or two. I like to have 4-8 villagers on stone, swithering on how many castles I plan to build, or towers. After this it is up to you on your plan, but make sure you get people on gold, as you will need out for university, and military upgrades. Either way, you should be in a decent starting spot.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2016, 04:59:45 PM »
A good number to hit for villagers is between 60-80 roll you have enough resources built up, and your initial army. Then you can cut back to 50-60 to allow for a larger army.
I personally like a well rounded army augmented by special units. This allows for you to turn it large numbers forces. Others like specialized units. But it costs you lots of resources, especially good. This is why it is good to upgrade fully at your castle and blacksmith.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2016, 05:33:42 PM »
So AI tend to do it like this, first thing is a house, first 7 go on sheep. Now the first sheep you put INTO the town center while you put your scout to find sheep. We usualy work without fog of war but in case we would work with it you could use the sheep aswell to scout terrain and find more sheep. This is where you get advantage over AI which is important if you want to beat the AI on hardest. Next 12 go on wood then farms and wood and build.

Due to the mathematics and mechanics of the game this seems to be the quickest way.

The rest is ovious. What I dont like about this is that this needs a lot of concentration and micromanaging. I like to lay back play age of empires to relax and not go full retard on my mouse.

HOWEVER

I sometimes use a different tacktic. (DERP I always use this one, sorry brainfart)

This tactic requires to get to the feudal age as quickly as possible to wall off all areas. This will slow down progression a lot but usualy I have 4 layers of wall up before you guys even have started. I am the master wallbuilder. I like building up massive defences before thinking of a war plan. I will make screenshots sometime of when I play on my own. I build massive wall and tower structures...

A few pages back you can see a wall I build between me and Rotar. Rotar was nearly done for and I was fearing the worst. Me beeing me oviously had no army and was worried he was not going to hold them off. Asid had an army and saved the day. I like the approach of first building big defences I can just build and have no maintenance to.

The most handy thing is to build your walls in a funnel. Then put about 6 rows of 10 towers next to it and leave it open. The AI will keep going and you will scred them. This is the tactic I love most in age of empires. However doing a 15 hour game (thats what it takes me if I wall of my entire area and attack bit by bit) or 5 if everyone works together is quit a challenge over the internet...

In this way I can beat the game on hard on my own with a few AI with me. Wall off. Build big defences. Build big army. Gain a bit of land and lose entire army while walling of the gained area and building up new defences. Relocate barracks siege workshop and other buildings and repeat. That is in my oppinion the coolest way to play AoE...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:40:42 PM by Don_prince »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »
As I said, master wall builder, just a reminder:

JUpp this was one for in the history books... Fierce wallbuiding... What can you say? Well I was passionate...

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2016, 06:35:57 PM »
Rotar, Asid, and myself usually play on hard with a mix of new and old AI. We play on random maps. Many times, we don't build any walls when the map requires us to fully enclosed.. We now feel it is too easy on black forest. I can beat two moderate AI on my own, or one hard on black forest.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:20:32 PM by Cougar11 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2016, 08:04:28 PM »
Patch 4.8 Open Beta is here!
6 NOVEMBER   

New performance improvements are here for Age II HD! We've added MP restore, performance improvements, and desync fixes, so you get a better, smoother Age II experience than ever before! Access the beta branch to test out the changes by following the directions in the link below:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/0/282992646965925735/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Started by Asid

Replies: 60