Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Age of Empires II: HD Edition  (Read 49479 times)

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
Re: Age of Empires II: HD Edition
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 12:49:55 AM »
Me and asid had an awsome session today, we where on black forest on moderate, barely holding on. Me on the Portugese, Asid on the Britons. In the end we got the upper hand. I think the blame for that was on recourses. The enemy was not capable to keep the waves of attack strong. they breached on my side and with help from Asid we cleared it. Near my area was a bottle neck. I was to late with the bombard towers. that was the reason of the breach. after we won the terrain back I builded a wall of bombard towers keeping the enemy out of my area. in between waves I averaged 4-5 towers that had to be rebuild out of the 20 in the area after the bottle neck the area was open. this created the problem of the enemy comming from all sides. I was fighting my recourses to keep a bit of an army and the towers and my team of canons and organ guns up.

Asid was capable of keeping the wall with sustainable losses. For me it was wave after wave, defend, repair, offend, defend repair offend and so on. unfortunatly the screencapture I had of the massive towers, canons, organ guns, trebuchets vs a masive uncountable army showed the desktop instead of the game... (facepalm)

This was an awsome game...

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 08:56:10 PM »
Me and asid had an awsome session today, we where on black forest on moderate, barely holding on.

This was an awsome game...

I killed 2500

I lost 2100

I had to plug the gap somehow....  ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 10:45:03 AM »
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/47mxt2le6ksj09m/AACkLpJXuWE1MZjaIPQ6Qpnna?dl=0

I cant get them organised on photobucket,

And they are to many anyway.

Pictures of last game with:

Asid
Hofstadter
Rotar

Don on spectator

Evaluation, It was fun to see similaritys between the AI and the 3 players in startup. A total different approach from what I use, and jet all 3 players and AI used the same startup tactic. Due to the dificulty level two of the AI where not quick in progressing. I would have been more agressive with the walls. There where 2 spots which could have been closed of at an early stage of the game and one where the treeline was thin.

At an early stage Hofstadter blew up the monestary's of the game's "Monkeystan" which made the game a piece of cake. Also fun to see Hofstadter with a force quick in the game. Colebook also has that tactic. Especialy me and in lesser nuance Asid and Rotar start of with building up resouces and strong defences and later on start thinking of an attack force.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 03:06:31 PM »
This was a good mission. We played it at a lower difficulty level than usual to let Hof find his bearings again as he hadn’t played it for many years…He found his feet fast!

Good job Hof.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 09:47:12 AM »
Patch 4.6 Hotfix #1 (4.6.892499)

Hotfix #1
10/02/16

•   Solves the "lumberjack flare" desync. This was the desync that has been plaguing games for the past couple weeks and triggering in 7.7% of all games. It was caused by specifically playing a team game. Using flares would corrupt objects 1-8 depending one which player triggered it. Objects 1-8 were almost always trees along the NW edge of the map. If player 3 triggered a flare, it would corrupt tree with id 3, making it no longer selectable for members that saw that flare. Once the tree was chosen by a lumberjack, the desync would happen.
•   Fixed occasional crash when changing players while watching a replay.
•   Possible blind fix for people that can't launch the game.
•   Bonus damage vs camels fixed (Kamayuks, Eagles, and Chieftains tech).
•   Replays that desync no longer ask to upload desync report. Also replays now allow a desynced replay to continue, allowing you to proceed or quit at your leisure. Note that whenever dat files change, certain replays can break. So games involving Eagles/Kamayuks and fighting camels would desync.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »
Age of Empires II HD

80% off = £2.99

Ends 12 Feb

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

The DOW have a lively group that play this online co-op against the AI. Join in :)

We also use "The Forgotten Expansion" http://store.steampowered.com/app/239550/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:48:48 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 11:40:25 AM »
Don, Rotar and I have played some great mp sessions recently. There have been victories and there have been....withdrawals ::) .

we play on "advanced AI" Moderate difficulty. It can be very challenging. The battles have been very tactical. Some looked lost but we hung in there and defeated the enemy. Many a time there would be wave after wave....Many a time we would be besieged. Just like Minas Tirith or Helms Deep....

Many a time we have been the victor.

Come and join us. You will not be disappointed. This is very easy to get into.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 10:23:01 PM »
We played a 4v4 game today. 4 DOW v 4 enemy AI

Team DOW
•   Don
•   Rotar
•   Asid
•   Attila

Team AI
4 mean and angry advanced AI set on Moderate difficulty.

We had a bad start. Rotar and I both had the enemy on our doorstep’s. They were massing troops from the get go...There was a 45 minute treaty in place though......

After the 45 minutes had expired the enemy viciously attacked Rotar and I. We held on...No rage quitting from Rotar ;)

We managed to repel the attackers. we built up. We opened the gates. Rotar in the north and me in the south with Don....I broke through and was instantly met with a large combined force of 2 enemy players. I was not there for a picnic. I pushed hard. Out pops Attila with his "crazy villagers". He confused the enemy.

We pushed hard. Us in the south and Rotar in the North. One by one the enemy fell. Until the final aggressor was caught in a pincer movement.

We were victorious. Well done guys
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 01:37:19 PM »
We continue to play this regularly.

We play Coop against the AI. This game is easy to learn. However you will need your wits about you as well as your tactical prowess and cunning.

Lots of fun and can be purchased very cheaply.

Join us :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »
AOE2 session with DOW on 02 May 2016

Map: BF
4 v 4: 4 humans + 4 AI
Players: Beef, Rotar, Don & Asid
Difficulty: Moderate (Advanced AI)
Duration: 3hrs 30 mins
Outcome: Victory

Within a short time of starting i realised the enemy was very close. I started to block off. Very soon after, Rotar started to get attacked. He was on the other side of the map. Could he be any farther away? I rushed to his aid. He had a thick wall. There were at least 2 of the 4 AI battering on it. Later this changed to 3. They had many war wagons and archers. I realised if Rotar fell this early on then we would really be up against it.

The enemy battered down Rotars wall. At the same time he ran short of gold. His largest mine was right next to the wall! I started to finance him. I sent most of my troops to the hot spot and started to build barracks there to cut the travel time. I knew this was the place where the pain would come and it came. Wave after wave. Then enemy revealed its trebuchets! Rotar and I held on.

It was shortly after the above that i noticed the enemy had amassed on my border with a very large army. What to do? Beef. I asked Beef to take care of the area and "handle" it. Poor Beef. He hadn't played in ages. I managed to hold off the enemy in the north with a small militia with the aid of a couple of well-placed trebuchets. My walling off had paid for itself.

The pressure stared to mount in the south. Rotar and I were buckling. We called for Beef and Don to aid us. Beef had an army. He was ready. Don started to create walls.....Only Don knows why lololol. Beef arrived in the nick of time. We held.

We concentrated our combined firepower and broke through. However the enemy had started to produce Onagers (large mobile catapults)! The casualties were high. Very high. I was effectively the "plug" to stop the enemy coming in to Rotars lands.

I broke through! I took a defensive stance. Forest at my back. Enemy to the front. I called for reinforcements. The call was answered. We were getting somewhere. At last. Wait. No. What is that? A huge army of mixed units countered us. Our troops were annihilated.

We regrouped and pushed forward again. However the same happened. The enemy was just to strong. We composed ourselves. We resupplied and rebuilt. I started to finance the war effort more and more with my gold. Beef and Don created mobile cannons while Rotar and I created units to protect them. We pushed. Yes it started to work. Progress was slow. The enemy was powerful. We wanted this victory. It was back and forth for what seemed like an eternity. Our economies were struggling. We were struggling. With the aid of the canons and some trebuchets we started to demolish the first enemy. Eventually he fell.

The war was not over. We had to be careful and not push too hard. There were many surprises in wait. However we overcame. We were victorious.

1000's of troops fell on both sides. Many buildings were destroyed. This was an epic battle. We overcame it with teamwork and tactics...My gold helped also :p . Overall it was an immersive and fun team game. Well done guys. Especially Beef.

There will be many more tails of valour. Join us.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 11:50:10 PM »
JUpp this was one for in the history books... Fierce wallbuiding... What can you say? Well I was passionate...

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 01:42:39 AM »
Thanks for the post Asid. An excellent accounting of the most epic battle for me thus far in my limited Age of Empires HD experience. Fortunately for me I was able to build up my infrastructure in peace while you, Rotar, and Don bloodied the enemies nose and held them at bay. It certainly was a pitched battle and we reached the culminating point two times before ultimately defeating the enemy. I think the timing of our attacks, based on our logistics build-ups prior to the counter attacks were not synchronized at first. As you say, with the canon units working with the infantry units our combined efforts won the day. To be fair, I had to go AFK two times during the battle which I'm sure was not helpful.

I look forward to more!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 02:13:53 AM »
It's all about teamwork :)

This is a very fun game
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2016, 02:12:15 PM »
Great session last night with Cougar, Rotar and I. 3v3. Humans V AI

First game was on standard difficulty with advanced AI. No issues.

Second game, which lasted over 3 hours. Was on moderate difficulty.

Cougar got attacked very early on. Rotar sprang to his defence but it looked bad. I managed to get some troops there in time and we held them back. Cougar built a wall but it was relentless! The enemy wanted what Cougar had. They would not give up. We held them back. However this cost Cougar. He could not advance because he was constantly fighting. I ramped up my economy and started to supply the materials and finances.

We could not break out of our strongholds. It was at this time that I thought we should break out in the centre where Rotar was. The enemy were only poking at the walls there. That decision cost me many lives. Over 500. The enemy realised what we were doing and hit us with full force. I told my comrades that the wall was about to fall. They sent reinforcements. The enemy destroyed them! It took all my planning and energy, not to mention my gold, just to keep them out. We needed another front.

Cougar and Rotar managed to break out in Cougars area. They pushed the enemy back. It was slow and painful. I mustered all of my men and pigs  ;D . I started to push in the centre. It worked. I started to gain ground!. One by one the enemy fell. We were victorious.

This was an epic battle. 3+ hours. Very tactical and teamwork saved the day. Special mention for Cougar. This was his second online game. He did very well.

Great fun for all. Why not join us?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 05:25:22 PM »
Another great MP session with Cougar and I.

Lets get a game going with as many players as possible :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Started by Asid

Replies: 60
    Views: 30141