Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Home of Wargamers week  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Home of Wargamers week
« on: October 09, 2022, 03:34:03 PM »
Home of Wargamers week
Published on October 07, 2022

Wargaming celebration

Next week is a big week for hexes and counters. When, in 2010, Slitherine acquired Matrix Games, the gaming world was different; we didn't have a Steam presence, and we had to be very protective with prices and discounts. Finding a new development partner specialized in wargames was still a frequent possibility. We are now here, twelve years later, ready to celebrate wargames in a series of dedicated live streams on twitch, with deep discounts and promotions, and the hope that the development community notices how vibrant and lively this fantastic hobby is.

This will be next week's Twitch schedule

Slitherine/Matrix Twitch channel

There is something for everyone

The event will feature never-seen-before footage for Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm, Command Falklands, and War in the East 2 Steel Inferno. There will be interviews, the first showing of Rule the Waves 3, news about the future of Combat Mission and Shadow Empire, and more. We've got promos and discounts across multiple stores, interviews, chats, and social media posts. There is something for everyone who’s got a passing interest in the genre and a whole week of happenings for the ones who want to follow everything. We are eager to re-position the Home of Wargames brand so that it genuinely feels like a place to share a passion and discuss it with friends. We’ll keep investing in the hobby, it is our responsibility as market leaders, and it’s also an ongoing mission for both the company’s founders and the new members.

The live event schedule

A satisfying passion

Next week is a celebration, but it's also our message to anyone willing to take on the challenge of learning and loving these types of games. It's undoubtedly not low-hanging fruit; we know it requires patience and interest, time to focus, and disposition. Nevertheless, we can guarantee it's one of the most satisfying passions you could dream of. The sense of achievement in victory, the fulfillment when choosing a good move and the openness and courtesy of the community are rare on today's internet. When I started playing with steam trains, I had only a light interest in the topic. It slowly grew into a profound passion, thanks to a community of hobbyists that welcomed me intending to help me find my place. It’s with the same hope that we keep nurturing this place to make it comfortable for every wargamer looking for a home.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 08/09/17

Started by Asid

Replies: 11
    Views: 4702