Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: (off topic) Note to Ron  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Agent Smith

• ex-wargamer.com -schwerpunkt fanboy
(off topic) Note to Ron
« on: August 18, 2022, 10:55:54 AM »
Good luck with Artemis.
Can't wait to see the moonshot!
 :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted Thanks:
Mere Nick,schwerpt,

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
Re: (off topic) Note to Ron
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 12:36:46 AM »
Hello everyone,

Hope all are doing well.  I have not made as much progress as I would have liked, but my day job has taken priority.
I have finish #72, which leaves #81, #88 and #95 to complete before release of v1.0.12.  These later East Front Campaign scenarios are large with lots of units, which take longer to build.

Was thinking about adding code to allow the player to select ArmyGroup/Front or Army or Corps to be displayed, instead of just all HQ units.  What do you guys think?

As you know, the Artemis I launch was scrubbed on Monday.  Next attempt is planned for Saturday at 1:17 PM CDT.  I host a launch party and answer questions at a local bar in Surfside Beach Texas called Sharkies.  We had about 30 people there on Monday, and expect more this Saturday.  But... there is a storm in the Atlantic that might cause a delay.  If we miss September 2nd, then we have only one more launch time on September 25 in Launch window LP25.  Otherwise, we move to Launch Window LP26 later in September.  I am very excited about this launch, as i have spent the last 7 years of my work life working on this mission.

Go Artemis, and Go Schwerpunkt!
Ron

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Members reacted informative:
Asid,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,Agent Smith,Franciscus,Zovs,

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:40:38 PM »
This thread started out with a discussion on the Artemis I moon mission.  Mission is going well, with the November 16th launch.  Closest fly by the moon (80 miles) was this morning.  We loop around the moon, the Orion does a Trans Earth Injection (TEI) burn and heads home.   We learned a few things on this mission, and will incorporate these lessons learned for Artemis II.  Artemis II will perform the same mission with crew onboard.  Artemis III has a lander, and we go back to the surface of the moon.  subsequent Artemis missions will allow us to not only go back to the moon, but to stay, this time to stay.   We are also working on leveraging this capability to go to the next goal, which is Mars!

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted Thanks:
Mere Nick,

Offline Mere Nick

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 03:08:28 PM »
That is way cool.  It would be interesting to see all the the gear that is being sent that would allow a permanent presence.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Agent Smith

• ex-wargamer.com -schwerpunkt fanboy
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 09:24:07 PM »
Well done Ron.
You and all the team at NASA