Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Steel Beasts Wednesday Mission 03/11/21 @ GMT18:00  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
D.O.W. Steel Beasts Wednesday Mission 03/11/21 @ GMT18:00
« on: November 03, 2021, 03:52:24 PM »
D.O.W. Steel Beasts Wednesday Mission 03/11/21 @ GMT18:00

This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

BR_mission6_krause by Zipuli (modified by krause)

BRAVE RIFLES
Mission 6

Helpsen, June 15th 1988, 0910hrs. 1st Squadron CO meets with Apache CO, BANDIT and DRAGON XOs (as the COs are KIA):

"Gentlemen,

It's the calm before the storm. From what we know, it looks like we managed to give Ivan a hell of a bloody nose, and they have stopped trying to attack us on the move. Instead, our intel says they have been massing artillery units east of Stadthagen, and moving fresh units from the BTR Regiments and Tank Regiment to the area around Stadthagen. You have propably heard all that engine noise coming from that direction. We estimate the enemy attack will commence in a few hours time.

From what we know, the enemy will most likely use massive rolling barrages to sweep our suspected and known defence positions, with Hinds attacking first units in depth and then providing close support to the enemy attacking ground troops. Under the cover of this mayhem, they will move the attacking units closer... and once the barrage lifts, it'll be one hell of a steamroller coming our way!

In Crazyhorse's sector south of us the enemy seems to have passified after they took out the battalion size force advancing there. The enemy is expected to hold the river crossings and the area of Bad Eilsen-Buchholz stubbornly. We suspect this is a flank guard force for them, so they won't send in much more units there, but rather our way.

As you know our Squadron needs to be repairing and rearming ferociously, while covering 3rd SQN deployment west of us, around Röcke - Bückeburg -area. "Thunder" (3rd Squadron callsign) should be ready in about an hour, we hope, to take on the attacking enemy - and to hold it back. Our Squadron will delay and fight untill "Thunder" is ready and then we'll wihdraw south covered by our C Troop, who is attacking east to take Krainhagen - Rolfshagen -line! Our border with "Thunder" is Rusbend - Achum -line. The withdraw routes are:
Withdraw route Whiskey: Ahnsen - Bad Eilsen
Withdraw route Bourbon: Obernkirchen - Buchholz

My intent is following:
1. We will hold the right flank at Nienstädt, while the units in the left will withdraw under pressure, preserving force, south towards the withdraw routes. This should effectively canalize the enemy "flow" towards "Thunder's" killzone north of the main rail line.
2. With the enemy between "Thunder's" fire and ours, we will withdraw to Ahnsen - Krainhagen -line, and from those flanking fire positions we will deal as much damage to the enemy we can while keeping casualties at minimum.
3. Supported by a FASCAM strike and C Troop, we will withdraw to Luhden - Heessen - Buchholz area, where we will continue rearming, repairing and evacuation of casualties.
4. We prepare to
1) counter-attack north if "Thunder" cannot hold the line
2) attack east along E30 to penetrate into the enemy main force left flank

Mission to units:
Crazyhorse Troop will attack east along and north of E30, destroy any enemy units encountered, and establish Blocking/Supporting positions Kilo, Romeo and Lima (marked on your tactical map). The attack began 0900hrs. After reaching the BPs, recon east along and north of E30 to find any further enemy units in our AOR.

Apache Troop, you will hold the left flank at Helpsen and withdraw as the first unit to the withdraw route ordered at the time. From there you will support the other units as they pull back. Then prepare to withdraw to Buchholz.

Bandit Troop will hold the right flank at town of Nienstädt untill Apache and Dragon are south of them. Then Bandit will withdraw straight to Luhden.

Dragon Company will hold Südhorsten and join Apache when they withdraw. Stay with Apache untill they move to Buchholz. You will stop at Heessen.

King Battery is relocating to Kleinenbremen as we speak.

Support:
King Battery will support us, Bandit has 1st priority, Apache the 2nd. "Longknife" will support us with "Nomad's" AH-1 Cobras. They will be used mainly to quick recon flights, as the enemy air defences here are very strong, even with all those burning Tunguskas in front of Bandit. They will have radio comms with us and also provide vital enemy intel! Other than that a West German MARS -unit (MLRS for us yanks) is ready to fire AT-2 minefields to 1) Nienstädt and 2) Ahnsen - Southern edge of Obernkirchen -line. This should canalize the enemy main forces away from us! There are also 2 ICM missions from the MARS battery, TRPs on map. The MARS Battery callsign is "PEITSCHE".

"Muleskinner" is working hard to support the fixing of your damaged callsigns, but as you know, we have so many casualties to take care of, that there is not many people to spare. They will set up repairing facilities in Luhden once Crazyhorse has moved past the area.

QUESTIONS?

Some instructions...
-When the enemy barrage starts, don't stubbornly hold the positions you are at, try to avoid getting hit by the hammer. Once the enemy barrage moves by, you may be able to regain positions, but watch out, the enemy may move close behind the rolling barrage!
-Don't risk getting into knifefights with the Ruskies, keep your distance and pull back quickly in bounds, inflicting casualties and calling down arty on the enemy.
-Evacuate all immobilized vehicles quickly to EXIT AREA, from where Muleskinner's M88s will tow them to Luhden... - or destroy them if you are out of time to evaquate..."

Visibility is 2500m, thanks to all the smoke lingering from previous engagements...

TRIGGERS:
- TRIGGERS 1 & 2: Call in the German MLRS ICM fire missions to the marked locations on map.
- TRIGGERS 3 & 4: Call in the MARS AT-2 (FASCAM) fire missions to the marked locations on map.

MISSION WILL END WHEN:
- All operational friendly units have reached the EXIT AREA
- Mission time limit 90 minutes is reached
- TRIGGER 10 is used to manually end the mission

The video AAR of this mission, played in Feb 2011 by PE community members, is available in YOUTUBE, under name BRAVE RIFLES Part III. We didn't do that well, see if you can outperform! ;-)

Dogs Of War Vehicles: (in mission)

M1A1 (HA): Click here

M3A2 (ODS): Click here

** Notes **
SB Version: 4.267
Mission Name: BR_mission6_krause
Created by: Zipuli
Available at: https://www.steelbeasts.com/files/file/2992-brave-rifles-updated-for-4xx/
Modified by: krause
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: Yes
Largest command: Battalion
Smallest command: Crew Position
Mission Duration: 90 minutes
Minimum number of players: 2
Date: Wednesday Mission 03/11/21
Time: 18:00 GMT
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak IP: 104.153.105.2:35200
Room: Steel Beasts Pro

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Complete at least 1 tutorial for M1A1(HA) or M3A2 (ODS).
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.
•   HAVOC designated members and Red Alert.
•   Our goal is to have the DOW session more immersive and realistic.

Manning list:

66/A: Rinix
65/A:
65/B: Oleg
65/D:

Any position:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 05:52:48 PM by Rinix »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Oleg

• =RA= team
Re: D.O.W. Steel Beasts Wednesday Mission 03/11/21 @ GMT18:00
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 05:46:39 PM »
Any position for me. I'm not in time, please start at 18:15  :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 05:52:50 PM »
Any position for me. I'm not in time, please start at 18:15  :howdy
Added, and OK.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 01:22:36 AM »
Here's my screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/Fvb8oEN

The plan

We are probed

The enemy tank regiment strikes, and we have to run

If you think that this looks bad, trust me when I say that it is much worse than it looks

An M88 makes a heroic effort to save an immobilized tank

3-2/D is stranded, but manages to fight off enemy infantry before enemy tanks overwhelm it

We reach Delay Line "Spear" and prepare to run away

The enemy has swept past us, but sends units to attack us

We alternate between fighting back and running away

2-1/D is the last of my units to evacuate

3-1/B is the final unit to evacuate

The mission ends. It was a monstrous battle. We lost 34 units, inflicted 117 kills, and escaped from our own destruction. The AAR is 2.42 GB in size.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Members reacted informative:
Asid,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,

Offline Asid

• HAVOC