Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: I have a simple answer to plastic waste and climate  (Read 1827 times)

Offline gameleaper

• Indie game developer
I have a simple answer to plastic waste and climate
« on: November 01, 2021, 04:21:33 AM »
I have a simple answer to plastic waste and climate

We should have a plastic recycler in everybodies home, like the waste disposal in USA, and just as we have boilers etc..

it would also be a killer bussiness idea for dragons den :)

Mark
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

Re: I have a simple answer to plastic waste and climate
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 01:06:05 PM »
What is a plastic recycler?

A container to collect material for transport to a recyling facility or a machine to execute a recycling process?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline gameleaper

• Indie game developer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 02:11:25 PM »
a unit that coverts household plastic into a usable material that can even be sold, Im thinking like a boiler to melt plastic into bricks for example, maybe even spesific shapes like parts for car shells or something else, the recycler is to make something useful.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »
Here in Germany we collect several kinds of plastic into a dedicated container or bag (depends on local system) and this gets collected once a month by a specialized lorry to be transported to a recycling facility.

If you mean a small recycling unit for every household, I would consider, that a recycling process in terms of a chemical procedure is more complicated than a compact machine could handle. For there is a number of different plastic materials, it has to be seperated, even if it is combined in one single piece, because of different chemical treatment. Every part often has to be cleaned from impurity and contamination. Last but not least the recycling process is very energy consuming. To do this in a most efficient way, the recycling unit shouldnt be a small one, but assimlate a large amount of material in each run. Otherwise the process would probably consume more energy, than just producing new material.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Offline gameleaper

• Indie game developer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 10:21:17 AM »
You only need clean plastic if your using it for food or drink etc.. but you could use plastic for boat shells or waterproof shelters, or something like these. you can mix unrecyclable plastic and just a centre filler, Im trying to think new ways because the current situation isnt working.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 03:38:21 PM »
I appreciate such an awareness for real problems (not fake problems) and engagement. Finally each possible solution has not just to be recognized under material, but above all in terms of energy aspects.
Our needs for electric energy will multiply, if we decreasingly use fossil energy sources. No inefficient and obsolete energy consuming devices would have a justification, particulary if specialized central facilities are available and process much more efficient.

If you really think about a compact recycling unit in single households - not sure if I got that right - how do you want to resolve the issue in terms of energy efficiency?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Tags:

D.O.W. Tech Support part 3: Question and answer

Started by Don_prince

Replies: 0
    Views: 2362
    Last post January 11, 2016, 01:34:21 PM
    by Don_prince
    Is pleasure wasted if you forget it?

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 2
    Views: 2909