Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Wednesday Open Mission 29/09/21 @ GMT18:00  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
D.O.W. Wednesday Open Mission 29/09/21 @ GMT18:00
« on: September 29, 2021, 06:21:52 PM »
D.O.W. Wednesday Open Mission 29/09/21 @ GMT18:00

This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

BR_mission2_krause by Zipuli (modified by krause)

BRAVE RIFLES
Mission 2

THIS IS THE LAST INTEL GIVEN DURING THE MARCH TOWARDS PORTA WESTFALICA:

"Captain,

Regiment informed me couple of hours ago that the enemy is clearly preparing for a push onwards to MINDEN in the east. Our last operational forces there will withdraw under pressure to avoid annihilation... According to your intel the enemy has a forward detachment of some sort in Minden, according to retreating West Germans, the units in Minden are most likely airborne units that overran the Pioneers and took the bridges intact. Enemy main force will most likely try to link up with them and cross the Weser.

Last confirmed enemy intel was that a force of roughly a Battalion (MRB rein) size was pushed through our defences at HAGENBURG (W of WUNSTORF) less than an hour ago... this force is most likely a regimental forward detachment who will try to link up and reinforce the units holding the bridges. They seem to be taking the WIEDENSAHL -route. The enemy main breakthrough attack is imminent once the sun comes up as during the night they managed to bring in enough fresh units for the task. NATO forces will hold them as long as possible, but don't assume too much out of this effort...

OUR PLAN (3.ACR intent):
3rd ACR will push forwards from PORTA WESTFALICA to the area east of MINDEN to counter the enemy offensive.
-Our 1st Squadron "Tiger" will attack north-east from PORTA WESTFALICA, bypassing and isolating MINDEN from the enemy main effort and destroy any encountered enemy forward elements. The Squadron prepares for hasty delay near STADTHAGEN, and prepares to cover the withdraw of NATO forces in front (exact number and quality unknown, but ~battalion (-) size, attrited and mixed force).
-2nd Squadron "Sabre" following behind will cross Mittel-Land-Kanal and completely isolate the enemy in MINDEN from enemy attacking units and engage and defeat the enemy Forward Detachment near PETERSHAGEN.
-3rd Squadron "Thunder", arriving later on, is the ACR reserve and prepares to A) Attack along E30 to enemy left flank, B) to reinforce 1st Squadron or C) to form up next line of delay and support 1st Squadron's withdraw from STADTHAGEN.
-4th Squadron "Longknife" prepares support the other Squadrons
-Support Squadron "Muleskinner" prepares to set up evacuation and maintenence points in and around PORTA WESTFALICA.

The enemies in MINDEN will be cut off accordingly, and left for their own fate. If the unit is of company size as suspected, its supplies should last for max 1 day of fighting, so they pose no real threat in our rear, except that it needs to be taken into account!

For support, so far we are on our own. CAS is a no-go as the enemy currently has a limited air superioirity in this sector."

-----------------------------------------

1st Squadron CO orders to A Troop Cdr, June 15th 1988 0400hrs:

"Captain,

Situation is as mentioned before, same goes with 1st Squadron's mission. 2nd Squadron's point Troop will follow close behind us, so when we take the turn east, they will head north crossing the canal to defeat the enemy Battalion size detachment.

My intent is as follows:
1) supported by C Troop, A and B Troops will advance east bypassing Minden. Tank Coy follows behind.
2) C Troop will disengage and scout east along E30, A/B+D Troops will advance to Bückeburg - Meinsen line, destroying any enemy units they encounter.
3) With C Troop securing right flank (Buchholz - Auetal -corridor), the squadron prepares to advance north-east (Stadthagen) to delay the enemy attacking force.

MISSION FOR SUBORDINATES:
A Troop:
Attack on point from Porta Westfalica to Klus - Evesen, bypassing Minden, destroy any encountered enemies, secure LINE A, 1 mile shy of Meinsen. Prepare to attack with B Troop towards Stadthagen.
B Troop:
Attack behind A Troop to Neesen - Nammen - Bückeburg, destroy any enemies encountered. Establish contact with C Troop at Wülpke. Prepare to attack with A Troop towards Stadthagen.
C Troop:
After A and B Troops have passed your line of defence, scout along Route E30 destroying encountered enemies, take Kleinenbremen. Establish contact with B Troop at Wülpke. Prepare to screen SQN right flank along Buchholz - Auetal -corridor.
D Company:
Attack behind B Troop to Neesen - Röcke. Prepare to reinforce A or B Troop if they encounter heavy resistance. Prepare to attack towards Stadthagen as the SQN reserve.
Howitzer Battery:
Advance leapfrogging behind D Troop to Porta Westfalica, support the SQN Troops.

SUPPORT:
A Troop has priority of "King's" (How Btry, 6 x 155mm M109) fires. Troops will take care of their own evacuation and light repair duties. All heavily damaged / heavily wounded units are to be evaquated to Neesen, from where "Muleskinner" (Support Sqn) will evaquate them further back. Troops will plan FARP's along the attack route for rearming / refueling needs. A and B Troops will both receive M113 MED + HEMTT AMMO from Muleskinner for this mission.

OTHER FRIENDLY FORCES:
The NATO forces in front of us have been retreating in disarray during the night, utilizing even abandoned civilian vehicles. Last spirited delaying units may fall back through your AOR any given time, even during the mission. Give them free passage, don't stay and chit chat. They may be pursued by the Ruskies. Don't expect them to fight efficiently during their withdrawal, they have been through hell twice allready!

Remember to watch out for your six, as the enemy in Minden may be able to harass our movement to contact. Be aggressive, stay calm. Remember to watch the skies as soon as the sun goes up!

MISSION TIME LIMIT: 90 MINUTES. Mission will end when objective is secured, or time limit reached.

The video AAR for this mission is available at YOUTUBE, as played in February 2011 by the PE community members. The video is called BRAVE RIFLES Part I.

Dogs Of War Vehicles : (in mission)

M1A1 (HA): Click here

M3A2 (ODS): Click here

** Notes **
SB Version: 4.265
Mission Name: BR_mission2_krause
Created by: Zipuli
Available at: https://www.steelbeasts.com/files/file/2992-brave-rifles-updated-for-4xx/
Modified by: krause
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: Yes
Largest command: Company
Smallest command:Crew Position
Mission Duration: 90 minutes
Minimum number players: 2
Date: Wednesday Open Mission 29/09/21
Time: 18:00 GMT
Event time
Teamspeak IP: 104.153.105.2:35200
Room:Steel Beasts Pro

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Complete at least 1 tutorial for M1A1(HA) or M3A2 (ODS).
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.
•   Open mission, those outside the unit are welcome, previous DOW members contact us.

Manning list:

66/A:
65/A:

M1A1 (HA)s
4/A:
5/A:

M3A2 (ODS)s
2/A:
3/A:

Support units:

Any position

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Oleg

• =RA= team
Re: D.O.W. Wednesday Open Mission 29/09/21 @ GMT18:00
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 06:53:04 PM »
Any position for me.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 02:11:42 AM »
Here's my screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/9D7841X

The plan

A bridge is demolished, then we roll north

4/A moves east to destroy enemy PCs, but 1 tank suffers a fuel leak

We are moving through when...

Chopper ambush!

4/A's remaining tanks move forward and slowly sacrifice themselves to cover the West Germans as they retreat

With all of our tanks destroyed or disabled, the Bradleys have to defend

This was a race between an enemy ATGM and a TOW ATGM, I won

Oleg is doomed

Below us, B Troop destroyed enough enemy units to win the mission. We won, despite not taking Line A.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Oleg

• =RA= team
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 09:08:02 AM »
I think we were moving too slowly to the positions you set. Stopped to destroy the enemy's ATGMs. As a result, our tanks did not have time to get into a good defensive position.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 06:23:55 PM »
I think we were moving too slowly to the positions you set. Stopped to destroy the enemy's ATGMs. As a result, our tanks did not have time to get into a good defensive position.
Yes, I believe that is correct.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 11:42:07 PM »