Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Steel Beasts Wednesday Mission 22/09/21 @ GMT18:00  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
D.O.W. Steel Beasts Wednesday Mission 22/09/21 @ GMT18:00
« on: September 22, 2021, 04:35:49 PM »
D.O.W. Steel Beasts Wednesday Mission 22/09/21 @ GMT18:00

This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

BR_mission1_krause by Zipuli (modified by krause)

BRAVE RIFLES
Mission 1

Mission parameters:
-90 minutes time limit
-visibility of 2500m, minimum light level 20%

BRIEFING, 14th June 2200hrs:

"Major,

The situation around HANNOVER in the east has gone from bad to worse, as the Soviet assault has all but cut through our heavily battered lines. Take a look at this map:
The enemy 1st wave of attack has moved around HANNOVER from the north, reaching WUNSTORF. We have reports of their recon elements being infiltrated through our thin lines there. So far our last line of defence has managed to retreat fast enough not to get ran over, but the defenders are in disarray, mostly fighting as small pockets of resistance, as the enemy heavy EW measures have all but cut all the communications between units and HQs.
We got some organized NATO forces north of STEINHUDER MEER, blocking enemy attacks to LEESE-STOLZENAU-UCHTE area, as well as a West German Panzergrenadier unit in the wooded area of SPRINGE, holding the southern flank. But in between these units it's utter chaos, with combined US and West German units trying to delay the onslaught.
We have reports of the enemy committing a fresh Motor Rifle Division to continue the attack in this sector, with mission to take the bridges over WESER intact and push through into our rear. We are sure they will use the momentum they got here, and push through the very thinly defended corridor from WUNSTORF to STADTHAGEN to MINDEN. That's where we are the weakest and the bridges at MINDEN are still intact and numerous... A West German Pioneer Kompanie moved into MINDEN few hours ago to blow up the bridges, but we lost contact with them (too). We have no idea of the situation near MINDEN, but at least the civilians mostly got out in time! Enemy air activity has ceased in the dark, but once the sun comes up, we can assume that the sky is full of red choppers and fighters, trying to gain air superiority and support the ground attack.

Our regiment is moving in the area to delay the enemy long enough that we can set up firm defences on the west side of WESER. Our 1st Squadron is leading the way, with your Troop on point. You should reach PORTA WESTFALICA around 0200-0300hrs depending on the traffic. Which is a chaos as civilians try to escape the battlefield and disorganized NATO units retreat west... APACHE Troop is following 90 minutes behind you.

YOUR MISSION:
Secure the LOD for our Squadron by setting up blocking positions:
1) east along E30, to the area near VELTHEIMER STRASSE, marked on your tactical map
2) north of PORTA WESTFALICA in the area of BARKHAUSEN-NEESEN-LERBECK...

After securing the designated areas, reconnoiter north towards MINDEN. See whether the German Pioneers got their job done and try to establish contact with the German troops in the southern part of MINDEN, they should have their HQ set up at the MINDEN CHURCH ("Dom Minden").

If you run into any strong enemy opposition, retain contact with them, but remember to HOLD the blocking positions whatever happens!

DESIRED END STATE:
Blocking positions in place when APACHE Troop arrives. The area south of MINDEN reconnoitered and possible enemy units located, so APACHE won't go in blind!

SUPPORT:
You got only your own indirect fire unit, the MORTAR SECTION of 2x 107mm mortars.

MISC:
We got a full chaos east of your AOR, so remember that the enemy may have units in the area already, and that there may be NATO units moving west in panic without any comms... And remember, time is not on our side! So move in quick, be arrogant in your actions, but cautious at the same time!

ANY QUESTIONS?"

0230 you reach the outskirts of PORTA WESTFALICA, near the furniture shop PORTA MÖBEL.

TRIGGERS:
- TRIGGERS 1 & 2: When you have the blocking positions established, use the according triggers 1 & 2 to inform the Squadron Commander!
- TRIGGER 3: When you have reconnoitered towards Minden and have established picture of what the situation there is, use trigger 3 to inform the Squadron Commander!

The mission will end once mission goals are reached (and your units are not in contact), or when time limit is reached!

BRAVE RIFLES CAMPAIGN NOTES:
1) The campaign was played through by members of PE community in February 2011. Casualties, ammo amounts and locations of units in the beginning of each mission is carried over from the results of that playthrough! Missions where C Troop is operating "alone" were played by Gibsonm as singleplayer missions and he reported enemy information to the rest of the players. Brun was the A Troop commander, and A Troop was the focus of the campaign. B Troop and D company were played by one player each.
2) All missions are best played as multiplayer COOP, as the number of units is high, but it is also possible to play in singleplayer.
3) The mission were created using older version of PE than the current one. I have edited the missions a bit, adding briefings and automatic mission endings for blue side.
- Zip, May 27th 2012

Dogs Of War Vehicles: (in mission)

M1A1 (HA): Click here

M3A2 (ODS): Click here

** Notes **
SB Version: 4.265
Mission Name: BR_mission1_krause
Created by: Zipuli
Available at: https://www.steelbeasts.com/files/file/2992-brave-rifles-updated-for-4xx/
Modified by: krause
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: Yes
Largest command: Company
Smallest command: Crew Position
Mission Duration: 90 minutes
Minimum number of players: 2
Date: Wednesday Mission 22/09/21
Time: 18:00 GMT
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak IP: 104.153.105.2:35200
Room: Steel Beasts Pro

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Complete at least 1 tutorial for M1A1(HA) or M3A2 (ODS).
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.
•   HAVOC designated members and Red Alert.
•   Our goal is to have the DOW session more immersive and realistic.

Manning list:

66/C: Rinix
65/C:

M1A1 (HA)s
4/C: Oleg
5/C:

M3A2 (ODS)s
2/C: Oleg
3/C:

Support units:

Any position:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:45:12 PM by Rinix »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Oleg

• =RA= team
Re: D.O.W. Steel Beasts Wednesday Mission 22/09/21 @ GMT18:00
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 06:18:04 PM »
Any position for me.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 06:45:14 PM »
Any position for me.
Added. I will give you 2/C in the planning phase.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 02:13:57 AM »
Here's my screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/7bViNUN

The plan

My initial plan to cross the river proves to be unusable

We advance through the debris of war

We move into our defensive positions

Two helicopters arrive. One is shot down, but I rescue the other one

My second plan for crossing the river is also unusable

West German units retreat across our line of sight, as we engage enemies in Minden

I begin crossing the river to finish the defense in the north

Oleg ambushes an enemy tank platoon

Minor battles continue in the north and south

My tanks, PCs, and infantry move forward to check for a West German HQ. They find nothing, and victory is ours

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 11:49:48 PM »