Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Wizards and Warlords  (Read 11980 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Wizards and Warlords
« on: January 03, 2021, 03:15:50 AM »

Wizards and Warlords is an indie turn-based strategy game, where you play in a randomly generated fantasy world, contending with rival wizards, warlords, roaming marauders and hidden ancient evils. Create a customized sovereign or choose from one of many predefined templates.

Home page
Steam
Forum
Youtube

Single-player

Wizards and Warlords - Let's Play

About

Wizards and Warlords is an indie turn-based strategy game, where you play in a randomly generated fantasy world, filled with rival wizards and warlords. Create a customized sovereign or choose from one of many predefined templates.

Blending 4X with grand strategy and simulation, the game offers a plethora of settings and randomly generated cultures and races. It is up to you if you want to fight great wars, crushing powerful rivals in the pursuit of world conquest - the challenge of survival in a grim and dangerous world, perhaps even beset by planar invaders and ancient evils - or a balanced game, where you control but one of many realms in the world, immersing yourself in an emergent story driven by random events and the interactions of randomly generated cultures and factions.

Manage your cities and fortresses, increase your power through research and industry, design arcane constructs, recruit armies and heroes, explore and exploit dungeons and ruins, and experience random events and event chains. You can mod several aspects of the game and create your own world maps.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Wizards and Warlords
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 03:18:01 AM »
FAQ
22 Oct, 2020

What kind of game is this?
This game is a text-heavy single-player turn-based strategy game. It merges aspects of 4X games with elements of grand strategy and world/actor-simulation against a backdrop of randomly generated worlds and emergent narratives.

It is an indie game, and the work of a single developer. The programming, game design and writing are the result of my lone efforts, while the audio-visual aspects are a mixture of commissioned, 3rd-party and personal work.

What is the state of this game?
It is a playable game with functional game mechanics, a variety of game options, a significant breadth of content and working victory conditions. I think it provides good value for the price, and I stand by my game. That being said, please remember that this is an indie game made by a single developer. With the relatively expansive scope and feature-richness of the game it cannot be as polished or fleshed-out as a game developed by a larger studio. Areas of the game will differ in depth and breadth, despite my best efforts to plug holes with every patch.

I just encountered a terrible bug!
There will be bugs that slip through my test efforts (as there are probably typos and/or mistakes in this FAQ), but I always work hard to chase down bugs with as much alacrity as humanly possible. I take pride in supporting players and resolving issues as soon as possible.

This game was in Early Access for a very long time? What's that about?
When I set out on this journey I had very ambitious goals, and despite my previous game and software development experience, developing those goals into a functional game turned out to take longer than anticipated. Combat was overhauled several times, as were several other aspects of the game. If you dig out the early screenshots and gameplay videos, the progress should be obvious. This time also provided me with invaluable feedback from players, and I'm sure the game is much more fun today due to this. I aim to continue what has worked well so far, and keep improving the game.

What are the future plans for the game?
More of what has been done so far: more content, improving the UI, improving AI, fleshing out flavor-only elements of the game and making the game more fun. To anyone worrying that the transition out of Early Access meant an end to updates: Updates will continue. But with added focus that every update is about bringing something to the game, and not some internal development milestone.

I have no idea what to do and how to figure out the mechanics?
There is a tutorial when you start the game. I strongly recommend starting out as a Wizard and following this tutorial. You can also refer to the Basic Guide, which provides a bit more information. There are also a number of Let's Play videos. The ones by Vieux Chat and Dastactic are great for learning the basics of the game. But otherwise experimentation and exploration is the way forward. The game is what you make it. You can conquer the world, try to survive with very hostile game settings or simply play around with the game as a sandbox.

Is there only an English version available?
The short version - yes, this is an English-only product.

The long version - I previously had an ambition to localize the game, and the foundational code has been written for this. But due to the amount of dynamic text, I simply do not have the resources to provide localization or even a framework for users to provide this data. If circumstances regarding development bandwidth and budget change in the future, I would like to do this. But as of now, I regret to say the game will probably remain an English-only title (as it has been advertised on the store page).

What Modding is supported and stable right now?
You can create custom Maps, add character portraits (and specify how they should be assigned) and modify unit stats. There are plans for more, but if the current options are not enough for your tastes, I recommend postponing any plans to mod this game, until such a time as those options are available. I do not want anyone to buy this game contingent on promises of future functionality, modding or otherwise.

Are there other Warlord types than Tribes?
Not currently. The plan is to add additional Warlord types in future updates. The first one is likely to be a 'plain' Warlord which starts with a City or Fortress and no special abilities. After the plan is to add Feudal Warlords. But these are plans, so if the availability of these are imperative to you, you should postpone buying the game until these have actually been added.

Is there any Multiplayer currently? (Spoiler) Is it planned?
There is no multiplayer functionality currently. I have an ambition to add PBEM / Hotseat play in an update, but this is an ambition, and not a promise. So if these features are essential to your ability to enjoy the game, then I recommend waiting for their (hopefully) eventual implementation. More advanced multiplayer (ie taking turns simultaneously or with non-hotseat sequential play) is not likely to be implemented, as I simply don't have the resources for this.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:00:39 PM »
Patch 1.0.0.63
Mon, January 4, 2021

A small bug fix patch. These are not merged to the 1.0.1 Beta Branch yet but should be today or tomorrow.

•   Randomly generated workers no longer always have Labor (1).
•   Rebalanced the cost to hire workers. It is now generally lower, but will be higher for workers with a high sum of initial skill levels. The influence cost in particular has been greatly reduced for workers with a low sum of initial skill levels.
•   Fixed an issue causing workers to be generated with no skills and/or negative upkeep.
•   Fixed Warlords not being able to defeat Wizard rivals upon assaulting a Wizard Tower.
•   Fixed Pre-Battle Event results not being shown to the player

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 01:23:56 AM »
Patch 1.0.1
Sun, 31 January 2021

Lost Cities

This update is a hodge-podge of graphical upgrades, modding functionality, quality of life improvements, bug fixes and user requested content/features. It was never really my intent that 1.0.1 should arrive this late - and on the heels of more than 80 total main and beta patches. But I overworked myself somewhat in time immediately after 1.0, and after suffering a period of reduced productivity, I have now found a more sustainable pace.

Those who have taken a break from the game may notice that some of the in-progress 1.0.1 work has been shelved. The explanation is too long-winded for this already long-winded post, but the important part is that I'll resume work on those shelved things after a brief period of hyper-care for this update. I haven't given up on the economy and city improvements.

A beta branch for 1.0.2 should go up later this week. I have some catching up to do on the forums, but after that, the journey to 1.0.2 can begin. And I will try to keep the wait shorter this time. The beta for 1.0.1 was too long, and I will try avoid that in the future. I'm happy with the amount of 'stuff' in the continuous patches delivered to the beta during this time, but not too happy with the time which passed before it hit main. Thank you to those who reminded me about the need for a push to main.

Finally, I would also like to extend thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports, ideas, feedback, encouragement and/or constructive criticism. You are too many to mention by name without the risk of forgetting someone, but you have my sincere thanks.

User Interface and Graphics
•   Quick cast / favorite spells. In the spellbook you can click an icon in the lower array of icons and then click a spell. This will "slot" the spell in that quickcast position. You can switch between battle and world spell favorites with a button.
•   Sigils: You can now use a custom image as your sigil. No need for modding or editing text files. Just click the button and browse to the image file.
•   Sigils: When starting a new game, you can now open a window to browse all Sigils. Previously you could only cycle through them one at a time.
•   Portraits: You can now change the portrait of a Character from the Character Window.
•   New Province Border graphics. The border tints are now shown only on the outer borders of a realm. Provinces with no capital have no border tint. Uncontrolled provinces have a dimmed tint. Minor realms have a pale grey tint.
•   Improved the mini-map image quality to be sharper
•   A warning notification is now issued when temporary units and free upkeep have four or less turns left
•   Wizard Window: Pending mastery progress bonuses are now shown in the Mastery Table when an event or action gives Mastery Progress during the player's active phase
•   Army Window: Units are now ordered by Experience
•   Military Window: Mana Nodes now show the Province in the list, to make it easier to choose the right location when recruiting new units
•   Military Window: Added tooltip to the Site list for recruitment options
•   Military Window: Recruitment Unit List now has tooltips
•   Wizard Tower Window: Worker Buttons in return to the Window after the Worker Selection dialog is closed.
•   Diplomacy Window: Anger/Fear/Regard changes are now shown logged with reasons and shown in the relevant tooltip
•   Worker Assignment description now includes nature of task (Construction, Excavation, Upgrading, Production, None)
•   List Selection Window: The generic window used for a wide variety of prompts now has different colors for valid/invalid selections, allowing the player to quickly see what selections are valid without manually selecting all of them.
•   Survey mode now has tooltip info displaying why a hex is invalid. Previously only Control issues were reported here. Now terrain and other reasons are as well.
•   City Window: Now has tooltips on the Prev/Next buttons showing a short description of the relevant City
•   City Window: "Recruit Follower" can now be initiated directly from the City Notables view
•   City Window: A shortcut to the Diplomacy Window has been added when inspecting a City belonging to another faction
•   Fortress Window: Now lists Upgrades in the summary text
•   Fortress Window: Now has Prev/Next, Go To and Diplomacy buttons similar to the City Window
•   Economy Window: The summary panel for the selected resource now includes faction/market amounts
•   Character Window: Lack of Free Will or Limited Free Will is now shown correctly
•   Realm/Quests Window: Captive characters are now listed in the Faction Panel

General
•   New achievements have been added: All In (unlock all masteries), The All-Seeing Eye (explore the entire map), Flavor of the Month: Alchemist (as an Alchemist Wizard, win any victory against at least 4 rivals).
•   Preset difficulty settings: Serene, Harsh, Nightmare. Selecting one of these will set a number of settings to match it. You can change other settings, but if you change one of the ones related to the preset - it will automatically reset to none.
•   New Game Setting - Cycle Planned Moves: If there are armies with a planned movement path that have not moved this turn, the turn button will change to "Select Pending Army", when selecting such an army to "Execute Moves". This allows manually activating and seeing all such moves via the Turn Button.
•   Unit upkeep priority is now randomized, which makes a difference if there are resources to pay upkeep for only a subset of units.
•   Upkeep balance pass. The stats and equipment of randomly generated unit types for each culture will now be reflected in the cost and upkeep to a greater degree. Cultural traits also have a greater impact on upkeep costs.
•   Unpaid worker upkeep now results in workers disbanding
•   Workers with no skills no longer generated
•   Workers with only 1 skill level are now less likely to be generated
•   Tribal Destiny: Adventurers is no longer required to send Dungeon Expeditions as Tribal Chief. It is still required to use Exploration. It now gives 2 to 5 new Followers, depending on the number of Camps controlled.
•   The bonus to coastal water movement from Flight now also applies to Limited Flight. This means that an army with a mixture of Flight and Limited Flight gain the movement reduction previously requiring an all-Flight army.
•   When conquering a City, base Unrest is no longer changed. Instead a temporary +15 Unrest is applied (duration based on City population) and a context-specific permanent modifier is added. The latter is replaced whenever a new conquest occurs. It may be 0, in which case it removes any previous such modifier.
•   The ability to ignore Fortress zone-of-control when moving out of the Fortress hex now applies to Limited Flight in addition to Flight.
•   All-flying armies can now traverse water at the cost of 2 movement points, rather than full movement allowance. This is only used if there is not a better water-traversal effect available.
•   Armies with a planned movement path are no longer included in the army cycle list
•   Garrisons now have improved marauder/monster suppression.
•   Fortress Stables now improved marauder/monster suppression from garrison cavalry.
•   Wyrdstone has been rescaled. One of the previous units equals five of the new units. Costs, rewards, etc. have changed accordingly.
•   Some resources now have supply/demand modifiers applied to one of the buy/sell sides. This means there will be a skewed price gap. For example Ambrosia has x2 buy price modifier. This allows resources to be expensive due to rarity/value, while making them less of a 'cash cow' when a regular flow is available.
•   Tweaked dungeon danger stat description bands

Characters
•   Followers with the 'No Free Will' trait no longer require Upkeep.
•   Follower loyalty/discontent above/below 10 (in either direction) now affects character upkeep from -50% to 50%. The effect on the amount of gold kept from upkeep is the same as previously (loyal follower keeps less, discontent followers keep more).
•   Loyal followers can sometimes gain XP from inspiration: Threshold loyalty value is (5 + character_level*12). Chance to gain XP (per turn roll) is (25 + loyalty / 2)%.
•   Character upkeep is now processed prior to Unit upkeep
•   Most Undead Characters no longer have free will
•   Alignment of Characters joining due to events, lore discoveries and similar are now much less likely to clash with that of the faction

Modding
•   Mod management overhaul. You now activate mods you have created or downloaded from the workshop from the mods window. You no longer choose a mod during game setup. This means you can load a save with a different set of mods active than when creating the game.
•   You can now enable multiple mods. They will be applied in the order you choose in the mod manager. This is relevant if the mods modify the same data - for example if mod 1 changes 4 built-in portraits, and mod 2 changes 5 built-in portrait, with one "overlap" (ie same portrait modified by both mods), the order will decide which mod is used for that portrait. The other 8 modifications don't clash, so the order doesn't really matter for those.
•   Unit icon modding. Create a UnitGfx folder similar to the Portraits folder for your mod. You link image files in the folder with units by adding a text file: info.txt (as with portraits). Each line can link one image to a unit. Format is: unit_id;image_filename.
•   You can now mod game mechanics/rules by placing a mechanics.txt file in the root folder of a mod.
•   If a mod does not have a toc.txt file, the game will create one and assign a unique id. This is not done if the mod is a workshop mod.
•   You can now mod Mana Node bind cost and output values. The relevant keys to put in the mechanics.txt file are ManaNodeBindCostMinor, ManaNodeBindCostSmall, ManaNodeBindCostMedium, ManaNodeBindCostLarge, ManaNodeBindCostMassive, ManaNodeOutputMinor, ManaNodeOutputSmall, ManaNodeOutputMedium, ManaNodeOutputLarge, ManaNodeOutputMassive. As with customization points use : (colon) to separate keys and value. For example 'ManaNodeOutputMinor:10' on a line (without quotation marks) will set the Mana output of a Minor Mana Node to 10 Mana.
•   You can now mod the number of points available when creating a custom template. The key to change this in the mechanics.txt file is WizardCustomizationPoints.
•   Mods can now add additional Sigils, by placing .png files in a Sigil folder (similar to portraits)

Content and World Generator
•   Death cultists. Undead Wizards can now recruit a special mortal unit which doesn't require recruitment pool, but which has a mana upkeep. It's based on a relevant generated world culture.
•   Dual-wielding. Units with dual-wielding of melee weapons can now be generated. This is based on cultural traits and unit template traits. Generally light infantry and skirmishers are more likely to be dual-wielding than cavalry or heavy infantry.
•   Better variety in culture unit equipment. Secondary weapons are now more common and cultures have a wider variety of possible weapons (ie potential during generation), but also a greater degree of consistency after weapons are assigned.
•   Dynamically generated culture unit types now have the Dual Wielding ability if they have been generated with such equipment
•   Added additional factors with a chance for Super Heavy unit types to be generated for cultures during world generation. A variety of traits, philosophies and social structures now affect this, making them more likely to be generated. Previously super heavy unit types were exceedingly rare. Now they're uncommon/rare.
•   Cleavers are now less common when generating random unit types
•   Improved unit type name generator to reflect culture and unit 'tier' to a greater degree
•   Reworked Dynamic Unit "Short Descriptions" (Light Elite Infantry, Medium Cavalry, etc). These will now often include main weapon as part of the description, and some of the redundant/confusing/misleading words have been removed.
•   Improved the calculation of Recruit Follower costs to be less arbitrary
•   Added an alternate province generation algorithm. This can be chosen during game setup. It creates more evenly sized and shaped provinces, but does not try to align provinces with terrain types.
•   Reduced the number of settled provinces when picking Sparse and Scattered Civilization options during game setup.
•   Three new hex specials: Silkworms, Wyrdstone Deposits, Bone Fields. These add relevant resources to constructed resource sites.

Magic and Wizards
•   New Construct Options. Shape: Drone Swarm, Shape: Incomprehensible, Trait: Blighted, Trait: Displacement Field, Trait: Illusion Projectors)
•   Intimidation (Wizard Trait): Now gives a +1 Discipline bonus to all units which do not have any of: Mindless, Limited Mind, Beast, Monster, Non-Living. This will only take effect for new games.
•   Undead (Wizard Trait): The Upkeep and Recruitment Cost reduction has been expanded to cover Undead, Ghoul and Raised units. This is much more intuitive than the previous more limited and complicated criteria.
•   Shades and Greater Shades are now unlocked at Shadow Mastery 5 and 7, respectively.
•   Breath of Life (New Spell): It can ressurect dead followers.
•   Gift of Unlife (Spell): Necromancy mastery must now be higher than or equal to the level of the target character. The risk of catastrophic failure now scales from 5% to 0% depending on Necromancy mastery. Chance of full or partial domination also scales with Necromancy mastery.
•   Soothe (Spell): No longer affects Courage, but makes the unit Fearless instead. It now also removes the Relentless Pursuit ability from a unit. Discipline bonus increased to 2. It now also has -4 Shock and -1 Movement.
•   Rebalanced the duration of all Battle spells. They are generally x4 the original amount, with a few exceptions.
•   Fae Gardens (Research): No longer available to Wizards with a special race trait (Undead, Demon, Celestial). Faerie Wizards still have automatic access to Fae Gardens.
•   Faerie Binding (Research): No longer available to Wizards with a special race trait (Undead, Demon, Celestial). Faerie Wizards are granted it automatically.
•   Demonic Summoning (Research): No longer available to Wizards with a special race trait (Undead, Faerie, Celestial). Demon Wizards are granted it automatically.
•   Celestial Summoning (Research): No longer available to Wizards with a special race trait (Undead, Demon, Faerie). Celestial Wizards are granted it automatically.

Units
•   Phoenix Units costs and upkeep increased by +50%
•   Phoenix Rebirth now applies an effect with a duration of 2 Turns (including the current), which prevents rebirth equal to the number replenished as long as it is active. If an effect is already active, the number is added to the existing tally and duration extended to 2. Note that effect duration is checked at the end of the turn, so effectively one full turn of not suffering losses will end the effect. E.g. a unit of 40 suffers 10 losses during Turn 4 and all are rebirthed after combat, then suffers 40 losses during Turn 5 of which only 30 are rebirthed after combat. When Turn 6 ends the tally is reset. I haven't fully tested this change yet.
•   Banshees: Increased upkeep from 1 to 2 Mana. Summoning cost from 20 to 35 Mana. Gained Immune to Terror and Relentless Pursuit.
•   Greater Banshees: Increased upkeep from 4 to 5 Mana. Summoning cost from 90 to 100 Mana. Gained Terror and Relentless Pursuit. Reduced Greater Shriek Damage from 5 to 3. Gained an extra Arcane Missile attack.
•   Death Knights: Reduced the Dark Aura Damage from 4 to 2. Gained Fearless.

Cities
•   Marketplace: Crime 0.25 => 0.5, Income 0 Gold => 100 Gold
•   Thieves Gold: Maintenance 500 Gold => 50 Gold
•   Granary: Cost 100 Food, 500 Lumber => 50 Good, 250 Lumber, 250 Gold, Construction Time 2 => 8
•   Farmers Market (new): Growth 0.5, Prosperity 0.5, Crime = 0.25, Squalor 2, Maintenance 10 Food, Income 50 Gold

Fixes
•   The '50 Shades of Wizardry' Achievement now fires as intended. The requirements have also been relaxed so that one of True Grit and/or Lusty is enough.
•   The 'Toppling The Tower' Achievement now fires as intended when defeating a Wizard as a Warlord. Previously 'The Wand Is Mightier Than the Sword' would fire instead.
•   Moved 'Save Game' to a separate thread to improve performance. You cannot advance the Turn until the save thread is finished.
•   Characters belonging to Faerie sub-races no longer have multiple race adjectives ("Faerie Brownie Ritualist"; etc.)
•   Added code to prevent windows from 'hiding' when multiple windows are active, and a new window should be brought to the fore
•   Events and actions that result in the creation of 'free' Units with recruitment type: "recruited" alignment will now change the Alignment of such Units to match the owner faction (if applicable).
•   Spells and units which have been added to a Mastery as "auto-unlocks" are now applied retroactively when loading a save game, where they did not exist.
•   Fixed several skill-gain events picking characters based on inverted criteria
•   Fixed a bug causing the 'Next Turn' button to not update
•   Fixed mods not loading correctly when multiple workshop (ie non-local) mods are active
•   Fixed the Hero for Hire event getting unintentionally massive rebates from Charismatic and Call for Heroes
•   Fixed a bug allowing eliminated Wizard rivals to buy a Dark Tome
•   Fixed a bug where units during manual battle resolution would not update rank data, resulting in unit casualties not reducing attacks as intended and casualty assignment being increasingly incorrect as a unit was damaged.
•   Fixed the master miner trait missing from multiple culture generator tables
•   Fixed worker / trainer alignment clashes resulting in a bonus rather than a malus
•   Fixed numerous event/action costs with scaling costs, so they are bounded in both directions and the scaling is more reasonable
•   Fixed save game size being unreasonably large
•   Fixed save / load being possible when the game was in a state where the results would not be as expected
•   Fixed undiscovered factions contacting the player and requesting gifts or diplomatic actions
•   Fixed an issue when a faction requests that another faction join a war against an undiscovered third faction. The war target faction will now be revealed.
•   Fixed the mouse-wheel not working in the Multicast and Mastery Panels
•   Fixed non-Spell effect being shown in the Multicast Panel
•   Fixed the keyboard shortcut for Next Turn being available during battles.
•   Fixed a crash bug relating to multiple mods with the same guid
•   Fixed modded portrait images not being downsampled in sufficiently high-quality when relevant
•   Fixed a crashbug caused by re-starting games
•   Fixed a bug causing Seed stability to be wrong if re-starting during the same session
•   Fixed a crash bug when browsing files.
•   Fixed armies not executing multi-turn movement orders correctly (when 'cycle planned moves' is turned off).
•   Fixed a number of placeholder texts which had incorrectly not been replaced, relating to Ancient Evil strings
•   Fixed a number of Lore discoveries not displaying the intended text in the Lore panel of the Magic window
•   Fixed a crash bug and a refresh bug related to Fortress Upgrade construction.
•   Fixed a number of crash bugs related to worlds with very few cultures.
•   Fixed a display bug in the Battle Window
•   Fixed an instance of placeholder text accidentally not replaced by the intended text.
•   Fixed a bug where the Magic Window would sometimes be completely empty.
•   Fixed a crash bug related to resource stockpile questions
•   Fixed followers not re-assigning to Party Assignment tasks if they change state from valid to invalid and back to valid
•   Fixed the outliner showing Party Assignment for Idle followers which were not valid for the task
•   Fixed mastery progress sometimes sitting at 100% and not triggering a new level until any amount of additional progress occurred.
•   Fixed province highlights in the Editor not updating correctly on province selection changes, causing it to leave a 'shadow' of the previously selected province
•   Fixed several memory leaks
•   Fixed a bug causing Independent Realms to not always be shown in the Diplomacy Window despite being active.
•   Fixed a bug blocking armies from exiting the a Fortress hex if they had no or a non-adjacent original location. This could happen when raising an army in the hex or using teleportation effects.
•   Fixed bug where multiple active Rebel factions could be created for the same city
•   Fixed a bug where first contact messages would be sent incorrectly from eliminated and distant factions
•   Fixed eliminated and/or inactive factions being shown in the Diplomacy UI
•   Fixed an issue where character elements would not always update to reflect recent state changes in the Follower / Select Character window
•   Fixed Undead Marauders being generated with incorrect power levels (stronger/weaker both depending on circumstances).
•   Fixed a bug where workers could be assigned despite not meeting the requirements stated.
•   Fixed a few positive/negative text coloring bugs (ie red vs green)
•   Fixed a battle crash bug when playing as Warlord.
•   Fixed crash bug relating to evaluation of unit tags by global faction effects
•   Fixed a large number of dynamic unit name generation issues
•   Fixed a few tooltip bugs
•   Fixed 'Request Character' not mapping character classes correctly for Dedicated Haven realms. You would get a different kind of character than you requested (and intended).
•   Fixed a bug causing Faerie and other special units to require a non-existing recruitment pool.
•   Fixed a number of inconsistencies and issues with Fools Gold. The 'remaining gold' is now calculated immediately on expenditure and not as an end-of-turn delta, making the spell much more intuitive to use.
•   Fixed an issue where an Outpost upgrading to a Settlement could not be assigned a new Overseer.
•   Fixed a crash bug when opening the Encyclopedia after loading a Save Game started with older game versions.
•   Fixed a bug where the Escape button did not bring up the Menu after loading a game
•   Fixed a number of issues with the Naval Commander trait not working as intended. I have also improved it slightly so that in addition to reducing the cost of the first movement into an Ocean hex to 1 - it also allows an additional hex of Ocean movement (relevant for non-aquatic/flying armies). In effect, it now allows 2 hexes of Ocean movement per turn, instead of 1. The previous bonus had a very limited scope for being useful.
•   Fixed a bug where a number of unit effects were not ending as intended
•   Fixed the color picker acting strangely when dragging the mouse outside its borders.
•   Fixed an issue where captive characters were not tracked correctly. Many ways to capture characters would only change the status and location of the character, but not correctly register the captive with the capturing faction.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 02:04:32 AM »
Patch 1.0.1.26
Sun, 7 February 2021

•   Fishing Villages can now be built on the coast. They're an alternative to Farms for producing Food. The more adjacent water hexes, the more food is produced.
•   New Hex Special: Bounty of the Sea. Gives additional Food for Fishing Villages adjacent to it.
•   Resource Sites can now be upgraded up to three times, thus having a Level from 1 to 4. Each level adds a worker slot and a base 5% resource production bonus. There is a cost in time and resources to upgrade - and each type of resource site has worker skill requirements as well.
•   Quicksave has been implement. Press F5 to save to the quicksave file without having to click through save menus.
•   Quickload has been implement. Press F6 to load the quicksave file. A prompt is shown to avoid accidentally losing your current game.
•   Reworked mastery contribution from spells. The contribution is no longer solely based on mana cost, but is a combination of Spell Level and Mana Cost. The Mana component no longer contributes in a linear fashion. The weight of level and mana respectively has been exposed to modding (see below constants). The value is also
•   Mastery contribution from spells that impact multiple masteries has been changed to more smoothly split the contribution across the primary and secondary masteries.
•   Mastery contribution from spells now has a per-turn soft cap similar to that from units.
•   Mastery contribution from bound Mana Nodes has been doubled.
•   New constants exposed for modding (default value if unmodded): BaseManaCap (800), ChannelingManaCapBonus (250), MasteryProgressSpellWeight (1.0), MasteryProgressUnitWeight (1.0), MasteryProgressManaNodeWeight (1.0), MasteryProgressSpellManaWeight (0.5), MasteryProgressSpellLevelWeight (0.5).
•   Fixed Mass Mutation and Mutation creating units at the wrong location (they were at the Wizard Tower and not the target city).
•   Fixed building demolish orders not being saved as intended.
•   Fixed the 'Cancel Demolish' button in the City Window not working.
•   Fixed a number of actions not updating the UI (ie resource values).
•   Fixed a crash bug.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 12:55:45 AM »
Patch 1.0.1.27
Tue, February 9, 2021

•   New spell - Waking Nightmare (Illusion): Causes Unrest and Squalor in target City. Also slightly reduces Rebel WIsh and Civic Spirit.
•   New spell - Grand Spectacle (Illusion): Reduces Unrest in target City. Also slightly reduces Rebel WIsh and increases Civic Spirit.
•   Drained Mana Nodes now show the expected remaining time until they return to normal. It is shown as a range based on the initial 5 to 12 Turns. E.g. after 3 turns it will say 2 to 9 Turns, whereas after 7 turns it will say 1 to 5 Turns.
•   Details on Spells, Masteries and Character Traits are now shown in the Encyclopedia.
•   Improved a few tool tips to better explain the information in them.
•   Fixed a Mastery Progress bug.
•   Reduced the rather extreme Mastery Progress from having a Vivisectorium. It might need more nerfing, but I am doing some general mastery balance and testing, so will do further changes in that context.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 02:53:26 AM »
Patch 1.0.1.30
Mon, February 15, 2021

•   You can now choose to let the AI use custom templates. This is done in the template selection window on a per-template basis. So if you want to change it before starting up a Warlord game, you need to go into this window and modify settings accordingly, then exit it.
•   New Spell: Lunar Blessing (Celestial 1). Unit buff which can only be cast on certain turns and with a limit on the number of active instances equal to the Celestial Mastery of the caster.
•   Minotaurs now have a charge-only Gore attack (applies to new games only)
Office Request notifications are now only shown for unheld Faction offices and Followers with high Discontent
•   Multicast Panel: Click on a row now has the same effect as clicking on the toggle.
•   Multicast Panel: The grid no is longer reset by every single UI action
•   Added a warning when upkeep costs are expected to be unpaid
•   Fixed a bug causing modded portraits to not be used by the portrait assignment logic
•   Fixed a bug relating to resource display
•   Fixed an issue causing characters with both of Bloodthirsty and Paranoid to not have any valid dungeon exploration stances
•   Fixed a bug where minor faction could gift more resources than they had

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 04:04:29 AM »
Patch 1.0.1.31
Wed, February 17, 2021

Didn't really plan to push this out yet, but I had some odds and ends that might as well piggy-back on the bugfix which was the reason for this patch.

•   Divine Favor can now be used to add/cleanse Hex Conditions (Primal, Hallowed, Demon-Tainted, etc). The options for each Deity/Religion depends on the combination of Domains.
•   When saving a Custom maps, a thumbnail image is created with the same name as the map. This will make it the preview image if uploading the map to workshop. You can toggle this export in the Export panel (enabled by default).
•   Armies with an active Siege are now skipped when cycling idle armies (unless they can assault)
•   Sorting improved for numerous character task target selection dialogs
•   Added more info during target selection when assigning Site Leader tasks via the Follower Window
•   Fixed minor faction Followers sometimes sticking around in conquered Sites when this made no sense
•   Fixed an issue permitting assignment of Site Leader to invalid Sites when it was done via the Follower Window
•   Fixed a crash bug when loading a save game with certain map filters enabled

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 01:31:01 AM »
Patch 1.0.1.36
Fri, February 26, 2021

These are the aggregated patch number from a successive series of minor patches. A larger patch and the Experimental Grid-Based Battle beta is coming soon.

•   Battlefield Necromancy now has a more smooth power curve. The power of the raised forces is based on Necromancy and War mastery (weighted 3 to 1)
•   Tweaked the cost of Liches to be significantly lower and increased the unit size to 5
•   Increased the Hit Points of Vampire from 8 to 16 and the unit size from 32 to 40
•   Fixed a number of text errors
•   Fixed Breath of Life not being researchable
•   Fixed the upkeep projection logic not correctly incorporating free upkeep effects
•   Fixed a persistence bug affecting resource sites during upgrades
•   Fixed some effects not having their duration ticks processed after saving and loading a game
•   Fixed a bug where resurrection effects would bring the character back to life, only to have them die almost immediately after

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 11:56:35 PM »
Patch 1.0.1.40
Tue, March 16, 2021

This path side tracked my work on the beta branch, but I think these are important fixes and changes, and absolutely worth postponing the beta branch update by a day or two. I will also add more options like the Golem Workshop in the coming days - for other types of Units. They may not all be buildings, but I want to add more ways to recruit magic units away from the Tower.

•   New City Building: Golem Workshop. Allows recruiting Custom Constructs and units with the Golem tag in the City. Requires Artifice 4+ or the Golems trait in the city in order to build. Also gives +0.25 Learning and +0.5 Industry.
•   Dragons have been significantly buffed with more Hit Points, Armor, Toughness and Resistance.
•   Loss of Effectiveness during Battles has been tweaked and the mechanics expanded. Monsters and units with a low default unit size (members) have a cap on how much effectiveness can be reduced. If the battle drags on for a very long time, this cap will gradually disappear.
•   Outnumbering now has less of an extreme effect on morale and effectiveness - especially for Monsters. All units will now be less likely to suffer morale checks based on outnumbering if they're not suffering a lot losses and are also not fatigued. Strong units were too likely to retreat even when winning if they were outnumbered.
•   AoE attacks will now apply multiple hits based on their type and the size of the involved units. Breath Attacks will hit more targets based on attacker size. Line Attacks will hit more targets based on target unit depth/quantity. Circle Attacks will hit more targets based on target unit physical size.
•   Physical Size has been specified for all Unit Types, as it is now important for an additional mechanic. It also fixed some issues with high-HP Units which did not have actual large physical size (HP was used as a fallback when size was not specified to estimate size).
•   Fixed Flying not correctly giving units the ability to use melee attacks when pursuing (evasive) non-Flyers.
•   Fixed a bug where expected income was not correctly considered when predicting if there will be unpaid upkeep. This led to annoying warnings, for example when having full resource caps.
•   Fixed a bug where the number of attacks made when using ranged attacks at close range was incorrect (could be absurdly high for small units).
•   Fixed a bug where the distance of ranged attacks was incorrectly calculated in some situations, leading to unintended to-hit penalties.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 11:54:13 PM »
Patch 1.0.1.45
29 March 2021

•   Added another batch of icons for notifications and events to make it easier to 'read' the notifications at a glance.
•   Starting the Ritual of Ascendancy will now cause armies of cosmic forces to intervene. The number and power of these depend on game settings.
•   Ascendancy Victory can no longer be achieved while the Wizard Tower is being sieged.
•   Character traits now have more detailed tool tip info for ambivalent effects on challenge traits. Instead of the generic (and vague) +-, a breakdown is shown of factors which are buffed and which are penalized.
•   The Encyclopedia entries for Character Traits now include more detailed information on the modifiers to challenges. Rather than the generic + and - from tooltips, the specific modifier type(s) and amount(s) are shown.
•   Army tool tips now shown an approximate power-level. Note that this is an estimate based on individual units and does not consider match-ups against counters / countered unit types and other situation-specific factors.
•   Siege progress is now affected by the relative size of defender and attacker armies. If attackers are outnumbered the penalty is from 66% to 33%. If the defenders are outnumbers by at least 2-to-1 the progress is modified by +2 to +4.
•   Religion-class characters can no longer be tasked with worship/offering tasks involving a different Religion - except in a few specific cases involving cults and non-Deity religions.
•   Conquering a rival Wizard Tower will now result in some gained Mastery progress/unlocks if the defeated rival had higher mastery level in some areas.
•   When an Independent Realm requests an emissary, they will now share maps of their realm.
•   Isolationist Enclaves will no longer request emissaries.
•   Added proper confirmation/result dialogs to several targeted effects which were resolving 'silently'.
•   When handling a multi-context notifications, the notification will remain in the list until the 'OK' choice has been made or all 'Go To' options have been exhausted.
•   Fixed a bug where AI armies would erratically abandon sieges.
•   Fixed a crash bug sometimes caused by player sites being lost.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 11:40:04 PM »
Patch 1.0.1.49
Wed, March 31, 2021

•   Armies with a planned movement path are now placed at the end of the 'N' key army cycle.
•   Fixed a bug where Battle Siphoning would not give the intended Mana for some unit types.
•   Fixed a number of issues with incorrect selection state when units had multiple valid recruitment site options.
•   Fixed a bug causing incorrect dimming of choices in the Military Recruitment Window.
•   Fixed a crash bug caused by the Planar Invasion AI sometimes stubbornly trying to conquer sites that no longer exist.
•   Fixed a crash bug when certain types of minor realms conquered a site held by unaligned forces.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 11:34:46 PM »
Patch 1.0.1.52
Sun, April 4, 2021

•   Wizard AI is now less likely to overspend on research and city buildings. It will also spend more carefully for a time after being forced to disband units due to missing upkeep.
•   Wizard AI is now better at spending early game resources on things with an immediate benefit.
•   An effect is now applied to cities when a Worker is settled as a Pop, blocking repeat usage of this action (until expiry). Depending on the cultural fit and size of the city, this will cause a 'cooldown' period. Instantly 'pop-bombing' cities with a horde of accumulated workers is thus no longer possible.
•   Recruit Notable: -5% Chance for Tribal Chiefs when hiring non-culture characters. Accept Outsiders and/or Horde Nation removes this penalty.
•   Tribal Destiny (Horde Nation): Now gives +20% Recruit Notables and a Hire Horde Allies action (20 spoils, gain random unit with free upkeep for a while, small chance to get a special/magical unit, otherwise weighted by cultural traits).
•   Tribal Diplomacy: Gift Spoils now also provides Influence gain in addition to Regard.
•   Tribal Religious Festival: Now has a high change to provide an Enchanted Item. It can be assigned via the 'Give Item' button in the Followers Window.
•   Fixed a bug where several Tribal Action checked the wrong cooldown counter
•   Fixed bug causing unreasonable costs for Tribal Chiefs when recruiting notables.
•   Fixed bug where Clan Emissary status would partially linger on reassignments, allowing the same character to be assigned over and over for stacking benefit
•   Fixed bug where Tribal Camp Migration state was corrupted during game save/load. Existing games are retroactively fixed. In some rare cases the game will have to guess at which army and camp is linked, and it may not match pre-save state (this is only relevant for save games with corrupted state, not new saves).
•   Fixed crash bug related to Martial Tests of Mettle
•   Fixed Spoils (of War) not showing in the Resource panel
•   Fixed an issue where AI Wizards would never upgrade their Tower Level

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2021, 12:02:36 AM »
Patch 1.0.1.59
Tue, April 13, 2021

•   Rebalanced Mine, Logging Camp, Vineyard, Fishing Village and Quarry resource output. Some have been buffed and some have been nerfed. Volcanoes now improve the output of adjacent hex mines. Fishing Villages now produce Trade Goods in addition to Food.
•   Greatly increased the Lumber bonus from Primordial Trees.
•   New Game Setting - Mine Output: You can choose half, normal or double output for mines and quarries (affects all factions).
•   The E key can now be used to execute the planned movement order for a selected army.
•   Level 0 Masteries can now be abandoned, returning them to the state of not being unlocked. They will have to be unlocked again. Click a Mastery in the Table or All view to do this.
•   Not-yet-unlocked Masteries can now be blocked (and unblocked) from the Mastery Views.
•   Wizard Research Projects are now sorted alphabetically.
•   When unavailable Research Projects are toggled, already researched projects are no longer included.
•   Wizard AI has been tweaked to be less relaxed about launching attacks against superior armies.
•   Improved the diminishing return mechanism for Prospectors, making it much less likely that they will discover a steady flow of new resources.
•   The Base Production shown when previewing hex build options is no longer rounded, but shows accurate amounts including decimals.
•   Rebels will now sometimes execute leaders of cities they liberate.
•   Mana Nodes now show their expected 'payout' time in turns and mastery progress per turn as part of the Bind tooltip.
•   The last unit in an Army can now be disbanded.
•   Beast Mastery now gains progress from Insect Hive specials in the realm of a Wizard.
•   Life Mastery now gains progress from Primordial Trees specials in the realm of a Wizard.
•   Dark Pact quests will now usually yield Mastery Progress on completion.
•   Dwarf Units now have the Hardy ability and +1 Melee Shock.
•   Vampire Units can now replenish and have been buffed.
•   Added Celestial Phoenixes. The same three tiers exist as for the other types of Phoenixes.
•   Fixed a bug where Champions and Quartermasters were not included in various mechanics that traversed all characters in an army.
•   Fixed a bug where rebels liberating a city would interact weirdly with tolerated leaders and unrest.
•   Fixed a bug where 1-distance army movement plans could not be created.
•   Fixed a bug affecting Scales of Justices and targeting.
•   Fixed a number of bugs where the movement history/plan line was not updated/cleared.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 11:51:09 PM »
Patch 1.0.1.60
Wed, April 14, 2021

Just a small patch today. Didn't really plan for a patch today, but I thought the scaling fix should be released asap.

•   When starting the game with a low resolution, the game will check against reference UI scaling values and prompt about possible issues and present the option to automatically change to a better scale.
•   The Battle UI will now independently scale the UI if necessary for proper display - this is done independently of the general UI Scale setting.
•   Warlord AI is now better at threat evaluation and army management.
•   Warlord AI is now better at planning new site construction and hiring new workers.
•   Warlord AI will now prefer higher-tier units, when possible.
•   Wizard AI is now capable of picking a Focus mastery, which is more important now that there is a stacking bonus from keeping the same Focus for 10+ Turns. It also helps make them slightly more thematic in their progress.
•   Fixed a bug where a resurgent Independent Realm (ie post-rebellion) would still have the dormant flag set. This messed with intra-AI diplomacy and a number of mechanics.
•   Fixed a bug where the battle UI would have buttons and text panels placed outside of the visible area - even when using UI Scaling.
•   Fixed a bug where tower expansions that do allow duplicates could be constructed in multiples anyway by doing this in parallel.
•   Fixed a bug where an 'empty' Entangle effect would linger. The Stat modifier was being removed correctly. Now the parent effect is removed as expected.
•   Fixed a bug where the AI would build copper quarries on marble deposits.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Starpoint Gemini Warlords

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3096