Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 07/10/20 at 20:00 GMT  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 07/10/20 at 20:00 GMT
« on: October 05, 2020, 09:23:24 AM »

SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 07/10/20 at 20:00 GMT

Immersive, friendly session.

Played with full fog of war.

**                    Notes                      **
SOW Version: Waterloo 1.03
Largest command: Corps
Smallest command: Brigade
Mission Duration: 180 minutes
Minimum number players: 2
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak  IP: 104.153.105.2:35200  Please wait in lobby for access to other areas.
Room: Scourge Of War

Extra Notes:
•   TIME LIMIT: 01.30 a.m. GMT at the following day, if no different agreement has been made by the participants.
•   The room will be open at 19:30 GMT for preparation & mission setup
•   House rules: Click here
•   HITS system
•   Courier orders
•   Bare map. Full F.O.W.
•   No voice during game. (comms by courier only)

Mods required:
•   DOW Community Toolbar V8: This will be provided.
•   If an updated mod is required you will be sent a link via pm

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Must be proficient Using HITS
•   Have a good understanding of UI

Commanders and leaders:
Biondo
Jakmin
Colbert
Asalex
Sandman
Neil
Davide
SamuelGim
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:59:13 PM by Biondo »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jakmin

Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 07/10/20 at 20:00 GMT
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 08:25:15 AM »
 :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
dog" border="0

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »
presente
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline asalex

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 04:05:49 PM »
 :Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 08:57:44 PM »
enter sandman  :roker
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 12:23:40 PM »
Just to explain what's going on for the battle of this evening.

I gave the two commanders, sandman and Jakmin, the sequent map:

In this battle, sandman will be the defender, British CiC. He already have his oob.

Now he have to decide where to deploy his men accordingly to his plan. He can deploy wherever he wants in his 6 sectors.

After the deployment he has 30 "Cavalry Points" available for Scout and Screen activities. He'll communicate to me how he wants to split those points between the 3 front sectors (left, centre and right), and in what activity.

There's no limit on how and where use the points. A commander can decide to throw all his 30 points scouting one sector.

Screen activity is to avoid that the enemy gather information on a specific sector and its rear.

Scout activity is to gather information on enemy composition and deployment.

The information given to a commander depends on the difference between the scout value of one sector's side against screen value of the opposed enemy sector. If the difference is positive, then some information will be given to the scouting force; the wider the difference, the better the information.

After sandman send me everything, Jakmin will give me only his Scout points.

I'll check Jakmin's scout points against sandman's screen points and I'll give information to Jakmin, if any available, according to the results.

Now Jakmin communicate to me his deployment and his Screen points and I'll communicate to sandman his scouting information, in the same way explained before.

And the battle can start!

In this scenario the British are defending Nabburg against French who are superior in numbers but if the situation turn in British favour, he can attack the French line of communication taking Primasens.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 04:23:27 PM »
Men are deploying while cavalry patrols are trying to collect informations on enemy movements :French sodier with flag
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jakmin

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 09:22:16 AM »
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 01:16:19 AM by Admin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
dog" border="0

Offline asalex

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 11:18:58 AM »
Wow! a full corps in march column slipped under my nose  :banghead....first cav recon couldn't have been worse.
A pity not only for the defeat but because the engament trying to delay Biondo's corps when it turned North would have been really interesting.

Yesterday we finished late and couldn't stay in the AAR, thank you for the scenario Biondo the recon phase was a nice touch. I like these open maps with space to maneuver and the all or nothing victory conditions, specially with different objetives for both sides, giving more options than an all out defense of the objetive.
If we had known that Biondo full corps was in the objetive, could have turned French forces in Bruel and helped Sandman capturing Pirmasens, trying to force a draw.

Sometime ago we talked about a campaign in several sessions. I'm reading this campaign rules https://didier-rouy.webs.com/levoldelaigle1815.htm and also have https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9476/larmee-du-nord-belgian-campaign than can be easily played with Zucker's Campaigns of Napoleon rules...just an idea....
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 04:40:28 PM »
Wow! a full corps in march column slipped under my nose  :banghead....first cav recon couldn't have been worse.
A pity not only for the defeat but because the engament trying to delay Biondo's corps when it turned North would have been really interesting.

A pity indeed and probably a lesson too. I didnt make use of any scouting points, also cos I thought we could do the recon work even after the game time started. I assigned to each of the 3 sectors 1 general with cavalry, responsible to recon the sectors opposing area immediatly. But we learned again, if the "boring" basic work isnt done accurately, all other efforts could fail. I checked the situation on the tactical replay map. There was a hill to the S which blocked the sight to SE-S. To prevent an unnoticed infiltration by bypassing enemy forces, it was absolutely vital to move about 300 yrds only on the hilltop to examine the situation in the S, before moving on further eastwards. But still, according the tac replay, the french banners should have also been visible from the commanders position around 10.06 and 10.11 oclock.
In case you would have spotted the french corps, besides you, it was me to take care about, because Neil and Davide probably were indispensable at the engagement from blocking Jakmin. Then I could have taken over the reserve Div from AI Chassé in time and bringing a Cav Div too, instead of the AI being skinned by Biondo.

Yesterday we finished late and couldn't stay in the AAR, thank you for the scenario Biondo the recon phase was a nice touch. I like these open maps with space to maneuver and the all or nothing victory conditions, specially with different objetives for both sides, giving more options than an all out defense of the objetive.
If we had known that Biondo full corps was in the objetive, could have turned French forces in Bruel and helped Sandman capturing Pirmasens, trying to force a draw.

Unfortunatly the rule was, that the winner is, who took the Obj. first, but we have had a chance to gain VPs from peeling Biondo´s corps. But then, how Samuel had operated? Threatening from NE or staying back to protect the french LOP?

Sometime ago we talked about a campaign in several sessions. I'm reading this campaign rules https://didier-rouy.webs.com/levoldelaigle1815.htm and also have https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9476/larmee-du-nord-belgian-campaign than can be easily played with Zucker's Campaigns of Napoleon rules...just an idea....

Biondo actually has already worked out a lot regarding a campaign concept. I think your contribution and ideas would be very appreciated to may optmize an appropriate procedure.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:15:23 PM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »
Well asalex, I think I also have some load of luck because the terrain helped me hiding by your troops. At a certain point I saw some Brunswick's flags between two hills and this game is so immersive that I found myself ducking on my chair to avoid to be seen by you...

Jakmin made a bid with my movement and it works very very well. Sandman realized that I didn't passed between him and Neil in the centre only when he looked the replay.

Of course, if you catch me immediately it would been a completely different battle.

You learned about scouting in the worst (or best?) possible way. I. don't think it'll happens to you again.

About the recon phase, I'm happy you liked it :howdy, of course there are things to improve. Yesterday was the very first test and I think it add some spice to our battles, also giving the possibility to the commanders to deploy their forces before the battle start.

I already saw Le vol de l'aigle game and I was really tempted to buy it but then, time...work... :'(

I already made a set of rule for a future campaign, we'll start a campaign test when I'll release the v9 of our mod.
I tried to make the campaign as simple as possible because if I had to manage, I need it in that way (time, work...) but I dream someday to be able to run a campaign following a more complete set of rules as those you posted.

I'll make a post here with a link to the campaign rules I made so everyone can see them and maybe contribute with his ideas.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4554
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    ***June 16th 1815, 10:30 AM Battle of Ath*** Wednesday 26/01/2022 at 21:00 GMT

Started by Biondo

Replies: 2
    Views: 1238
    Last post January 26, 2022, 05:45:55 PM
    by Colbert
    How to restart / restore a multiplayer game.

Started by Asid

Replies: 4
    Views: 6359
    Last post January 10, 2019, 10:52:49 AM
    by General Sandman
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10493
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 25.05.18 at 20.00 GMT