Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII  (Read 238 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII
« on: July 29, 2020, 12:34:40 PM »

Operation Citadel is a turn-based WWII themed 2D game in which you can play against a friend, the AI or follow one of the campaigns. You can also use the in-game tile editor and unit editor to come up with something else if you'd like !

Steam
Steam forum
YouTube
Manual

Single-player, Shared/Split Screen PvP

Operation Citadel

About

Operation Citadel is an hex tile 2D top-down game that takes place during World War II in Europe mostly. Pacific theatre will come later (US/Japan).

But you can also do what you want using the tile + unit editor, and turn the game into something else (Napoleonic era war-game, medieval war-game) as long as you are willing to make the units and the tiles, you can then share them with everyone.

This is my first project, I am working on it alone, I did everything myself except for the in-game wallpaper and the tiles that is my brother's work.

You can play for any of the 22 countries (Majors + minors, right now minors have generic units, but im planning on adding what I can when I have time. By minors I mean Luxembourg, Sweden, Finland etc. France and Poland are considered as Majors).

The total number of different unit is over 420 !

Each unit has XP and a level. Every time your unit level up, its characteristics are improved a little and when reaching lvl 5 the unit will receive a hero (Heroes give some more bonuses to the unit).

Make your own scenario using the-easy-to use in-game scenario editor. Or even make your own campaign !

Play your favorites battles from the European theater of World War II.

There is no multiplayer (LAN or online). To play with a friend, you need to be playing on the same computer. Sending the save file works in case you can't meet up with your friend.

Little note to all : I am 21 and I have been programming and using unity only for a year, please judge accordingly :)

I am really dedicated and will fix bugs really quickly if you find any.

If you have ANY questions regarding the game or the creation process, or any tips or concerns, basically anything you want to tell me, go ahead, I'll gladly read your message. You can find different ways to contact me in the early access section of the page (email / insta).

I am realizing more and more every day that I have just a ton of work and stuff to do. So I am asking to you all, if there are volunteers, willing to help make the campaign, that would be with pleasure. You can do everything using the in game editor. Just so I can work on other things that are also time consuming, and working alone is hard because I have to make choice what to work on all the time. So if you feel like you'd like to be part of this project and give a hand sometimes, join the discord, message me, ill explain you everything ! :)

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 12:37:12 PM »

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:38:39 PM »
Operation Citadel - Scenario Editor - TUTORIAL

This is a little video tutorial on how to use the map/scenario editor

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »
Operation Citadel - Unit Editor / sprite customization - TUTORIAL

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 01:09:58 AM »
Update #73
Thu, July 30

WORKSHOP !

- Added : Workshop compatibility and mod manager in game !

For now, only maps can be uploaded / downloaded and used with the workshop.

I'll make it possible soon to upload units, countries and musics and tiles etc.
I just needed to start with something easy !

For any content downloaded in the workshop, it will be merged automatically upon game launch with the base game content. You will see a message informing you of the success of the operation when loading it all. I'll write a guide for how to make / upload and download any mod. You can actually already do it if you want I wrote instructions right inside the mod manager. I will also make a video that I will post on youtube.

It is IMPORTANT to be connected to INTERNET and TO STEAM at ALL TIME. Otherwise it won't work.
Basically, workshop content isn't available offline.

Hope you'll like this update !

Cheers

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 11:30:51 PM »
Update #74
Fri, 31 July 2020

Workshop update, more content submittable

- Added : Mod support for musics, and custom units / countries + replacing graphics for units.
- Added : A loading bar for the upload process to the workshop.
- Added : A loading bar for loading the downloaded workshop content into the game upon launch.

- Change : Relook of the mod manager.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 11:40:13 PM »
Update #75
Sat, 1 August 2020

More workshop content AND great tools for modders

- Added : Tiles support for the workshop. You can now upload your custom tiles just like you upload your units. Graphics and data alike.

- Added : Customization of the main menu wallpaper. When creating your mod directory you will see a "wallpapers" folder, just drop your images there (1920 x 1080) and they will be randomly changed every time you open the game !

- Added : Generate tile / unit template for every single tile / unit in the game. This is a life saver for modders. Don't thank me. As you know, to replace a unit or a tile's texture in the game you need to create a PNG that is of a special tile and has a special name. Well no need for this anymore my friends. In the mod manager, there are 2 new buttons that will allow you to create a template for every single tile or every single units INSTANTLY. The only thing left to do actually is to open the template, place your new graphics and save.

THATS IT. IMO this is going to save hundred of hours of work ...

- Added : A hide UI button in the map editor. F10 is the shortcut.

- Fix : Some minor UI tweaks.

Enjoy !

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 01:45:09 AM »
Update #76
Sun 02 Aug

- Added : Generals ! You've been asking for this (HQ kind of thing), well here it is. They are units just like others, but their mechanics is different. They can't attack / retaliate / surrender. They are only giving bonuses to friendlies around them. Their range as stat is not the range they can attack but the range they will give the bonuses. Their stats (Armour, Air, hard and soft attack values also are their bonuses).
Now this all means, let's say you have a general on the board that has 10 hard attack, 5 armour and a range of 5, your general will give a +5 defense armour, and a +10 hard attack to ALL friendly units within a radius of 5 tiles. That simple.
- Added : Heinz Guderian, Erwin Rommel, Erich von Manstein, Hermann Goring, George S. Patton, Dwight D. Eiseinhower, Bernard Montgomery, Georgy Zhukov.
- Added : Rename any unit in the map editor. Left click on the unit on the board, and an input field will appear on the left. This allow you to edit the unit's name and rename it by "14th panzer division" or whatever you need it to be called for your scenario !
- Added : 3 new achievements. Kill a general, subscribe to a mod, and upload a mod.

- Change : UI tweaks.
- Change : Remade all USSR infantry helmets.

- Fix : Loading a save wasn't working.
- Fix : City names were getting super small when zooming in close, now they have a minimum size.
- Fix : Retaliation not working in some cases.
- Fix : You could rename a save a give it no name at all, which would render the save infindable later on because it has no name.

- Removed : Kubelwagen, Jeep MB units (As they are needed for the generals units, I don't want you to get confused by which is a general and which is a recon unit, I just removed them as recon units).

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 12:16:02 AM »
Update #77
Mon, 3 August 2020

New units, new map, new generals

- Added : Battle of the Bulge map.
- Added : In the unit editor, a commander filter so only commanders appear in the list of units.
- Added : Adolf Hitler, Gerd von Rundstedt, Sepp Dietrich, Hasso von Manteuffel, Walter Model, Omar Bradley, Alexander Patch, William Hood Simpson, Courtney Hodges (All generals that took part of the battle of the Bulge basically).
- Added : Panzergrenadier(42), Volkssturm(44), Marines(41).
- Added : 1 new achievement : Desperate war (Buy 1 volkssturm unit in the campaign).
- Added : Possibility to edit the victory and defeat text in the map editor.

- Fix : Intro next not being saved in the map editor.

Cheers

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 01:08:24 AM »
Update #78
Wed, 5 August 2020

- Added : Operation Overlord remade scenario. It's now bigger, and more focused on the d-day itself than freeing the whole country in 1 go.
- Added : new generals : Miles Dempsey, Bertram Ramsay, Arthur Tedder, Erich Raeder, Hans von Salmuth, Friedrich Dollmann, Hugo Sperrle.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 03:27:29 AM »
Update #79
Thu, 6 August 2020

- Added : Messerschmitt 163, Sukhoi, CANT Z.1007, 20mm Breda, 75mm M15, 105mm Mle 1919, 65mm Mle 1906, Blenheim Mk. IV.

- Added : Fedor von Bock, Gunther von Kluge, Tadeusz Kutrzeta,Hermann Hoth, Aleksandr Vasilevsky, Waclaw Stachiewicz, Konstantin Rokossovsky, Nikolai Vatutin, Draza Mihailovic, Semyon Timoshenko, Alexander Novikov, Friedrich Paulus, Albert Kesselring, Edward Rydz-Smigly, Douglas MacArthur, Chester W. Nimitz.

- Change : Generals can now be bought during a NON campaign scenario/map, but only ONCE. Meaning if they die, they die, you can't buy them again. Same for the AI of course.

- Change : Made good improvements to the map of Europe.

- Removed : Europe BLANK map. You can always just make a copy of Europe 1939 or edit it directly, no need for twice the same map.
GAME
Operation Citadel

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 01:01:45 AM »
Making a new Eastern front map :) Smaller, more interesting to play on

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2020, 02:21:38 AM »
Update #80
Fri, 7 August 2020

New eastern front map : over 360 cities

- Added : A brand new eastern front map. This one is 148 x 115. The dimension will make it way more enjoyable to play on, and require less units on the board. It's not too small, but it's not too big ! I placed over 350 cities.

- Added : Sd. Kfz. 250-9, Sd. Kfz. 223, Fokker DXXI, Morane-Saulnier MS406, Italian paratroopers,105mm mle 1913, Potez 630, 25mm CA mle 39, Breda 20/85, TACAM T-60, 75mm Resita model 1943, Maresal, TACAM R-2, IAR-80, IAR-39.

- Added : Petro Badoglio, Rodolfo Grazioni, Ugo Cavallero, Angelo Iachino, Rino Corso Fougier.

- Fix : Custom sprites were too small upon importation.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 11:20:09 PM »
Update #81
Mon, 10 August 2020

- Added : Operation Bagration as a scenario.

- Fix : Various stuff, I forgot what. Ah, something with ground generals giving like bonuses to planes which they should not be getting mostly.

Operation Tight Squeeze A.A.R.

Started by AsidBoard Mission Discussion/AAR's

Replies: 0
Views: 1744
Last post December 10, 2014, 08:44:34 PM
by Asid
Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star

Started by AsidBoard Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star

Replies: 1
Views: 9075
Last post March 09, 2015, 10:11:46 PM