Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII  (Read 34133 times)

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2020, 02:04:40 AM »
Operation Citadel is available on iPhone / iPad !
Tue, September 22, 2020

Good day everyone !

I hope you are doing great. I am not too bad myself. Last couple of hours have been quite rough due to a fix for the mobile version.

As the title suggests, the game is now available on mobile / tablets (AppStore) at a price of 6.99USD !

Link : https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/operation-citadel/id1532682161?ign-mpt=uo%3D2

I have been less active on the desktop version because I was wrapping up the mobile version :)

What does the mobile version include ? Everything ! Except the mod manager / steam workshop.
Unit editor ? Yes, for tweaking stats only.
Tile editor ? Yes, for tweaking stats only.
Map editor ? YES, for anything you want !

Otherwise, you have full access to all campaigns, and all custom maps I made !
If being asked to bring over to mobile some nice maps from the workshop, I totally can do that, so don't be afraid :D

I hope you will be happy with this news, I myself am really excited about it, and really happy I will be able to play some OC in the bus in the morning when going to school or in the train, or in the plane when going back home !

About android, I don't know if or when the game will be ported. I tried yesterday, but the platform is complex and I am unsure to be willing to spend that much time and effort just to port it on there.
So everything I can say is for now, it's not sure at all.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2020, 02:04:46 PM »
Fri, 25 September 2020

- Change : The way paratroopers are drop. Now directly under them when you press the button.
- Change : Naval planes can spot naval mines.
- Change : AI is more clever when attacking units.
- Change : AI boats are now more active.
- Change : fog of war and infinite ammo/fuel are not being reset every time the game opens anymore.

- Fix : Naval mines turning into grass after they blew up.
- Fix : Was showing the truck or horse or half track icon when in train.
- Fix : HP above 100 wouldn’t be shown in the second unit info window.
- Fix : Wrong stats with units when loading a save.
- Fix : Previous / Next unit including whatever the heck it is including in the list.

I have been working on the Android version of the game, it's all good, I am just waiting Google to review the build and I'll post an event with the play store link :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2020, 01:57:44 PM »
Sun, 27 September 2020

- Added : Fullscreen/Windowed option in the settings (@Makran70).

- Change : ZIS 2 stats, PaK40 stats, 87 Ju G attack sound., 88mm damage, Elefant, Tiger II, Tiger I, jagdanther, StuH42 stats.
- Change : Remade Eastern front 1943 map.
- Change : Unit deal -15 damage when fighting from a bridge.

- Fix : AI freeze due to the latest update code modifications. (@Robert)
- Fix : Trench tile pointing up had a different green colour from others.
- Fix : Naval planes didn’t spot mines properly.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2020, 01:58:26 PM »
Sun, 27 September 2020

- Change : All stuka air attack stats (Lower).
- Change : Added a max frame rate on all devices (60FPS in game, 30FPS in the menu). To maximize battery life and help with performances (Could run at over 200 FPS).
- Change : Musics and sounds are now being streamed, not loaded into the RAM anymore, meaning way faster loading times, and less RAM consumption. (-300MB)

- Fix : If plane is idle, it could go in minus autonomy after reaching 0.
- Fix : Retreat with 0 fuel.
- Fix : Map to edit not being reset when going back to main menu.
- Fix : Money somehow being randomly added when saving / loading (by the amount of income per turn).
- Fix : Recon bonus not being applied when the recon unit is located on the tile of the unit supposed to get the bonus (ex : ground unit with recon unit above it).
- Fix : Planes getting the hill attack modifier.
- Fix : Planes getting the bridge attack modifier.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2020, 11:49:26 PM »
Mon, 28 September 2020

The high MP unit's lag is now gone.

- Change : Big up to @CrazyStewie, redditor of r/Unity3D who accepted to help me fixing my previous algorithm for units to show their potential path. We have a brand new one, this time the units are using breadth first ! This cut the time to generate the path by ... Phew ... 100 times ? This is just instant. Remember that good ol' Me 262 that took 3 good seconds to show you every tile he could go to ? This is over now, it's INSTANT. Now we all say thank you @CrazyStewie !

- Fix : Money duplication again.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 11:51:06 PM »
OC is available on Android !
Mon, 28 September 2020

Heyyy

Finally, 5 days after I sent the app for review, google accepted it on the play store !
It shows 9$ on the screenshot because I am in CANADIAN dollars.
Game is cheaper in USD.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valentinstudio.OperationCitadel

Have fun !

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2020, 02:33:08 PM »
Wed, 30 September 2020

UNDO BUTTON + AI improvements and MORE

- Added : Undo button (FINALLYYYYY).

- Change : You can’t spawn your own units at allies cities anymore. Not really realistic. Rules apply to the AI too.
- Change : Made factories, refineries and capitals produce more money per turn.
- Change : AI units garrisoned on harbours can leave their garrison if close enough to an enemy VP (AI).
- Change : AI will now deploy its units based on if there are enemies around his victory points. Expect tougher resistance.
- Change : CANT Z had way too powerful stats (OS submarines, thanks @Robert).
- Change : Gave more money to the US to start with in the Pacific scenario since they only have a few processions in the pacific meaning really low income.
- Change : Show allies money.
- Change : AI planes aren’t allowed to go over victory points cause they’re useless above them since they can’t attack the unit inside it.
- Change : Code optimization.
- Change : Order in which AI buys and resupply the units. Will now resupply its units before buying new ones.
- Change : Made time go faster in all Europe maps (7 days per turn instead of 5).

- Fix : When resupplying a unit, really rarely, it could happen that the unit would have more HP than it is supposed to have (I saw a case of 190 HP).
- Fix : Notifications showing for allied faction (like their unit being low HP).
- Fix : When playing against a human player, the AI would play in the background when the panel that tells you to make a save is popping up.
- Fix : One instance of AI freeze.

- Removed : Useless achievements of conquering Italy since the map has been removed itself.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2020, 03:11:06 AM »
Thu, 1 October 2020

- Change : Being in a train doesn’t remove any fuel anymore.
- Change : Planes can now refuel / resupply even during rainy weather.
- Change : AI plays faster.
- Change : AI now deploys its units just enough to have more units than you. It’s not gonna spawn like 5 units if there are only 1 of you around its VP, it will spawn 2 only.

- Fix : Unit under plane that does UNDO button disappear for 1 turn.
- Fix : AI was buying units before resupplying the ones it already has.
- Fix : Captured units when switching to train / boat would disappear (graphical bug).
- Fix : When the unit had 0 ammo, it would still show normal potential damage.
- Fix : When upgrading a unit, the unit would keep its previous fuel values (@EvilMustDie).
- Fix : AA would show potential damage over planes during rainy weather.
- Fix : When in train, the resupply buttons would show.
- Fix : AI didn’t resupply its units.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2020, 02:14:15 AM »
Fri, 2 October 2020

- Added : Destroyer, Battleship, recon plane, fighter plane, artillery and submarine to Sweden.

- Change : AI will focus the defence of major VPs over normal VPs.
- Change : change the number of days that goes by on the eastern front maps (5 days per turn instead of 3).

- Fix : AI leaves its VP
- Fix : Recon plane shouldn’t be giving recon attack bonus if it’s raining.
- Fix : If you resupply, you can’t undo.
- Fix : If you capture a city, you can’t undo
- Fix : Sweden units used old graphics.
- Fix : AI didn’t wait after it attacked.
- Fix : CAS / Bombers making bomb sound when attacking another plane.
- Fix : AI could put options on generals (veteran).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2020, 02:27:31 PM »
Sun, 4 October 2020

- Added : Max frame limit in the settings (for people who have 144Hz screen).

- Change : To all boats + 4 MP.
- Change : Can’t deploy troops to a VP you just captured. You now need to wait 1 turn. This is to prevent instant blitzkrieg on a country, or taking VPs just buy spawning units on them. I felt it was like cheating and somewhat unrealistic.
- Change : More clouds during rain / snowstorm.
- Change : Junker 88 had visibility of 2.
- Change : HUGE code optimization on the AI’s pathfiding, it is now instant for him to find the path. NO MORE LAGS WHEN AI IS PLAYING (Thanks @CrazyStewie ONCE AGAIN for fixing my broken code !!!)
- Change : Same optimization with the supply line, I implemented the same algorithm there. So 100 times faster too, no more lag at all when displaying it, regardless of the distance its gotta generate.
- Change : Same optimization for when you click on the tile to move. Well it never lagged before, like ever, but say you have 100 MP and you click on a tile that is over 100 tiles away, it would have lagged to calculate the path of the unit to follow. Anyway. NO. MORE. LAG. Due to bad optimization.
- Change : Almost all movement sounds (@Harley).
- Change : Some attack sounds.

- Fix : When upgrading a captured unit to a unit of your country, the graphics would disappear. (@Robert) due to the country not being updated when upgrading.
- Fix : Tiles being added twice in the deployment list of tiles, making some tiles be less transparent / more white than others.
- Fix : Can’t UNDO after resupplying another ship with a ship.
- Fix : Plane being deselected when its fuel = 0.
- Fix : No sound when CAS / bomber attack another plane.

- Removed : AI radius limit in the settings, no need for that anymore !

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2020, 11:44:19 PM »
Mon, 5 October 2020

- Change : When planes are empty of fuel they only can’t attack anymore and move at 50% speed.
- Change : AI pathfinding algorithm, AI should less follow the same path when playing a lot of units. Meaning they won’t stay one behind another for like 10 km like it previously did, they will try to go on the side when possible now.
- Change : Percentage of what units the AI buys. It is now weighted and not totally random.
- Change : Order in which the AI plays its units. It was “random” before, like he was playing units after units in the order which the units were bought in the making of the map, now the AI will follow the following pattern : Play planes first, then recon units, then boats then artillery , then infantry and tank, then finally generals.

- Fix : AI’s behaviour with harbours / landing etc. Thanks again to @crazyStewie for fixing my broken code !
- Fix : AI moving -1 tile than its max.
- Fix : Possibly fixed ALL instances of AI units overlapping. This issue has been laying around probably well since the beginning of the game and I came upon that bit of code only today not even looking for it.
- Fix : AI units embarking in boats for no reason / when they couldn’t leave the harbour.
- Fix : AI couldn’t buy boats (since a very, very, very long time).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2020, 02:55:41 AM »
Sat, 10 October 2020

- Change : The attack bonus coming from recon units isn’t being added ON TOP of the total damage, but included in the damage calculation.Thus. avoiding having 2 recon units next to each other, being able to deal 5 damage against an IS3 or a Tiger II.
- Change : AI plays faster.
- Change : Made resupply % / distance more expensive, as it seemed you could always resupply with high supply rate coming in to your unit, even when super far from a city (now you will get twice less).
- Change : AI will now not walk / inadvertently capture neutral cities and declare war not on purpose.
- Change : AI sitting one major VP harbour will leave its defensive position to start a landing if he is surrounded by allied units. If he is surrounded by allies, it means he is not threatened by any enemy attack, and units are simply stacking so it’s better to free up the space.
- Change : All artillery damage reduced by 50%.
- Change : Removed the artillery damage based on distance rule. Now its always the same damage.
- Change : Armoured units now deal 75 % of their damage vs troops in cities, 50 % was too low and resulted in 0 damage most of the time.
- Change : Applied mipmap textures for tiles.
- Change : Changed units and factions on the Europe 1939 map (more neutral, especially minors).
- Change : Neutral countries will declare war automatically upon reached date at which they declared war in real life (If Romania is neutral, it will automatically declare war on the allies on the 6th June 41)
- Change : Popup windows don’t automatically delete themselves anymore. I figured it was better to leave it to the player to delete them.
- Change : Germany if played by AI will attack neutral powers. Only Germany.
- Change : Current HP of the captured unit aren’t set to 1 anymore. It will keep the HP it had when captured.
- Change : Improved AI boats.
- Change : AI needs to have at least enough money to resupply his units before he can buy new units.

- Fix : Instance of AI overlapping units (AGAIN).
- Fix : Neutral AI bought and placed units it seems.
- Fix : When moving with artillery more than 1 tile and doing UNDO, you would not get back the possibility to attack.
- Fix : When playing with damage modifier ON, when the modifier is negative, it would actually add HP to the unit (@Lorne)
- Fix : You could deploy troops on mountain tiles.
- Fix : When AI was playing and attacked with 1 unit and on this unit’s tile there were 2 units, the unit attacking would show up and the other unit on the same tile would not disappear, visual glitch.
- Fix : Henschel 126 recon plane had 10 air damage, same for ANF Mureaux.
- Fix : AI buying supply boats even though he doesn’t own boats.
- Fix : Hero bonuses weren’t added in the selected unit’s stats box.
- Fix : Train could capture VPs.
- Fix : 1 Australian tank (Stuart) had no sprite.
- Fix : AI not moving its units at all when the VP is surrounded by your units. (Meaning no path is available to it).
- Fix : Instance of AI freeze, I think that was the last one. I am going to let the game run the whole night or at least a couple of hours check if AI never freeze.

Honestly, I don't know if I should have named this version 1.6.0 or 1.5.2.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2020, 01:40:35 AM »
Official youtube channel
Sat, 10 October 2020

Hi everyone :)

A few days ago I created a new youtube channel for the game, previously I was using my own personal channel, I decided it would be good to have a separate one :)

Here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMq2he5LtC5Sg5qcfy8y9g?view_as=subscriber

I'll mostly play the game there, don't think I'll do videos while I'm programming, I mean I could but I'm afraid there are developpers out there that are gonna yell at my code, so :))

On my way to record some more now ! If you're interested, it would be with pleasure for me to see you subscribe :)

PS : If there are some of you that have the knowledge on how to do proper recording with a mac, please let me know. I am currently using my phone as a microphone and recording the screen separately. I don't know any application that would record my voice + screen + sound from the computer, if you could help me with that, I would greatly appreciate it !

Have a good day !

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2020, 01:49:57 AM »
Sun, 11 October 2020

- Change : Mortar won’t do 15 damage to armoured vehicles anymore.
- Change : Mortar damage changed a bit.
- Change : All infantry hard damage stats., they have now way less.
- Change : Infantry now ignores completely armour.
- Change : Engineers now have a +15 damage modifier vs troops in trench tiles.
- Change : Less planes bought by the AI, and more boats / infantry / artillery. They previously had a 30 % rate total.

- Fix : Units died instantly after you captured then deployed them.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2020, 02:49:23 AM »
Wed, 14 October 2020

Lot of stuff

- Added : Weather option in the settings. You can toggle ON or OFF the weather (Rainy / snowy). Meant to help with poor performance on older devices. Or for those who don’t want to have rain / snow.
- Added : Generic units for Turkey and Spain.

- Change : Recon unit bonus coming from having an allied recon units AROUND the enemy. Before, it was the recon unit around our unit attacking.
- Change : Various code optimization.
- Change : Map opening optimization, units sounds aren’t loaded anymore per unit. Now, sound will be streamed when needed / loaded when needed. Before, ALL units on the map were loading and caching both move and attack sound (saving 400 ms on the Europe map).
- Change : Reduced RAM usage on mobile (around 200 MB).
- Change : Netherlands infantry helmets.
- Change : Camera height limit to 150 on mobile, that’s a try to fix potential crashes for people who have them on the Europe map. Let me know if this solved it ! Thanks !
- Change : Smaller NATO counters.
- Change : Recon units don’t get an attack bonus from other recon units.
- Change : Remove fog of war auto ON and infinite ammo / fuel auto ON on campaign scenarios on mobile (no achievements there).
- Change : Boats can now resupply like normal units (Figured I would make the change since the algorithm has been greatly improved, and the AI seemed to never go back to the harbour to resupply, so). Resupply ships still are a thing and will be useful to be sure your boats can get supplies, since their supply route can be plundered / blockaded really easily

- Fix : Units in trains can’t get ou even on cities.
- Fix : On mobile, quick game player slots were getting inside the side of the container.
- Fix : Player settings not loaded properly on mobile.
- Fix : AI buying horsed motorized artillery.
- Fix : When playing more than one country with NATO counters ON, it would not actualize the colour when doing next turn.
- Fix : Objectives panel was under the UI (Buttons).
- Fix : No click sound when clicking the NATO button.
- Fix : Attacking neutral units wouldn’t make the country declare war on you (ex: Poland in 1939).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Slitherine’s Command: the wargame transforming operational simulation

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2325
    Last post December 03, 2018, 03:01:42 PM
    by Asid
    Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!

Started by Strela

Replies: 0
    Views: 1922
    Last post May 04, 2019, 01:09:17 AM
    by Strela
    Magnificent Six Wild West Adventure 2D turnbased gunfight game

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 3
    Views: 2785
    Last post August 07, 2017, 07:50:14 PM
    by Asid
    Strategic Command WWII War in Europe