Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII  (Read 35350 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2021, 11:32:59 PM »
Sun, May 16, 2021

- Change : Added a few tiles to the left on the Leningrad41 map so that all the sea would be connected.
- Change : Unit’s history text. If it is a plane it will now be written “Shot down X”, if it is a ship it will be written “Sunk X”.
- Change : Having paratroopers dropped now make them gain experience. So, for every drop they will be more experienced :)
- Change : Junkers 88 had way too high air damage for a bomber.
- Change : I wanted to have experienced unit more “useful” than just being with more HP. So I came up with an idea. Every level will allow the unit to ignore 5% of the enemy’s armour. So if your unit is lvl 5, it will ignore 25% of the other unit’s armour :)
- Change : Updated all T-34s hard damage (were too low) and armour (also too low).
- Change : AI will pull out his ships out from the fight if it has less than 30% HP.
- Change : AI will keep his ships around the harbours to finish the repairs (> 90% HP).
- Change : Italy 1943 changes.
- Change : Panzer III N and M sprite.

- Fix : Bug with commander ranks would be updated after being shown in the end of scenario UI.
- Fix : Overwriting save wouldn’t work, it would create a new one every time.
- Fix : Europe 1943 was missing on android.
- Fix : An AA from faction A would support an aircraft from faction B.
- Fix : Issues with the AI and landings (yay, again). This was a very major bug that I didn’t notice before now but had a serious impact on gameplay. Basically the AI mostly wasn’t performing any landing.
- Fix : You couldn’t close the create faction panel.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2021, 11:33:31 PM »
Sun, May 16, 2021

So, after my live today I noticed a few issues
That I patched right after :)
Well and also started with the ideas some of the viewers had ! ;D Cheers to @Ervin and @Don Cossack for your ideas :)

- Added : S-26, S-38 and S-100 gunboat to Germany.

- Change : Leningrad41 modifications, again.
- Change : Enemies will now have an impact on the supply line. Any enemy adjacent to a tile where the supply line is going will do -10% of supplies.
- Change : Subs can now attack units on the ground (50% of their hard damage).
- Change : All KVs stats have been changed (improved).

- Fix : Issue with loading next scenario in campaign when continuing a save that had 2 human players.
- Fix : AI could mountaineer any ground unit.
- Fix : Automatically surrendering units not giving money when you reached the max amount of core units.
- Fix : Fighter attacking for 1 damage instead of taking on planes.
- Fix : TAB switching ground air view after defensive fire.
- Fix : Looping through units with sleeping units not counting.
- Fix : Units on a village will not get supplies from their village if it is not worth it anymore.
- Fix : Annoying clic sound when selecting a unit.
- Fix : Freeze if you had not steam running while walking on a mine.
- Fix : Units didn’t retreat to anti tank fire.
- Fix : AIs ground units would move towards ship even though they can’t attack ships from the land.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2021, 11:34:12 PM »
Mon, May 17, 2021

- Added : 1 AA to Belgium, 2 AA to Slovakia and 2 to Finland.
- Added : BK 1124 and BK 1125 gunboats to USSR.

- Change : Removed the major victory points from the RSG because it was not working properly.
- Change : Europe 1941.
- Change : Europe 1943.
- Change : Operation Edelweiss campaign scenario.
- Change : Low Countries campaign scenario.

- Fix : I broke planes doing damage to ships sorry with yesterday's update sorry
- Fix : UI issue in the map editor on mobile.
- Fix : You could launch the map generation even with no faction for players resulting in well little errors.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2021, 11:34:18 PM »
Mon, May 17, 2021

- Added : Panzer I A, T 26, BA-6, BT-5, I-15 and I-16, Panzer IV H, StuG III G, Me 109 E, Junkers 87 A, CR 32 Falco, Ha 112, Tupolev SB and SM 79, M1937 45 mm, 76.2mm M31, 105mm Vickers M22, 37mm M1930, 122mm M10/30 and Renault FT-17 8 mm to Spain.

- Change : Bunkers, Coastal batteries, RADARs and mines have new sprites.
- Change : 3.7cm AA German sprite.
- Change : Panzer III N, IV G and III J romanian sprite.
- Change : All Vichy France sprites.
- Change : Not giving th rd nd suffixes to RADARs, bunkers, coastal batteries supply depots mines etc anymore.
- Change : Stug III A and G sprite for germany.

- Fix : RADAR icons being shown over your own units when AI was playing.

- Removed : All generic units for Spain.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2021, 11:34:28 PM »
18 May 2021

- Added : Partisans to Spain.
- Added : Shortcuts / keybindings for resupplying men, fuel, ammo and both.
- Added : Custom countries and units to the RSN.

- Fix : UI showing stuff because mouse was going through UI.
- Fix : Broken AI with radars and surface radars. He wouldn’t detect anything.
- Fix : AI was resupplying its ground units in transport ships from the sea.
- Fix : Australias units graphics were outdated.
- Fix : Various broken unit stats.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2021, 11:47:11 PM »
Wed, May 19, 2021

In this update I worked on 2 major things, the camera tracking issues with the AI, and the lags experienced while AI was playing. I reduced the lags by a lot, and I fixed the camera flying in all directions. It wasn’t a bug, just not optimal coding. I hope less of you will get sick while playing the game and watching the AI play !

- Added : Automatic supplies button in the order of battle. This is a feature that has been long asked. This is a toggle that you can … toggle, and when its gonna be on ON for the unit you selected, when you are going to press the end of turn button, for all the units that have auto supplies, the supply line will be calculated and they will be resupplied in order, starting by the unit that is the most expensive (I thought this made sense since you want your most badass unit to be prioritised with supplies).
- Added : Mustang P-51B and P-51D and SAAB 21, Bristol Bulldog to Sweden.
- Added : Reinforcement tiles to Operation Barbarossa North.

- Change : Ships will deal less damage to ground units.
- Change : Improved AI’s algorithm efficiency. It should run smoother and faster.

- Fix : Camera following AI moves. No more fuzzy / dizzy camera moves.
- Fix : Artillery providing supportive fire when plane gets attacked.
- Fix : Getting shot by supportive fire after the unit you attacked retreated and went near a unit that could not originally be triggered but was triggered because the unit you attacked retreated near it (Got it ?).

Someone also asked to have a pre path visualisation, I worked on that too, I got it 75% working, still not perfect but im not happy with the results so far so ill work on it more another day.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2021, 11:48:18 PM »
Thu, May 20, 2021

This update will be called the quick2respond update.

Why ? Because a Steam user by the nickname of quick2respond has written the 90th review for the game, and he didn’t write 3 words. For all the kind words and because his idea was good, I thought hey, I could make that guy happy, just like he did to me by writing this review ! So here is the quick2respond update, which adds a single feature, I’m calling “quick2respond setting”.
I decided to name the setting after the guy’s nickname because, well hell I can ! I do what I want :D
This game isn’t MY game, it’s OUR game, so many of you already contributed with your ideas, and your testing, that I feel this is the least I can do !

Anyway, what does this feature do ? First, you can turn it ON in the settings, under MISCELLANEOUS.
What it does is simple, it replaces the name of the units by more generic names. So, it will rename the Tiger I Ausf. E to “Heavy tank battalion”. And so on :)

And then you combined this with the new naming system I recently implemented and you get stuff like : “54th light infantry division” or “5th heavy fighter squadron” or even “32nd armoured heavy artillery”.
All that automatically without you having to rename the stuff yourself, it keeps count of everything, it’s just immersion!

So, yeah, thought it would be cool for him and for probably many of you that wanted more immersion while playing with your NATO counters ! Talking about them … I am planning on making a complete revamp, so, yeah :)

Have fun !

- Added : Škoda Š-I-d T-32, Renault R-35, Renault FT-17 8 and 37 mm to Yugoslavia.
- Added : Dewoitine D. 510, Caudron C.714, Romano R.90, Loire L-46.C1 to France.
- Added : 7.5 cm Pak 97/38 to Germany.

- Change : Re did all Vichy France graphics and units stats.

- Fix : Some more units stats.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2021, 11:40:41 PM »
Sun, May 23, 2021

- Added : End of turn confirmation on mobile.
- Added : Gunboat for Poland.

- Change : updated Operation Weserburung scenario.

- Fix : Planes getting an extra 1 visibility when moving on top of hills (caused by previous fixes).
- Fix : Campaign couldn’t be loaded because of a null exception (due to changes I made yesterday) This bug applied to all campaign saves PRIOR to 5.1.15.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2021, 11:21:35 PM »
Mon, May 24, 2021

- Added : PaK 4.7 cm (t), Sd. Kfz. 250/10 and Sd. Kfz. 250/11 for Germany.
- Added : Lockheed Hudson for Canada, GB, Australia and the US.

- Change : Eastern Front 1941 map changes.
- Change : Panzerjager I, Bofors 40 mm, Panzer IV F1 and leFH18, Amiot 143 graphics.
- Change : Bristol Beaufighter to fighter category instead of light bomber.
- Change : You could spawn coastal batteries even with enemies around the victory points.
- Change : You can now resupply catapult able planes on aircraft carriers.

- Fix : Rank never going up in campaigns.
- Fix : Aircraft carriers not resupplying planes anymore.
- Fix : One instance of AI crash when trying to deploy units.

AI should be really fine now, I let it play against himself on a huge map for 35 turns, no issues. So we’re good :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2021, 11:21:41 PM »
Tue, May 25, 2021

- Added : 2 new booleans for the unit editor : is launch site and is missile. This is for modders.

- Change : Bombing a unit with strategic bombers will now make the unit lose 1 level of entrenchment.
- Change : Campaign of France scenario changes, important historical inaccuracies in the OOB.
- Change : Tactical bombers cannot take on fighters anymore, just as strategic bombers they will now only defend themselves against other fighters.
- Change : seFH18, 17 cm kanone 18, 21 cm Morser 17 graphics.
- Change : Winter will last until end of march / beginning of april.
- Change : Neutral controlled countries (humans) can now create the faction of their choice and therefore join the Axis / Allies. Just create a new faction and name it "Allies" or "Axis" and you'll be with the others.
- Change : Reduced difficulty of Operation Sonnenblume when playing as the Allies.

- Fix : Panzer IV F1 and Panzer III H present on the campaign of france scenario.
- Fix : You could go to Operation Husky as the soviets in the soviet campaign after completing Kursk.
- Fix : Slovakia didn't have a train sprite.
- Fix : Aachen not belonging to Germany in the low countries campaign AND on the Europe 1939 quick game.
- Fix : On europe 1941, Satu Mare and Baia Mare belonged to Romania instead of Hungary.
- Fix : Deployment issues with V1s and V2s and naval planes.
- Fix : Not all tiles turning to winter version on some maps.
- Fix : AI bombers weren’t attacking both units AND the tile when bombing. Only the human player was attacking both unit and tile when bombing. Now both are.
- Fix : Suffixes were overwriting core units. Now, core units will not be automatically renamed anymore.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2021, 11:48:47 PM »
5.2.0 - Research !
Wed, 26 May 2021

- Added : Research option. Why is it such a big update ? Because this will totally change the way you play the game ! (I mean, a lot, right). First of, this won’t be available for campaigns simply because it doesn’t make sense since there is no turn limit and you could simply be farming technologies. So, back to research. When starting a scenario you will be granted with X number of research points. This number is based on the total number of units a country has in the database of units. This is so that it is scaled for everyone, and so that the more units you have in total, the more research points you will get. Because if Sweden was starting with 5 research points they would research everything quite quickly since they have very few units ! You currently cannot modify how many research points a country has. Minimum is 1. You will need to research all units (from the same category) from year 1939 to be able to start researching units from 1940, etc. Units are organized by category, just like in the store. Researching a unit takes time (several turns) and cannot be cancelled (for now, might add that later). Researching older units will add a penalty (researching tiger II in 1943 for example). I guess I said everything about it ? AI will also perform research on its own, and it is working in multiplayer ! Have fun with that ! (Mod compatible but only from 1939 up to 1945, I might add the possibility to have WWIII units to be researched).
- Added : Flakpanzer Coelian, Panther II (Panther prototype) to Germany and Panzer II J.

- Change : Since some people wanted to be able to buy prototypes during campaign scenarios, I made that possible.
- Change : You can now coop in multiplayer.
- Change : Arado 234 was in the wrong bomber category.
- Change : Operation Husky changes, Germans actually had some tanks and armoured infantry in Sicily.
- Change : Moved the import overlay button in the menu panel, when you press escape.
- Change : UI changes.
- Change : Battle of France 1940 changes.
- Change : Sd.kfz 231 (6-rad), Panzer II A, Panzer I F, Panzer II Ausf. L, Panzer I Ausf. C, PaK 43, All panthers graphics.

- Fix : Some small harbours had -10 damage modifier, the winter version.
- Fix : When opening the store it would be empty of units (no filter was selected). Now, the default filter is infantry.
- Fix : Many British planes had the wrong white part of their sprite.
- Fix : Snow falling in the Burma campaign (Imphal44).
- Fix : AI couldn’t capture neutral VPs.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2021, 11:29:38 PM »
5.3.0 - Borders !
Thur 27 May

(No, the map won’t be looking like on the picture, the picture shows the data and the data only. No country will be pink or red or yellow)

Yo ! Did you think I’d release a research update yesterday and leave you today without anything ? LMAO
NO WAY ! That’s just not me !
I was on my way to sleep yesterday when I had this talk with a programmer friend that explained me how I could achieve borders in a with hexes as a base. It was 1am. I quickly fell asleep after that, and woke up 10h later, then I got to work. This is today’s update :D

- Added : Comparison stats in the store. When selecting a unit, the stats of this unit will be shown, and when hovering another unit, it will compare with other units stats and show in red or green if the stats are better / worse.
- Added : Borders ! This is a feature that has been asked for a long, very, very long time ! You will see everything that belongs to you. No fog of war inside your territory, whatsoever.
- Added : Renault FT-37mm to the Netherlands.
- Added : AT infantry 1943 for GB and Germany. Previous AT have been retrograded to 1939 variants (with Pz B 39 and BOYS AT rifles) 1943 versions are with PIAT and panzerfaust.
- Added : Partisans to Italy.

- Change : Italy 1943 and Operation Husky maps adjustments.
- Change : Operation Crusader Australian player was AI controlled instead of human controlled.
- Change : Panzer IV G, Panzer III J graphics of Romania.
- Change : Panzer IV H, G, Tiger I, leFH18, PaK 40 of Hungary graphics.
- Change : Jagdpanzer IV 48 graphics.
- Change : Landsverk L-60, Stormartillerivagn m43 105mm graphics (Sweden).
- Change : Polish engineers graphics.
- Change : End of river tile are now of type river instead of Plain.
- Change : With the new borders system, you cannot enter neutral countries territory at all anymore, you will have to declare war to them so you can move freely there. No more crossing neutral Spain to invade Portugal.
- Change : Partisans are now spawning for human players as well.
- Change : AB40 and AB43 graphics.
- Change : All ships can now attack submarines. Only when they are surfaced (except destroyers) and they will be less efficient than destroyers. It’s just so that subs aren’t in god mod.

- Fix : Gaining 3 visibility when climbing on a hill.
- Fix : Von Kluge had Hitler's name on the counter.
- Fix : Orzel class submarine had "Orzet" written on its counter (polish).

Why didn't I release this together with yesterday's update ? Because as I said in the beginning, I didn't even know I would be working on this today :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2021, 11:31:34 PM »
Fri 28 May

- Added : R-1, R-2, R-35 to Romania.

- Changes : Low Countries campaign changes.
- Change : ACG1 graphics.

- Fix : Declaring war on a country or creating your own faction reset the FOW improperly.
- Fix : When clicking / selecting your unit in the store, the comparative stats wouldn’t reset.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2021, 11:50:54 PM »
Mon, June 7, 2021

- Added : U-Boot Type XXI and Type IXD to Germany.
- Added : Jagdpanzer E100 to Germany.
- Added : Skink AA and Grizzly I cruiser to Canada.
- Added : T29, T30 and T34 heavy tanks to USA.

- Change : Graphics for admirals, they’re not round, not square anymore.
- Change : Type 1934A destroyer graphics.
- Change : AI now has TRUE random, so no more 5 arty in a row or stuff like that when buying. Army composition is now gonna be WAY better.
- Change : AIs arty will now move during the second phase of the AIs turn. So that it’s never ahead of all the units. I will attack BEFORE the others, as it already was the case, but will move AFTER all the others moved.

- Fix : Broken reddit link in the main menu.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2021, 11:53:58 PM »
8 June 2021

- Added : Marines to the manual.
- Added : E-100 prototype to Germany.
- Added : Maurice Gamelin to French generals.
- Added : Belgian bicycle infantry.
- Added : Ernest King, William Halsey Jr. and Raymond A Spruance to US admirals.
- Added : Andrew Cunningham to Britihs admirals.
- Added : The fact that bomber always provide defending fire when attacked to the manual.

- Change : Prototypes will now take twice the amount of time to research a technology. Just like ships.
- Change : Marines can now deployed at naval reinforcement tiles and at and around harbours.
- Change : Germany’s Light infantry 43s graphics.
- Change : Dutch bicycle infantry graphics.
- Change : Campaign of France was too hard.
- Change : Germany Heavy infantry graphics.
- Change : Heavy infantry graphics for Finland.

- Fix : AIs broken paratroopers behaviour.
- Fix : AIs options for AA and artillery / AT guns
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

RUMOUR COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII’

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2724
    Last post March 27, 2017, 01:35:48 PM
    by Asid
    Chains of War - Command Modern Air Naval Operations: By JC

Started by Asid

Views: 3094
    Last post May 23, 2017, 03:08:17 PM
    by Asid
    The Operational Art of War III receives a final update and a sequel!

Started by Asid

Views: 5121
    Last post July 07, 2015, 04:43:45 PM
    by Asid
    The D-Day Sale is here! 30% off on WWII games!

Started by Asid

Views: 3336
    Last post June 06, 2018, 10:49:58 PM
    by Asid
    WWII Music

Started by JudgeDredd

Views: 3250
    Last post November 19, 2016, 10:26:36 AM
    by JudgeDredd