Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII  (Read 34124 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 01:40:11 AM »
Update #83
Fri, 14 August 2020

- Added : Battle of Kasserine Pass, Battle of Tripoli, Second battle of El Alamein.
- Added : Marmon-Herrington Armoured Car.
- Added : 14 new achievements.
- Added : Claude Auchinleck, Alan Cunningham, Archibald Wavell, Italo Gariboldi.
- Added : Unlimited fuel + ammo option in the settings. Playing a campaign will turn it OFF automatically. Same for the fog of war.

- Change : Revamp of ALMOST ALL British units.
- Change : Infantry graphics will now move left / right.

- Removed : All scenarios from the campaign as standalone maps. I left only the big maps as official quick games. otherwise you play the campaign for historical scenarios.

I am working onto soviet units now that need a revamp too.
I will try to make a revamp of the Soviets + US before the 31st of August. I would also re do a map of Italy as the current one is just way too big.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 12:09:35 PM »
Update #84
Sat, 15 August 2020

VIdeo in the main menu modding + soviet revamp started

- Added : You know can upload videos to the workshop, which will be played (with sound) when the games open, in the main menu. Format NEEDS to be .MP4.

- Change : The way wallpapers are being loaded. I figured it was dumb to load ALL custom wallpapers as you only need a random one each time you go to the main menu. Now its not loading them at all, but loading a single one when needed. Basically saves a ton of time when launching the game.

- Change : Soviet revamp of the following units (I invite you to join us on the discord server with the link on the store page of the game to see the before after of almost all units im revamping) : Light infantry, AT infantry, MG team, Mortar team, Engineers, Desantniki, Lavochkin-5, Lavochkin-7, Ilyushin-10, Ilyushin-2, Petlyakov-2, Petlyakov-2R, Petlyakov-3, T-34 85, T-70, T-60, BA-10, BA-64, Yakovlev-1, Yakovlev-3, Yakovlev-7, Yakovlev-9 and all its variants (same illustration), BT-7 and BT-5, KV-1, KV-2, T-26, I-16 Polikarpov.

Will try to revamp as much tomorrow. I should be able to do more, I woke up really late today (12) lol.

Hope you will enjoy the revamp of the units ! Honestly, I'm stoked, I love the new way I came up with to make them.

Cheers !

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 12:18:23 PM »
Update #85
Sat, 15 August 2020

soviet revamp 2 + new europe map

- Added : New Europe map, this one starts in 1941 for Operation Barbarossa ! Special thanks to Gibclaret1980 who reacted when I said I needed help for making maps. A 1943 version and MAYBE a 1944 version will be available as well.

- Change : I continue the revamp of all soviets units. I did around 20 today, so half of what's left. I will finish it tomorrow ! Here's the units I did : IS-2, SU-100, SU-85, BM-13 Katyusha, MIG-3, LAGG-3, Tupolev-2, Tupolev-SB, SU-76, BT-7A, SU-122, KV-1S, SU-152, and ALL t-34's. So the T-34 76 1940, the T-34 76 1941, the T-34 1942 the T-34 1943 and the T-34 57 1941.

I really love how they look, hope you will love them too, I did them in order of use, I think the ones that are left are of little use to everyone so that's why I haven't rushed them.

Cheers !

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 12:19:10 PM »
Update #86
Mon, 17 August 2020

End of soviet revamp + new france 1940 map

- Added : Whole new Battle of France map, this time including the Netherlands ! The map is smaller (100 x 70) than the original one (180 x 90) which will make it more enjoyable to play on.

- Change : Finished to totally revamp all of soviets units :) Onto American ones now ! Will start tomorrow, and will try to do half of them.

Unfortunately, my battery on my notebook is swollen and I will have to take it to apple for repair. Idk how long they're gonna keep it, it can be up to a week or so if parts aren't at the store, so I'll let you know, I'll try to keep working and work as much as I can while I have my computer, and will try to stick to the deadline of the 31st for releasing the first official version of the game.

Cheers !

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 12:43:39 AM »
Update #87
Mon, 17 August 2020

Various modifications + new things
- Added : New Europe map, this time starting in 1943 ! My friend Gibclaret1980 will now work on a new scenario for the Eastern front map, in 1943 too :) We can say thanks !

- Change : Started revamp of all US units. I did all the infantry + most of the tanks ! I'll finish tomorrow.
- Change : Now show on the potential tiles the type of movement (mechanized, motorized, horse, or normal).
- Change : Once you bought units, the reserve panel will automatically show up for you to place the units freshly bought. Gain of time for everyone :)
- Change : I added some forced tooltips based on the feedback I had from one youtuber who made a video about the game.

- Fix : You could buy bunkers and coastal batteries and so did the AI in the campaign.
- Fix : Bombers could not blow up bridges.

So Apple told me they're gonna keep my laptop for a week. So .. there won't be any update for a week starting tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (18/19 august 2020).
Sorry !

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 11:25:16 PM »
Update #88
Wed, 19 August 2020

End of the revamp for US units

- Added : Now shows when showing the potential path what kind of movement it is (motorized, mechanized, horsed ...).
- Added : H8K plane for Japan. Patrol plane.

- Change : Attack values for the PZ IV F and G, and Tigers and IS's.
- Change : Marders range to 2.
- Change : FINISHED THE US revamp !!

So, I was supposed to send my laptop in for repair today but I did not receive the parcel in which Im supposed to send it, so I'll get it by tomorrow I think, anyway, I might release a quick game mechanics update tomorrow to tweak a few things :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 12:53:38 PM »
Update #89
Thu, 27 August 2020

NATO counters are BACK + LINUX SUPPORT + Winter War + tons of new features

I am back guys ! Sorry for leaving you SUCH A LONG TIME without any update (An entire week Jeez I can't forgive myself lol), for those who did not know, my laptop had a battery problem and had to be sent to the repair center. I got it fixed and a bunch of other pieces are new and it did not cost me anything, so I am really happy. Anyway, enough rambling about myself, more about what's new, cause there's a ton, I have been HARD at work those last 2 days !

- Added : LINUX SUPPORT ! Game is now available on Linux :)

- Added : NATO counters. They are back. I know they already were in the game once, but then I removed them, can't remember the reason, ah, probably because I had as many counters as I had units, anyway I didn't really think it through so I had to remove it for my own sanity's sake. Anyway. They're back ! For now you can't really mod it, I'll make it a possibility soon cause I know they're quite ugly, so, fear not !

- Added : Winter War scenario, USSR's FIRST campaign scenario !

- Added : Coming along this scenario, I had to add all Finnish units, or almost, and this took me a while

- Added : New units : 3 soviet ships (Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship), 4 Finnish ships (Gunboat, Cruiser, Coastal defence ship as they call it, and a submarine), Torch Fi 156, VL Myrsky, Gloster Gauntlet Mk. II, Gloster Gauntlet Mk. II, maybe others, but I don't remember / haven't noted them on my paper.

- Added : New small icons representing the unit's type on both left and right side of its name. Now you have an idea of what the unit really is if you are new to the game / WWII and don't know all names by heart !

- Added : New support mechanics ! This has been requested by @Kamikaze. When a unit is being attacked, the game will check if there are any friendlies around it and also check what they are to see if they can support the defense. So this includes artillery, antitank and fighters just as before. Example : Your tank attacks some infantry, if on the adjacent tile there is say a PaK40, it will then fire at you. Same for Artillery. And same mechanics with fighters protecting bombers. This mechanics ALSO APPLIES TO AA guns. If your plane is attacking a ground target and within 1 tile and if your plane is in range to attack you, it will attack you.

- Added : Attack bonus for attacking from a hill. It is a 15 damage bonus. Regardless of the unit.

- Added : Recon attack bonus mechanics. Any unit within a 1 tile radius of a recon type of unit will be granted a +10 attack bonus.

- Added : Month exploitation date as a new part of the unit's production date. I set them all to January as obviously I didn't have the time to go over each 700+ units yet !! I will have to do it at some point, and well it now is implemented so ! We're moving in the good direction !

- Added : Possibility to overwrite a save by clicking on it and basically hitting the save button.

- Added : Success window when the save has been successfully performed.

- Added : Camera clamp / limits. You won't lose it anymore ! Both in the editor and in the game game the camera will not go out of the map now :)

- Added : A new Eastern Front map, the 1943 scenario made by @Gibclaret1980 ! Thank you !

- Added : Now shows the amount of ammunition and fuel lost when being attacked by a bomber / artillery. Shows the attrition basically.

- Added : One new achievement (toggling the NATO counters).

ONTO CHANGES NOW !

- Change : Camera Zoom. It now is super smooth.

- Change : How the outcome of the battle is shown. You now have little flags of both sides to see what damage they are going to deal, this is to replace the "Att. : 25 Ret. : 12" which was ugly and unclear as several pointed out ! But now it's all good ! :D (Personally, that really is one of my fav feature of this update).

- Change : Infantry now ignores all kind of terrain damage modifier. This is because infantry won't be penalized to fight in forest where tanks will. Same for cities.

- Change : All tiles are being updated on map launch. This is to enable you to modify the tiles in the editor and have them taking effect rapidly :) (Asked by @Kamikaze).

- Change : When healing a unit (more manpower), the % of manpower you are getting is coming with its fuel and ammo. This means that when you are healing your HP, you are getting as much Ammo and Fuel as you are getting fresh soldiers (in % !! So you wont get 50 ammo for getting 50 HP back. You will get 50% ammo for healing 50% etc).

- Change : Lots of units stats sorry im not taking note when doing that, but dont worry its for the best, when people point stuff out that looks wrong (stats / dates etc). Feel free to contact me at any time to correct some stats if you notice anything off !

- Change : Started the german revamp and revamped ALL german infantry. They now look good (especially the Fallschisefhsfisfgajager with their new helmet, sorry for my pronunciation LOL).

- Change : Remade all allied landing in Italy scenarios (Operation Husky, Battle of Montecassino, Operation Grapeshot).

- Change : Lot of code changes / Optimization.

And now. THE FIXESSS

- Fix : When a plane is crashing because it had no fuel, it still was selected (purely visual, a right click made it go away).

- Fix : Various (probably more than 3) AI crash / freeze. It really should be stable now. Please CONTACT ME and SEND ME your save file for me to fix those bugs, I can't without your help ! I am NOT going to go reading through 4000 lines of code for FUN. Your save takes me DIRECTLY to the problem.

- Fix : Save not working in game (Quicksave were fine but not the actual save lol).

- Fix : Sometimes units were duplicated when being sent back in the reserve using the "Replace" button in the map editor.

- Fix : At the end of a campaign scenario, both possibilities (buttons) were always shown even though you did not have added a second scenario possibility (visual bug).

I tried and really wanted to implement cloud shadows moving over the map, I even bought the asset on Unity Store but it did not work out, the fog of war stopped working. It was really nice though and I am really sad it was not compatible with my game. Basically it was moving shadows of clouds, like volumetric changing shapes opacity etc just like real ones it looked SO GREAT. Im so sad xd

Now what's next on my list is releasing a DEMO ! And I am going to start revamping the german units, the most used first. Cause it makes sense xD
I wanted to release the game on iOS / iPadOS, but to do so I need the latest version of MacOS to install XCode, but I don't want Catalina or Sur whatever the latest one is. So basically i cant release on mobiles because I HAVE to go through XCode to build for iOS so it SUCKS. I'll see what I'll do I guess.
And to get the game ready for leaving the EA I need to make a few more scenarios for the germans or remake some that I am not satisfied with :)

Waiting to hear your feedback guys ! CHEERS. Coffee for me in 3 ... 2 ... 1

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 01:02:08 PM »
Update #90
Fri, 28 August 2020

German revamp well started + bug fixes

- Change : I started to revamp all german units, its taking me a crazy amount of time but, hey it looks gorgeous so. I revamped ALL planes today, plus MANY tanks, total of 50 just for today.

- Change : NATO button from text to icon.

- Change : UI tweaks.

- Fix : Marsh damage modifier was off.

- Fix : Mechanized engineers NATO counter wasnt showing (typo oopsie).

- Fix : When starting to play, units would not turn because it considered the NATO option was ON.

- Fix : Retaliation in general.

- Fix : Sound in the main menu is now how you left it / saved it before leaving the game.

- Fix : Game on Linux not working.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2020, 12:36:14 AM »
Update #91
Sat, 29 August 2020

- Change : Finished the german units revamp.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2020, 12:39:37 AM »
Update #92
Sun, 30 August 2020

Strategic map !

- Added : Battle for Berlin campaign map for the Allies and Germany.
- Added : 2 new achievements (Win the eastern front map in 1943 as either the soviets or the axis).
- Added : Guide button in the main menu.
- Added : Brand new minimap / strategic map with filters. This will give you, with the possibility to use the counters, a better understanding of the battlefield / frontline.

- Change : The map of the eastern front in 1943 has been redone.

- Fix : Germany 1945 map had missing units and the weather was not working.

I started entering the month for the units. Almost done with the germans, will probably do the soviets tomorrow so both are included into tomorrow's update.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2020, 12:41:54 AM »
Update #93
Sun, 30 August 2020

- Added : New units : Dornier 335A. Many variants for many units : B-17F / G, StuG III F, hurricane, Mosquito, P-47, P-51, Sherman, KV-1, Kavallerie, Soviet cavalry.

- Added : NATO counters are now moddable and replaceable. Feel free to create a mod for it !

- Added : When right clicking on a unit, if you made a mod to add small units representation it will be shown on the right. Size is 256x256. I thought it could be cool to still have a real representation if you are playing only with the NATO counters.

- Added : Months production for units from : Germany, USSR, Great Britain and US.

- Added : Modding instructions in English, French and English upon mod creating in a .txt file in your mod folder.

- Change : I repainted a dozen sprites.

- Change : Modifications made to the Eastern front 1941 map.

- Change : Renamed some units and updated stats on others.

- Fix : When the AI was spawning units directly on a VP it would not capture it and therefore never move out of it.

- Fix : Great Britain campaign was bugged in 1945.

- Fix : NATO not showing for all units (Especially core units).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2020, 02:38:18 AM »
Leaving Early Access, version 1.0.0
Mon, 31 August 2020

We did it !

Hello everyone !

Oh guys how I am excited ... Jeez ... We freakin did it.

I started this project alone in December 2019, never made a single game using Unity, and been programming for only a year.

After a 6 months developing period, we finally are leaving Early Access. This is just incredible. For those of you who got the game when it first got released, you probably are as amazed as me by the work we achieved together. Yes, we. I have been behind my laptop programming, but you, you have been giving me the ideas, the suggestions, and the feedback we all needed for this game to be something great.

I just want to say thank you to you all, thank you for the support, and all the feedback.

I also want to personally thank Lorne, my Australian friend, he has been with me since the beginning, we've been talking a lot by email. Mark, my neighbour from the US, if you're reading those lines, it's been a pleasure and always will be a pleasure exchanging with you ! Bob, from THE Netherlands (I won't fix this one, sorry), probably the player that gave me the most feedback and suggesting the most things, but also been the most annoying. Don't worry I like you though haha.

Big up to my brother Jules who's been responsible for making the tiles and the wallpapers + the entire game's UI. TU GERES.

So again, thank you to all who made this possible by buying the game, or sending me nice messages.
THANK YOU.

What does leaving Early Access mean ?
It means I consider the game stable enough, with enough content to be paid full price / be considered as complete.

Doest that mean the game won't receive any support / get new content / updates anymore ?
Absolutely not. This game is a part of me now. I won't let it down, I have been working hard, every day for 10h since December to make it happen, and even if I consider the game to be paid full price right now, it doesn't mean I will stop adding new content or fix stuff if there is a need for it.

What next ?
- I still have work to do upon campaigns. I'd like to make more what ifs scenarios.
- Japan still has no campaign available at this time.
- The US still have no campaign in the Pacific.
- I really want to look into a map converter, from a satellite pic / GPS data INTO a game map. This would be an amazing feature to have.
- A demo will soon be available for the game.
- I would like to release the game on iOS / iPad OS.

Change log :

ADDITION(S)
- Added : Show general's bonus radius when you have your mouse over them.

CHANGES
- Change : When zooming out, only VP city names will remain. All other text will disappear.
- Change : The way a targeted unit look, instead of changing the tile's colour to red I added a new target icon under the target.
- Change : Updated Australia's units texture.
- Change : Now the AI when moving will make noise if not in the fog of war.
- Change : Two units indicator was white, its now light grey to fit the rest of the UI.
- Change : Sounds when planes attack will now be based on the weapon they carry (torpedo, bomb, rockets).

FIXES
- Fix : Not all units would appear in the store (Due to the modifications I made about the month).
- Fix : Stats at the bottom when your unit is selected are now updated (Armour and HP).
- Fix : When the AI attacks one of the unit controlled by a human player, the unit if retreating would get selected.
- Fix : AI bug with landing / couldn't perform landings properly.
- Fix : Several instances of AI overlapping its units / stacking on one tile.
- Fix : Could not unlock the retreat and surrender achievements.
- Fix : Coastal batteries and bunkers could be embarked / disembarked with transport ships if they were on a harbour.
- Fix : When a unit was attacked by a boat and there were units nearby that would defend it, they would attack the boat.
- Fix : Mortar now give support fire.
- Fix : Resupplying both fuel and ammo would do only one.
- Fix : Harbours not counted as city in the filter of the strategic map.
- Fix : UI buttons in the mod manager.
- Fix / Change : Captured units now don't count in your total core unit number. Even though they are core units.

I also updated the game's guide with the latest new mechanics.
And for the occasion, I remade brand new screenshots + trailer for the game's store page + translated the description in Russian, Spanish, German, French.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2020, 02:58:28 AM »
Tue, 1 September 2020

Lot of fixes + DEMO RELEASE

- Added : Demo for the game ! You can download the demo and play anything you want, only limits you have is no save / load, and no more playing than 25 turns (On all platforms obviously).

- Change : Stats for the PaK36 and the M1937 45mm, and all messerschmitts.
- Change : All towed artillery guns can now move 1 tile and attack or move more but not attack.
- Change : Code optimization throughout the game.

- Fix : Instance of AI freeze (when trying to resupply).
- Fix : Ground / Air unit selection is now not glitchy anymore.
- Fix : Possibility for a tank to attack a plane due to glitchy ground/air view.
- Fix : Double recon attack bonus (plane + ground) was not working, only 1 of the 2 was attributed.
- Fix : When retreating, if the unit was moving to a tile with a plane, the two units indicator wouldn't show.
- Fix : Hermann Goering look.
- Fix : Strategic map didn't support AI only matches.
- Fix : When opening the deploy panel, the selected unit if there was one was not getting unselected.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2020, 03:00:27 PM »
1.0.2 - 1.0.3
Wed, 2 September 2020

So I mixed up update version sorry ! So this one is a mix of the 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 haha.

- Added : 12.8 cm Flak 40, Sd. Kfz. 7-1 flakvierling.

- Change : Sprites of some units.
- Change : The recon attack bonus is now 5 instead of 10, balance purposes.

- Fix : Next turn button not working (RIP), thank you @Nox for pointing out !
- Fix : Recon giving damage bonus to itself.
- Fix : If killing a unit and on its tile there are / were 2 units, the second would visually disappear.
- Fix : 2 units indicator not disappearing when unit being killed on a tile where there was 2 units.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2020, 02:51:04 AM »
Fri, 4 September 2020

Polish revamp
- Added : PZL P7, PZL P38, RWD-14 Czapla, 155mm Wz. 17, M39 Pantserwagen, Fokker G.I, Sp Wz. 29, SP Wz. 34.

- Change : Revamped all polish units.
- Change : Tooltip on the resupply HP button.

- Fix : Clic sound all the time when selecting a unit or moving it.
- Fix : Artillery / AT / AA that were motorized / mechanized, their potential tile wont include a truck/half track if it is 1 tile away, to show you still can attack and move.
- Fix : The AI could attack its own unit in rare cases (Plane attacking a unit on a tile with 2 units including one of its own) (Thanks @Von Skyme).
- Fix : Commanders are now updated upon scenario opening (Thanks @Pixel).
- Fix : Commanders being removed from the map in the map editor were not added back (Thanks @Pixel).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Slitherine’s Command: the wargame transforming operational simulation

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2322
    Last post December 03, 2018, 03:01:42 PM
    by Asid
    Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!

Started by Strela

Replies: 0
    Views: 1922
    Last post May 04, 2019, 01:09:17 AM
    by Strela
    Magnificent Six Wild West Adventure 2D turnbased gunfight game

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 3
    Views: 2785
    Last post August 07, 2017, 07:50:14 PM
    by Asid
    Strategic Command WWII War in Europe