Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII  (Read 34922 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Operation Citadel : Turn-based WWII
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2021, 02:14:04 AM »
Sun, 21 February 2021

- Added : Set unit as target in UI controls for mobile.
- Added : Set unit as defensive in UI controls for mobile.
- Added : Populate all Victory Points button in the map editor. This does what it says : It will spawn random units (with percentages, like 80% infantry, etc) in all tile that has been set as a victory point. I recently added this for myself to populate the huge Europe map with a single click, but I decided I could share it with you all :) So you don’t spend the time I spent all this time just placing stuff in cities, and focus on the scenario itself instead !

- Change : Carriers are now more expensive.
- Change : Vickers Mk I and II lowered damage to tanks.
- Change : Soviet 85mm AA had 1 range instead of 2.
- Change : All Marders got their range reduced to 1 instead of 2.

- Fix : Majestic light carrier had a light cruiser skin.
- Fix : Notifications showing up when it was the AI playing, I swear I thought I had fixed that.
- Fix : Destroyers couldn’t attack submarines (oh god.)
- Fix : I broke the map editor with defensive units. (Oops)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2021, 03:12:55 AM »
Tue, February 23, 2021

- Added : 12 new river tiles (in total of 36, for all biomes).

- Change : Double damage to units in transport ships from submarines.
- Change : Reduced game size on all platforms. On PC by only 80MB, on mobile by around 1 GB.

- Fix : On PC, the « populate map with units » button was covering the renaming input field for units.
- Fix : Reset terrain in map editor placed summer tiles when it tried to replace winter tiles.

PS: It is my birthday today (the devs) ! Turned 22 :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2021, 01:32:34 AM »
Fri, February 26, 2021

- Added : Order Of Battle. You can now at a glance see what units you have all over the map, see their rank and experience. Clicking on it will take you to the unit. Custom name will be displayed if unit has one. Units are ordered by their experience amount, then by their price. Meaning best units will always be on top. I didn’t include a « graveyard » because dead units aren’t kept in the player’s « inventory » of units. Meaning a dead unit is removed from the list and never saved.

- Change : OMG. I finally found a way to make the text SHARP. YAY, IT NOW LOOKS AWESOMELLY CLEAR AND SHARP.
- Change : Reduced the weight of the game on mobile by... a LOT. Game is around 350 MB on android and 400MB on iOS now :) No more choosing between keeping snapchat or Operation Citadel :D

- Fix : Core units weren’t fully healed and supplied when being taken to another scenario.
- Fix : On mobile, unit's history text was way too big.
- Fix : Potential damage would be shown with ground unit selected when hovering a sea unit.
- Fix : Loading / starting a map with NATO counters ON from the previous game would crash the game.
- Fix : Operation Weserübung wasn't happening in campaign.
- Fix : There were 2 times the resolution 2880 x 1800 in the resolution settings.
- Fix : Potential path tiles above mines would be whiter and thus indicate their position.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2021, 01:27:48 AM »
Sat, February 27, 2021

- Added : Scrollable toggle list in the main menu. I placed all toggles in it.
- Added : Legacy unit graphics toggle in the settings. This currently doesn’t do anything since we haven’t implemented the new graphics yet, but when we will with version 3.0, you will be able to choose what counters you wanna use.

- Change : Neutral won’t change sides anymore. Before, you’d have to declare war to it every time if playing with someone else, but now it will stay neutral regardless of what’s happening to them.
- Change : Code improvements (Really working on that, factorizing everything and having the most optimized code, now that everything is working).
- Change : Reduced the game size by 2 almost.

- Fix : Planes couldn’t attack ships.
- Fix : Text in the basket the store wasn’t sharp, it still had the old font.
- Fix : UI issues with the OOB button.
- Fix : Made the start panel bigger so all descriptions would fit / not be cut (As for Kharkov 1943 for example that had a too long description).
- Fix : Coastal batteries couldn’t attack ships.

TIP: If you have font problems, like it doesn’t look good, just pick a higher resolution in the settings, the highest the resolution, the sharpest the font.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2021, 02:11:42 AM »
Fri, 5 March 2021

This update is a special one, because …. THE GAME IS ONE YEAR OLD TODAY ! Happy birthday Operation Citadel !

Damn. Who would have thought that after a failed kickstarter, with only 53euros collected, including 20 from my dad, we would be here today, with such a product for everyone to enjoy on any platform ! This is INCREDIBLE ! I’m seriously shocked to see how far we’ve come all together.

For those that don’t know, for the newcomers, it is my brother and I that are working on the game, we’re both student and working on it when we have free time. Many MANY players helped us with their feedback, suggestions, ideas, even with their own work to help make this game what it is today. Thank you everyone ! Thank you !

Additions
•   A new tile type ! COASTS. Those tiles have been added purely for graphical purposes (and oh BOY it looks good. Thank you for the suggestion @MaitreBongo). We added a whopping 189 tiles (all variants and biomes together) to the game ! They are of sea type, but make the map look better overall.
•   Auto placement for coast tiles in the map editor. Just paint with a coast tile and they will be placed automatically :) You can easily create lakes and others with this, play with it !
•   5 new achievements : Watch your step: walk on a land mine. Safari (bronze, silver, gold): Destroy 1, 10, 100 of any Tiger or Panther or Elefant tanks). Statistics: Lose 100, 1000 units. Win Operation Bagration big scenario as the Axis and as the Allies.
•   Legacy graphics option in the settings. Since all the counters have new graphics, and not everyone will like them, I still let you choose between the old ones, and the new ones !
•   End of match statistics : Number of units bought per player, amount of money spent per player, and more (save compatible).
•   3840 x 2160 resolution setting (4K).

Changes
•   A COMPLETE UNIT GRAPHICS REVAMP, made possible by a single man @MaitreBongo ! He has been working on this for a week, and did everything himself, I will hold no credits for it since it is his work. He proposed to implement it into the base game, which I accepted due to the good looking counters he was making as a separate mod. THANK YOU !
•   When managing your diplomacy with other countries, thanks to the code improvements I made this week I am now able to offer an instant FOW recalculation. Meaning, when you declare war on someone, or make peace with someone, the FOW will be instantly recalculated so that you don’t / or do see your opponent / ally territory. This is awesome :D
•   LOT of code optimization, map generation has been improved by quite a lot. Slight freeze at the end of a turn should be gone too now. I really spent a lot of time (an entire day) just going through my code and optimizing anything I could.
•   Updated campaign maps previews in the main menu, campaign section.
•   Various UI changes / improvements.
•   Small changes made to Battle of France 1940 and Italy 1943 quick game scenarios.
•   Updated store trailer + screenshots.

Fixes
•   HP of your core units weren’t set back to max when going to another scenario of a campaign.
•   Broken V1 kill achievement (sorry for fixing it so late, but better late than never !).
•   Ships ignored each other’s armor completely.
•   Tooltip didn’t go away after you bought a unit.
•   Custom campaign were broken.
•   AI plane bug.
•   AI only variable not being reinitialized after an AI vs AI game. Meaning you had to restart the game if you wanted to play a normal (non AI vs AI) game.
•   Tooltip going over the resupply cost (yay, finally haha).
•   Font looking bad on windows.
•   UI in the main menu not scaling to screen (not taking all space).
•   AI only games could unlock you achievements if it finished the map (Example: the Europe map).
•   Notifications could be created more than once (for the same one).
•   On mobile : Diplomacy panel / slots UI issues (part of it was hidden).
•   On mobile, the potential damage window was right on your finger making it hard to see anything.

Removals
•   Lake tile graphics. It is not required anymore with the addition of coast tiles. You can just place a sea tile surrounded by land or any of the coast tile, they will be replaced by the correct tile upon map opening. No need for you to worry about anything ! :) (bonus: it looks better).

It is suggested that you toggle «NO ROTATION» in the settings if you are playing with the new counters, as well as reducing their size to a third of the total length of the slider. They are incompatible with rotation. I mean, you’re gonna notice it pretty fast haha. When your tank is gonna look upside down, you’re going to realize that :)

Now what ? Oh well … I don’t know. There’s still plenty to do ! The pacific campaign is far from being made, and there always is tweaking to be made, or new features to be implemented … !
Keep suggesting stuff, scenarios, units, I will take note and be working on it when I have time !
Please never stop to report bugs, YOU are making this game stable :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2021, 02:37:53 AM »
Fri, March 5, 2021

Hahaha, you thought I would be celebrating on my side, watching how many copies I would sell today ?

Absolutely not ! I have been preparing this patch !

You are a true dev, or a businessman, not both ! (I am both, but I have more of the dev side hahaha).

- Fix : Ground units could damage planes if there was a recon unit next to them. Such a stupid bug ….
- Fix : For some reason sometimes the end game stats wouldn’t generate by themselves you would have to click on one of the filters.
- Fix : AI freeze instance.
- Fix : AI bar moving forward and backward a little bit sometimes.
- Fix : Kharkov43 map was .. weirdly glitched.
- Fix : Defense of Stalingrad in the USSR campaign was won automatically because they were the only one to have a major victory point.
- Fix : Slight UI fix with the end of game statistics panel.
- Fix : Leningrad 41 German campaign scenario had an invisible Sherman M4A3.
- Fix : Issue in naming with a winter coast tile.
- Fix : Optimization issues with lot of units on a map. On the Europe map it was unplayable.
- Fix : No upgrade would be shown on the units on the board (almost).
- Fix : XP earned with attacking was very small.
- Fix : Destroyers didn’t retaliate to submarines.
- Fix : Submarines could attack naval mines (They would always do 0 damage but it would show the red target).
- Fix : Planes couldn’t resupply on an airfield tile. Only adjacent (god knows why!).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2021, 12:55:15 AM »
Sat, March 6, 202

- Change : I finished my unit optimization. I doubt I can do better in this section because I removed everything that was causing any performance issue from the code, so, yeah :)
- Change : Made unit changes to the Kursk43 campaign scenario in the German campaign. There were WAY too many elefants, panthers and tigers. Not enough Pz IVs.

- Fix : HUGE performance issue on big map.
- Fix : NATO ships were mirrored.
- Fix : Possibility that unit's from another human player in multiplayer would unlock achievements for you (during retreat/retaliation etc). Very small chance, but still, it could have happened.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2021, 01:50:53 AM »
Sun, 7 March 2021

- Added : 18 units to the game Ordnance QF 2-pounder 3.7 inches QF AA Mk. II, 37mm M1939, 155mm Long Tom, AB 41, AB 43, Aichi D3A1, BM-8-24, Crusader Mk. III AA Mk. I, GAZ AAA 4M, GAZ MM 72K, Ki 49, M3A1 Stuart Satan, panhard 178 1940, Ram tank, Type 90 75mm, YaG-10 (29-K), ZIS 43.

- Change : Hide everything about mines (all stats being displayed, will just be the HP left.)
- Change : Pz IV G H J stats (more hard damage).
- Change : Ju87D stats (nerfed).
- Change : Sped up the AI’s turn (You’re welcome, you’re welcome).
- Change : AI will now be more aggressive.
- Change : AI will not clutter its harbours anymore (having tons of units around a harbour waiting to embark).

- Fix : You could open the order of battle before ending your turn, then ending your turn and it would not close itself. Meaning you could peek on your enemy’s units :)
- Fix : AI instance freeze.
- Fix : AI would not always prioritize healing if it was in a situation of danger.
- Fix : You could send empty messages in the multiplayer chat.
- Fix : Auto road placement near city was not working.
- Fix : AI not attacking when it should/could.
- Fix : Forgot to add AA in the Order of Battle.
- Fix : AI engineers not staying on the river when they had units that wanted to cross.
- Fix : AI units not crossing over their engineers on the rivers and stacking around.
- Fix : Store basket UI.
- Fix : On mobile the map editor menu UI was not so well.
- Fix : On mobile you couldn't change the amount of players on a map.
- Fix : 200 / 200 HP were too big to be shown at the bottom UI on PC.
- Fix : AI paratroopers could drop around an empty VP.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2021, 11:42:57 PM »
Mon, March 8, 2021

- Added : 18 units to Canada.

- Change : I am still working on performance and optimizing the game, and today, I come with GREAT news ! Remember when it took 1 minute and 3 seconds (I just timed it in 3.0.3) to load the Europe map ? Well, it now takes … TWELVE SECONDS. This is a 8.6 times speed difference. So, yes, maps will now open / generate 8.6 times quicker :) I am NOT kidding !! Just try to open the Europe map for FUN hahaha.
- Change : All artillery units in the game have been restat. Artillery was WAY too deadly. I want artillery to be used as a support weapon.
- Change : Unit attacked by artillery won’t retaliate anymore.
- Change : Ammo and fuel loss is now based on the damage of the stats of the unit. Having a bigger gun will create more attrition.
- Change : All artillery units now ignore any armour.
- Change : Terrain defense modifiers have been lowered. 20 bonus was way too much for a forest.
- Change : All infantry damage has been lowered.
- Change : Coastal batteries are now more expensive.
- Change : Cap recon bonus damage to +5 per type. Meaning, having 3 recon planes above your enemy won’t give a +15 damage bonus anymore. It will only give +5 for ALL recon planes, and if you have 3 recon ground units, then it will also be capped a +5 damage. So, you can have +10 max, by cumulating both ground and air recon, but not more.
- Change : Artillery won’t retaliate anymore if attacked at close range UNLESS the artillery is of tank type. This is so that SPGs will retaliate if attacked, but field guns won’t.

- Fix : Destroyers would take damage when hunting submarines. And since subs are quite powerful, it would make hunting them impossible.
- Fix : Italian CAS planes didn’t have the CAS white look (explosion).
- Fix : AI not attacking when it could/should.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2021, 11:58:59 PM »
09 March 2021

- Added : Paratroopers for Japan. Yay !
- Added : 24 new units for Hungary.

- Change : All infantry graphics have been remade to fit better the « Wargame style ».
- Change : Restats of all CAS and Heavy bombers. Same as artillery, they just dealt too much damage.
- Change : CAS planes don’t create attrition anymore.

- Fix : AI freeze instance on PC only when a unit was receiving a hero during AI turn, it was already fixed on mobile.
- Fix : Canada’s units had the same background as the British.
- Fix : UI damage / ambush text was too big on mobile.
- Fix : Retaliation issues with subs and DDs.
- Fix : UI issues with the bonuses of a hero on a unit when you had your mouse over it depending on your screen ratio.
- Fix : If you hit « reset terrain » in the map editor and had desert hills placed, they would turn black.
- Fix : Desert coast in map editor category didn’t have any representation (White square).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2021, 12:06:02 AM »
Wed, 10 March 2021

- Added : 12 new units. T27 Xylophone, 3-inch M3, 90mm M1A1, 105mm M2A1, BL 7.2 inch, Churchill AVRE, Type 1 47mm, Type 4 Ha-To, Type 5 Ho-ri, Type 88 75mm, Type 98 Ta-Se, Type 99 88mm.
- Added : 2 achievements, finish the battle of Berlin campaign scenario as both the Axis and the Allies.
- Added : « Add player » button in the map editor on PC.
- Added : « Remove player » button in the map editor PC.

- Change : I went over every single scenario of the German campaign and made difficulty adjustments. I noticed how some of you had like 50K money in reserve, which WASN’T planned at all. So I increased the difficulty in ALL the scenarios, except the very first ones to get you started. I also made changes to the terrain when I noticed the map wasn’t looking so good, and made other small modifications. Will do the other countries next.
- Change : On PC only I changed how files are handled, and it should speed up by a little bit the map opening (big ones). I can’t do it on mobile because of Android.
- Change : Reduced the range of most of AT units to 1 except a very few (Nashorn, etc).
- Change : Made planes more expensive.

- Fix : Statistics achievement was wrong on Steam.
- Fix : German heavy coastal battery had a light coastal battery skin.
- Fix : The M3 Stuart Satan didn’t have flamethrower ON.
- Fix : Pathfinding issue.
- Fix : Walking on mines would unselect your unit.
- Fix : Moving to next or previous unit didn’t work in 100% of cases.
- Fix : You could spawn armored train not on railroad tiles in the map editor.
- Fix : Commander radius was off (by one tile).
- Fix : Issues with recon units giving the recon attack bonus. It was either one or the other (ground or air) but never both combined.
- Fix : Little UI issues in the map editor.
- Fix : AI would get in landing crafts when it simply shouldn’t.
- Fix : Operation Silver Fox had glitched tiles.
- Fix : Operation Sea Lion South had glitched tiles.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2021, 12:23:29 AM »
Name + logo + price change
Wed, 10 March 2021

Hello everyone ! :)

I hope you're doing good, destroying some Panzer IIIs or blowing up some T-34s.
I'm doing awesome, I'm glad you asked :D

I wanted to let everyone know about our decision to :

•   Change the game's name

•   Change the game's logo

•   Change the game's price

About changing the game's name
, as many of you noticed, the game features ... so many things. And as many of you suggested, we should change the name to something less "restrictive" and more global, that would fit the game's spirit more :)
Indeed, this game isn't about Operation Citadel. Why did I pick this one in the first place ? Oh well, I wasn't even planning on selling this game in the first place, I was making it for myself. But then when I realized its potential potential (hehe), I thought "Hey, why not". The name didn't matter since it wasn't anything more than a simple hobby, I mean, it still is a hobby don't get me wrong, I'm a student and this is what I do when I have free time. Anyway, I liked the eastern front a lot and all the "panzer this" "panzer that" were taken, I just decided "To hell with this" and gave it the name "Operation Citadel".

SO, we are brainstorming with my brother currently, but as this game is as much ours as it is yours (somehow), if you got any suggestion, shoot them now ! It is now or never :)
I know I already asked this once, but now this is seriously serious :)

About changing the game's
logo, well, we're changing the game's name so, let's give it a brand new identity :) Maybe a new wallpaper ... ? Any suggestion on that one too ? ;)

And finally, pricing
. We are realizing that the game still needs a lot, lot of work. Not in a bad way, we are just planning to add so much more content ! (Thinking about including WWI in the base game).
Many more tiles, units, features, scenarios ... I know that a lot of you to this day are still waiting for a decent pacific campaign, and I haven't forgotten ! I still am planning on making it, it will come, soon :)
And many more maps. So many. Ideas aren't the issue, really ! But if I want to continue working on this project UNTIL THE END. believe me, this isn't soon, then I need a bit more funding. We most likely will change the price tag to something like 24.99 USD. So a 10 dollars increase compared to now. The game still will go on sale so, don't worry :)
I would like to encourage you to get the game now while it is cheap. We don't have a fixed date, but as soon as we have the new name + logo + wallpaper (?), then we will adjust the pricing :)

The game reached a certain point, a certain quality, but a certain AMOUNT of CONTENT, which is incredible, that I feel good about asking more. This certainly isn't a rip-off.
I will keep answering each and every single one of your messages almost instantly, implement your ideas, and support the game for a VERY long time !

Well, that was all :)

Have a good day y'all !

Jules and Valentin

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2021, 07:53:52 PM »
Multiplayer update
Thu, March 11, 2021

- Added : Fridays are now loser days. On fridays, the people with the most lost games will be at the top of the leaderboard. No discrimination here ! Even the less skilled ones deserve some glory !
- Added : In multiplayer menu, all fields in the header are now buttons. You can now order the list of players by any field you want (games won, lost, username etc).

- Change: Minimap now generates way faster.
- Change : The way to host a game. I noticed how so few games were hosted, and I am pretty sure it’s because the process to host a game was too complicated. So I changed it, to host a game it is now as simple as it should be. Go to the multiplayer menu, choose « Host ».

- Fix : You could move on the map when some UI elements were open on mobile. Like scroll went through and moved the map around.
- Fix : Joining a MP game wouldn’t work.
- Fix : Bishop was in the tank category instead of being artillery.
- Fix : Nothing was happening when you were resigning in multiplayer letting you believe nothing happened, even though it did, I understand myself xd you basically had no feedback :)
- Fix : Overall improvements on mobile.
- Fix : Improved overall experience of multiplayer.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2021, 08:58:58 PM »
Doing a new map, which is going to be focused on the late war. Like 15th November 1944.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2021, 11:14:32 PM »
4.0.0 - Hex of Steel
Fri, 19 March 2021

Ever wondered what happens when I don’t update the game everyday ? This.

I would advise you to read the changes, because this is the most important part from this change log.

Well, here we are, after 3.0.0, already 4.0.0 ! Why directly 4.0.0 ? Hehe, because this update marks a new step in the history of ... Operation Citadel ? No ! HEX OF STEEL !

The game changed name ! Hopefully, by the time you read those lines, Steam will already have updated everything properly.

The game's price is now 24.99 USD.

So ! I will let you read this change log book, and see you in the comments ! ;)

Additions
•   New main menu wallpaper (Thank you Jules for this new awesome piece of art !). He spent 26h this week working just on that one, bravo !
•   Battle of the Coral Sea for the American campaign.
•   Battle of Midway for the American campaign.
•   Battle of Guadalcanal for the American campaign.
•   Campaign of New Georgia for the American campaign.
•   Bougainville campaign for the American campaign.
•   New Britain campaign for the American campaign.
•   Philippines campaign (1944) north and south campaign for the American campaign.
•   Pacific 1942 configuration big scenario.
•   Hiyo class carrier, Wasp class carrier, Mitsubishi A5M, Mitsubishi G3M, Kawanishi H6K
•   Shortcuts (new key binding, go check them in the settings) for going through only a certain type of unit, ex: naval, air, ground (CTRL / ALT / SHIFT) + click on the 'next unit' or 'prev unit' button.
•   Eyedropper for tiles in the map editor. Default key binding is middle mouse button. By pressing it the tile that is under your mouse will replace the currently selected tile that you were using to paint with. Just like in minecraft.
•   Possibility to have the camera move to where your mouse is on the screen while zooming. You can turn it ON or OFF in the settings.
•   Map size in the quick game panel in order to provide a bit more info about the map you are about (or not) to play.
•   Tooltip on the save button in the map editor, to inform you you can press CTRL + S or CMD + S to save your map.
•   Tile coordinates in the tile info UI element. X and Y coordinates are now shown there.
•   Key binding for moving the unit. Some people complained they were selecting / moving units unintentionally because the click was the left one for both actions, so, now you can choose what you want to make the unit move :)

Changes
•   Completely remade from ground up the way mods work. It is now way easier and more clear how to proceed. This includes a mod manager in the main menu for you to toggle ON or OFF your mods at will ! (And even have a preview + see their size !)
•   New strategic map, way more beautiful and accurate compared to the old pixel sh*t :) A french player showed me a wargame he is working on using Unity, and I noticed the minimap, so I said HEY I LOVE YOUR MINIMAP how did you do it ? And he explained me :)
•   Plane's attack behaviour ! Remember when planes attacked from any side of the unit ? This is OVER ! Planes now need to be on top of the unit you want to attack in order to attack it ! I decided to go this way because of balance issues, you could really wipe out entire units really quickly by just placing a few planes around a single unit. Planes are support god damnit !
•   Fighters will now automatically attack enemy bombers when they are bombing friendly units in range. Just like AA would protect them.
•   AI air system COMPLETE revamp
! AI fighters will now be hunting down bombers in priority, if there are none they'll move to destroying enemy fighters, if there are none they will look for enemy ground targets, if there are none they will be looking for friendly carriers to escort, if there are none , they will look for friendly bombers to escort, if there are none, it means the area really is empty and they'll move to some other part of the map where they are needed (recon planes are obviously not counted as fighters and left out of all of that). For bombers now, strategic bombers will look for infrastructures to destroy first, targeting what's producing the most first. Yes, this is gonna be painful. Next primary target for bombers is going to be CARRIERS. If there are none, then ground targets, if there are none, then there really isn't anything for them to do where they are and they will be flying just like fighters to another point on the map where they will be needed. AI planes won't be staying around empty VPs anymore, it will move to the next as soon as their duty is fulfilled in one place.
•   AI naval system COMPLETE revamp
All AI ships will now have as a primary task to escort aircraft carriers (if there is any). Then secondary tasks are based on the ship's class. Subs will focus transport ships and carriers. Destroyers will focus submarines. I have seen the AI move its ships in formation, this is no joke. They will look for ground targets to attack if there is no one to follow, and finally, ships won't be staying around any empty victory point ANYMORE. They will move as soon as their duty is fulfilled.
•   Since I had a lot of fun improving the AI, and since someone suggested me, I just made it so that then a VP is crowded with enemy units, and the AI sees that, he won’t try to send more units there if there are other VPs it could take. So it will send forces somewhere else if the closest can’t be reached. Yes, this means flanking.
•   Adapted AI behaviour to the new plane rule. Bombers and CAS planes will fly directly over the units in order to attack them (this might not sound like a change because the AI should follow the new rules, but it actually took me half a day so, I thought I'd let you know everything I work on).
•   Quick games map will now be ordered by name !!!! (youhou).
•   All campaign scenarios are now available to host / play in multiplayer ! :D That’s a lot of new possibilities. GO CRAZY. I wanna see many match being hosted in multiplayer !
•   When unselecting your unit, you will not be able to do “Undo” anymore with this unit even if you select it again. I think it was too forgiving and you could exploit that, it would be fine in solo but in multiplayer it is cheating. Example: Exploiting the undo by encircling an enemy unit, to get its damage low, then just undo and move your forces somewhere else.
•   Save button in the map editor has been placed in the main UI and removed from the settings panel.
•   Moved the map settings button in the map editor to the main UI.
•   Reduced the fuel for a bunch of fighters / CAS planes and even bombers. Some really had insane values.
•   Reduced ships firing range. Max is now 3 for BBs and CAs and BCs. 2 for LCs, 1 for DDs SSs and CVs.

Fixes
•   Instance of AI crash.
AI planes that are carrier based didn’t use friendly carriers to resupply.
•   Bad / stupid / inexistent AI landings. It will now perform good landings.
•   You couldn’t resize maps it would crash.
•   The retaliation damage could not be calculated properly in some rare cases.
•   Bombers could make ground units retreat.
•   With NATO counters ON, units in the FOW would be fully toggled, their background would be transparent.
•   Issues with encirclement and damage calculation.
•   AI would invite Neutral country, not faction, but the country neutral used in MP maps.
•   When AI planes would go over ground units they would tend to simply disappear and the ground unit would be shown. Visually disturbing.
•   Game would have FPS drops when AI was playing, it is still not perfect but I made it better.
•   End of scenario would not be working properly in some cases.
•   There was a weird glitch in the map editor that allowed you to spawn 2 units of the same type on one tile.
•   I think the AI was cheating and saw through the FOW, sorry about that, it wasn’t so important though since it didn’t have accurate targets like it has now, so, now it’s all good :)
•   Glitch with 2 units visible when the AI was playing its second turn.
•   If there were 2 units on 1 tile and one of them died (let’s say ground unit), then the air unit wouldn’t be shown, it would stay invisible until the next turn or until you pressed the toggle air/ground view.
•   Douglas SBD Dauntless couldn’t carry bombs.
•   Issue with the FOW.
•   Ships staying around empty victory points and thus being useless.
•   Explosions animations would take place even through the FOW.
•   Kill count for paratroopers in their transport plane didn’t work, it didn’t count the kill.
•   Main menu wallpaper being not sharp.
•   On mobile you couldn’t load your saves.

- Fix : Some issues with selecting / unselecting units that would hide/show allied planes even though there were enemies around. It is now all by the currently selected unit’s type now. If you have a ground unit selected, only ground units will be shown, if you have an air unit selected, all air units will be shown. It was the case before, but not in some cases, that I removed now.

Removals
•   All editors from mobile. Except the map editor.
•   Infantry support, will be replaced in your saves by heavy infantry. I decided to remove it to keep the strategic scale, it was too tactical scale.

Well, if you made it until here, I can only applaud you hahaha. This really was a long one, I didn't rest the entire week, so I will now ! Will be answering on the forum and discord, but I'll try to take a little break from coding for a little while, I fixed everything I could find, so, this should be the most stable version so far :D
I also did a LOT of testing, so.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

The D-Day Sale is here! 30% off on WWII games

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 1930
    Last post June 07, 2019, 12:08:09 AM
    by Asid
    Strategic Command Classic: WWII out on April, 5th

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 3165
    Last post April 17, 2018, 03:17:34 PM
    by Asid
    A deeper look at Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 5293
    Last post October 25, 2016, 03:11:57 PM
    by Asid
    DoW recognised by Military Operations developers

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 2795
    Last post May 03, 2018, 05:14:48 PM
    by gameleaper
    The Operational Art of War IV gets a Live Preview!

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 2737
    Last post July 08, 2017, 09:12:47 PM
    by Asid