Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Armored Front: Tiger Command  (Read 2901 times)

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Armored Front: Tiger Command
« on: January 29, 2021, 03:38:59 AM »

Immerse yourself in a fully interactive VR Tank game
and lead your way across the treacherous deserts of
North Africa in the Legendary Tiger Tank of World War 2.

Steam
Forum
YouTube

Single-player
Notice: Requires a virtual reality headset.

Armored Front: Tiger Command (VR Tiger Tank Simulator)

About

Armored Front: Tiger Command is a fully interactive and immersive World War 2 VR Tank Game. You will command a Legendary Tiger 1 and lead your way to victory through the treacherous deserts of North Africa.

Early Access Features

•   Driver Crew Station: Interactively drive the tank
•   Gunner Crew Station: Manually (with touch controller) operate the mighty 88 guns
•   Loader Crew Station: Play as the loader and manually load/unload the gun with different types of shells
•   Those who do not want to get their hands too dirty can also enable a simple loading system where the game will assist in the loading process
•   Commander Crew Station: Give basic commands to AI tank crew, call-in support
•   Call in Stuka close air support, and artillery strikes
•   AI tank crew and ability to give basic commands
•   Field repair mode: perform basic repairs, rearm, give the crew a break, etc.
•   Create custom levels using the in-game Level Editor (it will be basic at first but evolve with the game)
•   Skirmish gameplay mode
•   Game takes place in the treacherous landscape of North Africa giving an open landscape better suited for tank combat

Planned Features

Career Mode featuring Grand Strategy, Open World Campaign, Advance AI, and Tank Upgrades are planned.

Mature Content Description
The developers describe the content like this:
Game contains mature content not appropriate for all ages or everyone. Content may include blood, violence, gore and exploding tanks.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Armored Front: Tiger Command
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 01:47:39 AM »
Armored Front Interaction Preview
Feb 14, 2021

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Armored Front: Tiger Command
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 12:13:36 AM »
Development Progress Update (Game world)
Sun, July 4, 2021

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful day off (hopefully with some good food)!

I know it has been some time since the last update so I wanted to give a brief account of what’s been going on.

Openworld

It was clear from your overwhelming votes (on Discord) that the vast majority of you want an open-world game. And so, without further ado, I started working on the open world. I decided it would be best to start out with this now rather than adding it on later. In fact, I am very happy to say that the work required to get this on Early Access is mostly complete!

Tiger 1

Most things required for Early Access are now complete but we are still working on damage, repairs, and rearming. Most likely these will be simplified for Early Access and will continue to grow during EA.

AI Vehicles

Basic AI for Early Access is now complete and they will evolve with development during EA. Also, please do keep in mind that AI (NPC units) will be minimal at EA launch but you can expect to see more vehicles, infantry, and air units in the future.

Bases/Skills/Unlocks

The way you progress through the open-world grand campaign is by securing “sectors” (I will go into more detail on this at a later date). Each sector will consist of a base (or bases and outposts) and capturing and holding these will give you access to abilities such as calling in air support or artillery strikes. This feature will greatly extend with other complimenting features and missions. Keep in mind that at EA, that thing will vastly improve and new abilities will be added with time.

AI Tank Crew

Tank crew is something that still needs to be worked on but most likely you will see a basic form of AI at the EA launch.

Damage Model

I have decided to start out with a somewhat simpler damage system (similar to World of Tanks). Just to be clear, shells will bounce and not penetrate depending on the angle. Hover AI will still be able to damage your hull with splash damage (think of this as stress/shock damage). Making damage ultra-realistic would, well, make the tiger invincible as nothing would really be able to hurt you. After all, this is a game.

All and all, the majority of things we need for Early Access is complete. You will begin to see more frequent updates in the coming weeks. Also, I still need to do a playtest session with a small group (hopefully soon)!

I want to be fully transparent, you should expect Early Access to last for a while as there is still work to be done. However, I aim to add new content every few weeks so you always have something new to play.

Thank you very much for your support so far. I really appreciate those of you who have been patiently waiting for this!! I really do mean it! The clock is rapidly ticking down towards EA!!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Command Ops 2 - The Sharp End Gaming Blog's Alt Scenario for Red Devils: By JC

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3822
    Last post January 08, 2018, 04:08:20 PM
    by Asid
    Tigers Unleashed Beta v1.2.01 (Beta B5h) 17/04/18

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2511
    Last post April 17, 2018, 07:52:23 PM
    by Asid
    Command Ops 2: Interior Lines! By JC