Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Armoured Commander II  (Read 21008 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Armoured Commander II
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2020, 11:48:30 PM »
Working on a new campaign, first for the mid-war era

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »
Working on two new campaigns, and expansions of two other campaigns, for the next update

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »
Update 6.1.0
Sat, 12 September 2020

A medium-sized update today, it doesn't break saved game compatibility, but there's a ton of new content that's now been added. Most important are a pair of new late-war campaigns that allow you to fight on the Western Front on either the British or German side, between June 1944 and March 1945. A number of new tank models are also now available to the player, including Churchills, Cromwells, Panthers, and Tigers, and will also appear as enemy units where appropriate. The two existing late-war campaigns have also been updated with lots of new enemy units and a few more player choices. With this update, the game now has 254 unit types.

Any bugs or crashes, please report them in the discussion boards. Changelog follows:

Changelog for 6.1.0
ADD: Western Front Campaign - late-war German forces on the Western Front, June 1944 to March 1945 (thanks flori2412!)
ADD: Monty's Best Campaign - late-war British forces on the Western Front, June 1944 to March 1945 (thanks flori2412!)
ADD: Churchill IV, Churchill V, Churchill VI, Churchill VII, Churchill VIII, Churchill AVRE, 3in SPM M10, Achilles
ADD: Cromwell I, Cromwell VI, Challenger, Valentine XI, AEC II, AEC III, Otter, Sexton, Staghound I
ADD: M7 and M7B1 Priest, M3 halftrack, M3A1 halftrack, Ford F15, Willys MB, M29 Weasel
ADD: OQF 6-Pounder, OQF 17-Pounder
ADD: Free French nation definition
ADD: Quick Reflexes, Lightning Reflexes crewman skills
ADD: Support for arrow key input for WASD key inputs
CNG: Additional enemy units and support for Patton's Best and Canada's Best campaigns (thanks flori2412!)
CNG: When enemy units attack the player's zone, guns and armoured train cars are now much less likely to spawn in the battle that follows
CNG: Minor changes to unit spawn chances for Soviet enemy units, class spawn chances in the Barbarossa (Germany) campaign
CNG: Message in contextual console when in Command Phase and selected crewman is dead
CNG: Crew menu default activation key now E
FIX: Number of scenarios fought was not being recorded properly for Steam achievement
FIX: Concealment check now skipped at end of scenario if all enemies have been destroyed
FIX: Crash when resupply arrived and tried to take away the body of a dead crewman
FIX: Crash after end of a scenario when there is an empty position in the tank
FIX: Bug where crewmen would not recover from Shaken, Stunned, or Unconscious status after a Scenario
FIX: Bug where crewmen could close a hatch that had already been opened in the bail-out minigame

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2020, 01:17:55 PM »
THAT was a lucky one.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2020, 02:43:00 AM »
Update 6.1.3
Tue, 15 September 2020

A minor update today with one new campaign and a few changes and fixes:

Changelog for 6.1.3

ADD: Barbarossa to Moscow (Soviet Union) campaign
ADD: Ineffective firepower attacks (including missed HE shots) now have a small chance in increasing chance that target is spotted next turn, as if they had been hit by firepower
ADD: Bail-out command to attempt to bail out through a hatch in the other location (turret/hull) from the crewman's position
FIX: Displayed value for player unit VP modifier was sometimes 1% off the actual value
FIX: Bug in firepower resolution where destroy odds for small teams could be > 100%

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2020, 11:38:29 PM »
Sneak peak at new feature for 7.0 - enemy units are spawned into map hexes and you get a report on what they are expected to be

Another big new feature in the works: you can call in support units to help you in battles.

Finally, new rare ammo types (not available at start of Canada's Best campaign)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2020, 01:46:32 PM »
Coming in 7.0, command to conceal yourself from or reveal yourself to a particular enemy unit

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2020, 12:54:01 AM »
Preview of 7.0 Now Available
Wed, 7 October 2020

A preview of the upcoming major update 7.0 is now available for all players to test out. To enable it, open the game's properties, click on the "Betas" tab, and select the 7.0_preview branch from the drop-down menu.

Please note! - this branch is only for testing, and you will not be able to continue campaigns started on this branch after the full 7.0 update goes live. The update has been tested and debugged over the past couple weeks but there might be a few lingering issues, so if you do test it out and find something wrong, please do let me know on the discussion board.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2020, 01:22:02 AM »
Major Update 7.0 and Developer Stream
Sat, 10 October 2020

I'm going to be releasing the new major update on the default branch later today, as well as streaming some gameplay from the new update. I'll also be joined by an avid player who's helped contribute a huge number of new units and new campaigns recently.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2020, 01:27:31 AM »
Major Update 7.0.0
Sat, 10 October 2020

Update 7.0.0 is now live on the main branch, my thanks to everyone who submitted bug and crash reports while it was in testing. Any bugs or crashes please report them in the discussion forum.

Please note that saved campaigns from the previous version 6.1.3 are not compatible with this update. If you have a campaign in progress in the old 6.1.3 version, you can switch to the legacy 6.x branch to complete your campaign. Simply open the game's properties, click on the Betas tab, and select legacy_6.x from the drop-down menu.

The two biggest changes in this version is that you can now get a report on what types of enemy resistance you are likely to meet before moving into a zone, and all campaigns now have Unit Support, which you can use to call in allies before moving into an enemy-held zone.

Full changelog follows:

Changelog for 7.0.0

ADD: New Commander skill: Improved Recon, Recon reports on enemy resistance will be more accurate
ADD: LoS highlight on scenario map when AI units are attacking
ADD: Unit Support: Player can call in friendly groups of units before entering an enemy-held zone
ADD: If player is attacked in own zone, chance that some support units will be nearby and will join the battle, no support level cost
ADD: Rare ammo types: APCR, APDS, and HEAT; added to units where historically appropriate
ADD: Some unit types may have limited amounts of HE or AP depending on calendar date
ADD: Ammo Scrounger skill: Increased number of rare ammo available at start of day
ADD: Acclimatized (Desert) and Acclimatized (Nordic) skills: Reduced chance of gaining fatigue from Extreme Hot/Cold conditions
ADD: Panzer IV F1 to Barbarossa to Moscow (Germany) campaign
ADD: Panzerfaust; Germany riflemen squads in mid- and late-war will randomly be equipped with them
ADD: Demolition Charges and Molotovs; riflemen squads randomly equipped with them
ADD: Weapon stat for AA MG allowing operation when not CE (will be used for eg. AA MG on M3 Lee)
ADD: Display of air/artillery unit portrait when doing support attack
ADD: Conceal/Reveal Self movement command
ADD: Crewman fatigue now modifies weapon attacks and bog chance
ADD: Crashes now output a timestamped crashlog to the {home}/ArmCom2 directory
ADD: Player crew may be Shaken if a fellow crewman is KIA
ADD: Friendly reinforcement (either a possible player tank or a unit from unit support) random event for scenarios
ADD: Steam Acheivements for 8 of Diamonds to the Ace of Diamonds
ADD: BT-5 M34 and BT-7 M37 as player tanks to Barbarossa to Moscow (Soviet Union) Campaign and as enemy units in Germany campaign

CNG: Enemy units are now spawned into zones on the Campaign Day map, player can get a rough idea of enemy presence during recon
CNG: If player withdraws from a scenario, surviving enemy units will still be in that zone
CNG: Support levels now reduced by 5, 10, or 15 points (equal chance of each) upon a successful request
CNG: Support Weapon Teams now defined per nation and included as part of enemy spawn table
CNG: Units transported by enemy units like trucks and APCs are now defined by the campaign rather than being generic for that unit type
CNG: Enemy air and artillery support units now divided by nation
CNG: Reorganized Ammo Load menu
CNG: RoF slightly harder if no target yet acquired, slightly easier if target acquired
CNG: Reduced AP of Grenades
CNG: All AI attacks are now indicated with a pop-up message, not just those targeting the player
CNG: Unjam weapon attempt no longer automatic, crewman must be on correct command to attempt, and Mechanic and Gun Maintenance skills each give a bonus to this attempt
CNG: Scenario map hex highlight colour to yellow
CNG: Minor changes to bail-out action modifiers
CNG: Base crewman fatigue level to -2
CNG: Change to how Campaign Day map zone control is handled for campaigns set in North Africa
CNG: If player withdraws from a scenario and has to cross a river during the subsequent move on the Campaign Day map, automatically finds a crossing point
CNG: Advancing fire with no HE or with limited HE (using MGs only) is possible, but less effective
CNG: Poppy display on main menu is now generated rather than loaded from .xp file; different appearance from 1st-11th November

FIX: Player bail-out will now end if only crewmen not yet in safe location are dead
FIX: Rounding error in display of player tank VP modifier in After-Action Report
FIX: Crash when Player Commander returned to action during a refit week
FIX: Zone control being reset after moving into a new Campaign Day map area made some objectives impossible to complete
FIX: Crash when crewman's critical injury worsens and leads to death

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2020, 01:37:40 AM »
Armoured Commander II - First Look at Major Update 7.0.0
10 Oct 2020

Gregory Scott

"Join me and flori2412 as I play through the Canada's Best campaign, showing off some of the major new features of the update."

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2020, 02:01:20 PM »
Update 7.0.1
Sun, 11 October 2020

A small patch today to fix a few issues that emerged after yesterday's major update:

Changelog for 7.0.1
CNG: Simplified display of gun types/names
FIX: Incorrect to-hit and AP modifiers for APCR and APDS
FIX: Crash when waiting in place and 1+ tank positions are empty

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2020, 02:09:41 AM »
Some initial WIP on adding fog

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2020, 01:19:41 AM »
Update 7.0.3
Sun, 18 October 2020

A new update today (7.0.2 was just a minor fix and wasn't announced) that brings a number of new additions and fixes, including a new fog environmental condition. As always, please do report bugs and crashes on the discussion board. Full changelog follows:

Changelog for 7.0.3

ADD: Arrow keys as alternate inputs on Ammo Load menu
ADD: Fog weather conditions; can be light, regular, or heavy; affects spotting chance, fire attacks, and air support spotting chance
ADD: Missing Support Weapon Team definitions to late-war campaigns
ADD: German-service S35, R35, and H39 tanks as player tanks and enemy units in Barbarossa to Moscow campaigns
ADD: ZiS-30, T-34-57 as player tanks and enemy units in Barbarossa to Moscow campaigns
ADD: Hummel (Sd.Kfz 165) and Wespe to late-war Allied campaigns
ADD: 40mm AA Gun as enemy unit to Axis campaigns
ADD: Missing transported unit definitions for several campaigns
ADD: Rarity check for support units and for player reinforcement random event

CNG: Minor changes to river generation function
CNG: Advancing Fire now checks HE and MG capability across entire player squad, uses that to determine odds of being effective
CNG: Spotting while BU now carries a small penalty
CNG: Early-War German campaign skill is now "Combined Operations"
CNG: Air support attacks not possible during Fog conditions

FIX: Bridges no longer generated between zones on Campaign Day map if either zone is impassible
FIX: Squadmates can no longer pivot during their activation if they moved with the player earlier that turn
FIX: Crash after player immobilized by landmine

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2020, 03:07:42 AM »
Update 7.0.4
Thu, 22 October 2020

A minor update today that includes a few additions and a few important bugfixes. I've added the ability to input many accented characters for crew and tank names, as long as the character is part of the IBM Code page 850 character set (which is what the internal character set is based on.)

Please report any bugs or crashes in this version in the dicussion board. Changelog follows:

Changelog for 7.0.4
ADD: Ability to input accented characters in crew and tank names
ADD: Some missing menu selection sound effects
ADD: Jagdpanzer IV/70 (A) variant to late-war campaigns
ADD: H39 (Late) to early-war campaigns and as player tank in Battle of France (France) campaign

CNG: Captured enemy unit types are less likely to be spawned than average
CNG: Modified base to-hit chances for ranged close combat weapons
CNG: Lowered cap on maximum possible RoF chance to 65%

FIX: Ranged close combat weapons like Bazookas were always hitting Rear armour facing on target
FIX: Crash when tank name was set in tank selection menu
FIX: Incorrect portrait filename for Panzer IV J

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

To End All Wars and Commander: The Great War 50% Discount!

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2720
    Last post March 21, 2017, 02:26:29 PM
    by Asid
    Radio Commander

Started by Asid

Replies: 27
    Views: 11353
    Last post October 22, 2020, 04:01:28 AM
    by Asid
    The D-Day German book: what an Allied commander needs to fear