Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Armoured Commander II  (Read 21047 times)

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Armoured Commander II
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2020, 12:11:19 PM »
Update 6.0 - Preview
Sat, 15 August 2020

A preview of the upcoming Major Update 6.0 is now available for testing. To enable it, you will need to open the game properties on Steam, open the Betas tab, select the preview branch, and let the game update itself.

Please note that this is only a preview, and any campaigns started with this version will not be able to be continued once the update is moved to the default branch, or if I need to apply a major fix. It's intended for testing only. Also - if you save a campaign in the 6.0 preview, it will overwrite any previous saved campaign of that type, so be sure to protect any campaigns from 5.x that you are still playing through. The full roll-out of Update 6.0 should happen within the next week, if all goes well with the preview.

Lots of additions, changes, and fixes in this version (full changelog to come with the full roll-out), but the most significant changes at the moment are:

•   A new campaign options system, which applies Victory Point modifiers depending on which options are active
•   Addition of a bail-out mini game, used when the player tank is knocked out or the player abandons their tank
•   Revised AI system, which should be more responsive and agressive overall
•   Six new skills for crewmen
•   Combat day start and end times are now automatically generated based on the geographic location and calendar day

I've opened up a thread in the discussion boards for any bug or crash reports. Enjoy!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2020, 12:35:21 AM »
Update 6.0
Sun, 16 August 2020

Update 6.0 is now live on the main branch. Please note that saved campaigns started with the previous 5.x version are not compatible with this major update. If you want to finish up a campaign that you were playing in the previous 5.x version, you must open the game's properties on Steam, navigate to the Betas tab, and opt-in to the legacy_5.x branch. You can then continue your campaign with the previous version of the game. Please do report any bugs or crashes in the discussion boards. Full changelog for 6.0 follows.

Changelog for 6.0.0
ADD: Saved campaigns are now automatically backed up, and if a save is corrupted, the player will have option of restoring the backup
ADD: New campaign options, revised campaign options menu
ADD: Optional creator field for campaigns
ADD: Advanced versions of skills can remove obsolete version when purchased
ADD: Message with info on how many advances surviving crew receive when continuing in a new campaign
ADD: Moon phase calculated for each combat day, no game effect yet but is displayed in end-of-day screen
ADD: King Tiger as enemy unit in Canada's Best and Patton's Best campaigns
ADD: New bail-out procedure with its own rounds and crew actions
ADD: More details after-action report after each combat day
ADD: Display of number of maps traversed, direction arrows for direction of new map area, to Campaign Day interface
ADD: Animated transition when entering into a scenario from the Campaign Day map
ADD: After a successful move action on the scenario map, player can try to move into a particular type of terrain (similar to the reposition menu), squadmates will also attempt to move into this terrain type
ADD: Dust status for units on the Scenario map - only possible in dry ground conditions, doesn't stack with Smoke but has similar effects, more likely when moving and in sand/hamada terrain, much less likely if not Vehicle
ADD: Game option to have all messages require keyboard input to be dismissed; gives players as much time as they need to read the message
ADD: Lake terrain type for Campaign Day map, impassible
ADD: New Skill: "Eye for Terrain": for drivers, increases chance of moving or repositioning into desired terrain type
ADD: New Skill: "Explorer": increases chance that a crossing will be found when fording a river on the Campaign Day map
ADD: New Skill: "Tactical Retreat": bonus chance to withdraw from a battle when Directing Movement
ADD: New Skill: "Mechanic": decreases chance of engine stall when moving on the Scenario map
ADD: New Skill: "Shell Tosser": increases RoF chance bonus from Pass Ammo command
ADD: New Skill: "Gun Maintenance": reduces chance of weapon jam and breakdown when Loader is reloading the weapon
ADD: Option to keep current tank after a campaign is finished and continuing into a new campaign
ADD: Reassign crewmen menu, used for when crewmen return from the field hospital and when transferring to a new tank with fewer positions than previous model
ADD: "Fixed" turret type for vehicles that don't have a rotatable turret but still have a superstructure location where the main gun is mounted
ADD: Confirmation step before abandoning tank

CNG: Final VP score also added to player records regardless of campaign options
CNG: Campaign options apply a modifier to VP score instead
CNG: Start and end time for combat days is now automatically calculated based on calendar day and geographic location
CNG: Class for all small team units to "Support Weapons Team"
CNG: Rivers on the Campaign Day map are not no longer impassible, but require move travel time,
and there's a chance that the time will be spent but the player is unable to find a crossing point
CNG: Zone capture across rivers much less likely now
CNG: Ballistic weapons (eg. mortars) cannot be used in close combat defensive fire
CNG: Smoke and Dust in attacker's location affect fire attacks much less than when smoke/dust are in target location
CNG: Smoke Grenades and Smoke Mortar Rounds now tracked over each Campaign Day, replenished after a successful Resupply attempt and at start of new day
CNG: Message pop-ups can now display crewmen names with full extended characters
CNG: Hull MGs only blocked if facing same direction as HD
CNG: Reorganized campaign calendar menu to display longer week descriptions
CNG: Player Commander names now displayed in gold color
CNG: Revised AI system
CNG: When resolving firepower and a Reduced result is rolled for, Small Teams are Destroyed instead
CNG: Player can now abandon tank when any weapon is broken

FIX: Crewmen who swap into a position that has no hatch will no longer bring their CE status with them
FIX: Incorrect calendar week dates in Patton's Best
FIX: Incorrect visible hexes for crewmen in open topped or always exposed positions
FIX: Guns on Jagdpanzer IV and 38(t) now reloaded by Loader
FIX: Campaign week not being updated when Player Commander returns from a Field Hospital stay
FIX: Was possible to continue an incompatible saved campaign from the main menu, even though the key command was greyed out
FIX: Continuing into a new campaign no longer possible if a Player Commander is dead
FIX: Withdrawing from a battle did not correctly trigger end of the Campaign Day if sunset had already arrived
FIX: Artillery attacks now correctly apply firepower on vehicle targets (including player)
FIX: Scenario will now end right away if all enemy units destroyed by initial air or artillery support attack
FIX: Player gun will now switch to general stores right after last shell in Ready Rack is fired
FIX: Rear-facing AA MGs will now have their covered hexes set properly

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2020, 12:23:34 AM »
Update 6.0.2
Mon, 17 August 2020

A small but important QoL and bugfix update:

Changelog for 6.0.2
ADD: "Drive Into Terrain" command for Driver, if selected and tank moves, will prompt player for a desired new terrain type
CNG: Drive command no longer promptes player for desired destination terrain
FIX: Broken weapons were not being displayed correctly right away after returning to the campaign day interface
FIX: Crash upon artillery fire resolution

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2020, 12:12:09 AM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2020, 11:38:54 PM »
Update 6.0.4
Sun, 23 August 2020

A few bugfixes and minor changes in this update, as well as a few new unit definitions that will be used in the next campaign to be added:

Changelog for 6.0.4
ADD: Panzer 38(t) E, Panzer III J, Panzer IV F1 (not added to any campaigns yet)
ADD: T-26 M37/39, T-34 M40, T-34 M41, T-60 M40, T-60 M42 (not added to any campaigns yet)
ADD: Winter conditions vehicle breakdown modifier, Finnish forces and Soviet forces from 1941 onward not affected

CNG: Backup saved campaign file only created at start of a calendar day, should speed up gameplay
CNG: Move into Terrain command brings a penalty for forward/reverse movement success

FIX: Bug where a Player Commander could not return to duty on the very last combat day of a campaign
FIX: Crew in open-topped or always exposed positions were not having their visible hexes set to the correct distance
FIX: Bug where Advancing Fire would be applied if player was attacked in a friendly zone while waiting for resupply
FIX: Incorrect calculation of local sunrise and sunset times
FIX: Crash when continuing into a new campaign and no Early War campaigns are available in campaign selection menu
MORE ABOUT THIS GAME

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 11:07:27 PM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2020, 01:04:43 PM »
Update 6.0.5
Fri, 28 August 2020

This update brings a new Early War campaign, allowing you to join German forces in their invasion of Russia up to December 1941. I've also added a number of new units in preparation for a Late War German campaign, coming in a few weeks or so. As always, please report bugs and crashes on the discussion board. Changelog follows:

Changelog for 6.0.5

ADD: New German campaign: Barbarossa to Moscow (Germany)
ADD: T-28E M40, KV-1 M39/40, KV-1E, KV-1 M41, KV-2
ADD: 76.2mm PP obr. 27, 76.2mm obr. 36, 76.2mm obr. 39, 107mm obr. 10/30, 122mm G obr. 10/30, 122mm G obr. 38, 152mm G obr. 38, 152mm GP obr. 37
ADD: Il-2 Sturmovik
ADD: Panzer III L, Panzer IV J (not used yet)
ADD: Bazooka Team, PIAT Team (not used yet)
ADD: M5A1 Stuart, M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat (not used yet)
ADD: Very Slow Traverse turret type, for heavy turrets that rotate very slowly (eg. KV-2)
ADD: Large Turret stat for units, greater chance of a hit being allocated to the turret rather than the hull
ADD: Poor quality roads stat in region definitions, doubles base road travel time in Muddy ground conditions
ADD: "Stealthy Firing" stat for units, firing when concealed does not make them easier to spot (only used for PIAT team at the moment)
CNG: Campaign selection menu won't display empty categories any longer
FIX: Ballistic attacks can no longer be saved by Hull Down
FIX: Improved appearance and timing of "Loading" text when entering a new scenario from the Campaign Day map

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2020, 12:41:02 AM »
Update 6.0.6
Sun, 30 August 2020

This is a minor update that introduces the start of a major feature for ArmCom2: Steam Achievements. Three achievements have been added so far, and if you consider the theme that I'm using for them, you'll know that eventually there will be 54 in total. Two achievements remain hidden and unattainable for now, and will be revealed when all of the remaining ones have been added to the game.

Changelog for 6.0.6

ADD: M36 Jackson, M24 Chaffee, M26 Pershing (not used yet)
ADD: First three Steam achievements
FIX: Missing firing crewman definition for co-ax MG on Crusader I CS

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2020, 02:52:37 AM »
Update 6.0.7
Tue, 1 September 2020

A few minor additions and fixes in this update:

Changelog for 6.0.7

ADD: StuG III B as option for player unit in Barbarossa to Moscow (Germany) campaign
CNG: Increased chance of ground conditions becoming wet if raining, also chance that dust will dissipate in rainy weather
FIX: Road generation on the Campaign Day map could sometimes result in roads heading into Lake zones
FIX: Crewmen killed in an ammo explosion are now actually KIA

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2020, 02:39:52 PM »
StuG Life

"A determined and resilient attitude to succeed"

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »
Working on more visual variation for different seasons. Quite early for snow!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2020, 02:33:58 AM »
Update 6.0.8
Fri, 4 September 2020

Some minor additions and fixes in this update, including some units that are being added for a future, yet-to-be-added campaign.

Changelog for 6.0.8

ADD: Sturmpanzer IV, Panzer IV F2, Panzer IV G, Marder III, Marder III H (not used yet)
ADD: M8 HMC 'Scott', M8 Greyhound (not used yet)
ADD: Steam achievements for 5-7 of Diamonds
ADD: Visual variation in tree colours on the Campaign Day map for Spring and Autumn seasons
ADD: Prepared Positions campaign skill (not used yet)
CNG: Air/Artillery Support levels only displayed in Campaign Day interface if actually available for that campaign week
FIX: Final campaign decoration text moved down one line so as to not overwrite background text
FIX: Key command to add a crew skill now set to 'E', had conflicted with the new Set First Name command

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2020, 02:42:47 AM »
Armoured Commander II - Quick Start I
Sep 4, 2020

In this video I introduce the basics of starting a new campaign, moving around on the Campaign Day map, and the layout of the Scenario/Battle interface.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2020, 02:43:51 AM »
Armoured Commander II - Quick Start II
Sep 4, 2020

In this video I continue my quickstart intro, taking you through a single battle.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2020, 02:44:58 PM »
Update 6.0.9
Sat, 5 September 2020

Another minor update with some additions and bugfixes today:

Changelog for 6.0.9

ADD: M3A1 Stuart, M1 57mm AT Gun, M5 3-inch AT Gun, M2A1 105mm Howitzer, M1 155mm Howitzer (not used yet)
ADD: Stuart VI (not used yet)
ADD: M5A1 Stuart and M24 Chaffee as player tanks in Patton's Best campaign
ADD: SPW 251/22, Kfz 1 "Kubelwagen"
ADD: Open nearby hatch command in bail-out minigame

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

To End All Wars and Commander: The Great War 50% Discount!

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2720
    Last post March 21, 2017, 02:26:29 PM
    by Asid
    Radio Commander

Started by Asid

Replies: 27
    Views: 11362
    Last post October 22, 2020, 04:01:28 AM
    by Asid
    The D-Day German book: what an Allied commander needs to fear