Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Imperiums: Greek Wars  (Read 30305 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Imperiums: Greek Wars
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 12:39:10 PM »
Micro blog 3 - Conquest of the wilderness
Thu, 23 April 2020

Nothing is given for free, even the defenders of lonely autonomous cities can put up a fight to save their livelihoods.
What’s the first thought that crosses your mind when you find a lonely settlement with no affiliation to a particular state? Easy target, right? Well, you might think twice if you play Imperiums: Greek Wars.

Autonomous cities are not soulless entities. Their people live in peace and do not care for the world outside their city boundaries. Truly, they live by the motto “live and let live”. They cultivate the surrounding tiles, build roads and improve their city as anyone would do. They develop and grow as any other human society. But don’t be fooled by their peaceful behavior, they are far from being weak and defenseless. They are capable of spawning defenders when foreign units appear nearby or step into their territory, and these defenders can be a tough nut to crack.

If you think that you can just roll right over them, you might be caught out with a nasty surprise. These autonomous cities have no government that you can send envoys to, but the AI recognizes a threat when it sees one. Foreign troops closing in on its city is one good example. The moment you take any action against them, you make them to break their oath of a non-violent life and they will fight until the last breath – theirs or yours. Poking your finger into a wasps nest is likely to get you badly stung, so be warned!

P.S. We have some good news for those who like to take it easy though. This whole feature is fully optional. If you would rather have a world where autonomous cities do not fight back, you can make it so.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 01:40:44 PM »
Sparta
Mon, April 27, 2020

As it thirsts for revenge, Sparta’s shadow over Greece grows bigger. Are you worthy to lead the great Spartans into battle?

Tester’s tips

Sparta is great to play. You are a powerful nation that everybody wants to take down. The way forward is to try and face only one or two opponents at a time and beat down the opposition. Make good use of the Hades soldiers to spread terror around the enemy territory.

Produce as many military units as you can afford, as quickly as possible, then choose a neighbor, any neighbor and attack. Knock out your neighbors one by one, if you can remove the three states that share your peninsula there will only be one land route in and out. Sparta has the advantage of producing superior quality military units, especially as new units may come ready armed with the assault or dread improvements.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 02:30:03 PM »
Micro blog 4 - City Demands
Tue, April 28, 2020

Governing cities in the world of ancient Greece with their never-ending requests and demands is a task for a real leader
Many of the states in ancient Greece were poleis – federations of city-states governed by a council representing all member cities. Also, kingdoms were not as tightly governed as today. Giving people a voice was a notion developed by the old Greeks. However democracy is definitely not the most efficient governing system when council members put their own interests above those of the state.

We wanted to simulate this behavior of obstinate city-states that behave selfishly so we introduced something called City Demands.

You, as a ruler, will have to deal with messengers from strong-headed city counselors. They will on occasion, demand that improvements be built in their city, no matter how difficult the current political situation might be. Be aware that their requests are usually driven by real needs, cities close to borders might ask for defense upgrades, small settlements might request economical and cultural improvements to expand. They are fair though, they give you time to get the work done :)

Agreeing with these requests will ensure that the city’s residents are happy and obedient, however refusals will damage the reputations and dignity of the city’s governors. Don’t forget that these are men of wealth and power and they can (and will!) rally the citizenry against you if slighted. So, using strong arm tactics to show them who holds the reins of power, might actually be adding oil to burning embers of local revolts.

The more authoritative the regime you establish, the less “vocal” the individual cities will be. It is up to you to rule as a democrat or a tyrant.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 01:50:33 PM »
Imperiums Community Rocks
Thu, 30 April 2020

Any game development is primarily dependent on the work of the dev team but the important role of the players community is often overlooked.

We want to give a special thanks to all the people who supported this project. Not only in that it kept us motivated, but thanks to their feedback, honest opinions and generous help we made great leaps forward in improving the game in all directions. Some spent tens and even hundreds of hours of their time on testing, working on translations, proofreading etc.

There are no small tasks, every minute of their time has its value. We want to give them a voice so that they can say whatever they want to about their experience, themselves or the game. The floor is theirs...

Max (Augsburg, Germany) German translator, alpha tester
The moment you see how fast the fall of an empire could occur, it lets you realize how vulnerable the world is. One turn can make the difference. That sums up the game and kept my interest since day one.

Louis (Amsterdam, Holland) Alpha tester
Testing Imperiums: Greek Wars has been a great experience. Seeing the game get better and feature complete over time.
The never ending quest for perfection by the developers. The fun, debating about features and design approaches.

Vitali (Minsk, Belarus) Russian translator, alpha tester
It was really great experience to work on such amazing project with such amazing people! Translating the game to Russian, sometimes I wished all the people on the planet would speak English only :D Wish y'all enjoy this amazing game! This is one of the best strategy games on the market, seriously ;) Good luck and have fun!

Linus (Basel, Switzerland) German proofreader, alpha tester

For me, “cooperation” was the keyword in this project:
•   There were few, but very motivated people involved, whom I met while playtesting and proofreading in this project.
•   We have a developer, who actively listens to the players’ feedback, participates in discussions and answers the questions which arise.
•   The new multiplayer feature is something I really like to play, it adds a lot of value to be able to use all of the game mechanics together with humans.
•   As a person interested in politics I like the new diplomatic possibilities we get. New possible demands and joint military campaigns are useful to play with or against the AI.

Gary (Stonehenge, United Kingdom) English proofreader, alpha tester
Aggressors Rome is one of my ‘go to’ games and as such I had been keeping an eye on the progress of the developer’s follow up game, Imperiums: Greek Wars. It looked good, so with time to spare and a keen interest, I offered my services as a volunteer. The Development Team were welcoming and are super responsive. It’s been a good experience although I hadn’t appreciated quite how much text there was in the game when I agreed to do some proofreading, soooooo much text! Hats off to the translators, that’s a big job. With extended gameplay and lots of improvements, Imperiums: Greek Wars has also made it onto my ‘go to’ games list it’s both fun and challenging.

Cassius (Vienna, Austria) German translator
It was both a pleasure and honor to be part of this great, fun Imperiums team. Learning a lot about ancient history, plenty of room for creativity and awesome colleagues made my work for Imperiums an experience I will forever cherish. I wish every player much fun playing our game - enjoy!

Angie (Dublin, Ireland) German translator
Being asked for the Imperiums campaign was a special treat. Translating for the German part was a great adventure, as it was the biggest translation I had done so far. Furthermore, all the historical places and names were a challenge, but also a lot of fun to look up and discuss with the other German translators for the best translation. I learned a lot about history and seeing the translated text in the game was amazing. Working this close with a dev was especially nice, as devs responded very quickly and tried to accommodate as much as they could a language that is generally 30% bigger than English. Not many devs are so helpful and not many teams are so nice to work with. It was a real pleasure to translate this game for German. I hope this game will bring many people a fun time when they can get lost in this ancient history.

Jeff (Salmon Arm, Canada) Content creator, proofreader, alpha tester
I got involved late in helping edit/rewrite the Aggressors: Ancient Rome manual and various English textual stuff, and moved on in the same capacity to Imperiums: Greek Wars, where I’ve taken up some game/scenario design and alpha-testing. I love paying attention to detail and casting a ‘critical eye’ on things, to ensure they seem logical and fit the genre, period, etc. – which means continuing to press the Devs to include Amazons!

Harley (Texas, USA) Alpha tester
My time with Imperiums: Greek Wars has been an absolute blast. (I review games for a living, so I know of which I speak. Plus, I've been playing PC games since the 1840s :) Since I got it relatively early, it had no manual. No problem whatsoever... because

1.   I had played the hell out of their previous game Aggressors: Ancient Rome and
2.   it's extremely easy to pick up and go, learning along the way. The game itself eases you in... without any kind of 'overwhelming' moments whatsoever.

Additionally, turn-based strategy is my main milieu, so I easily have more experience with this one specific genre than all other types of games, combined. Imperiums is the ultimate 'one-more-turn' game. Even with all of my experience, I found it extremely difficult to stop playing! Finally, it's also like an onion, in a way: the deeper you get into the game, the more layers you uncover. The other cliché I'll use is: "Easy to learn, hard to master". I never thought Kube Games could improve Aggressors. Although there are some differences and additions (mainly magical elements), Imperiums: Greek Wars is easily now one of my favorite games of all time.

Alex (Colorado, USA) Voice narrator
The voice creates form out of chaos and bridges the gaps between worlds.

I'm Spartacus (Toronto, Canada) Alpha tester
"Your rivals are scheming" at end turn was my most relevant contribution besides playtesting.

Mario (Buenos Aires, Argentina) Spanish translator
Hope this game get the players it deserves.

There are many others who participated in this project but wanted to stay anonymous. That however doesn’t mean that their contribution was less valuable to us!

Thank you all for your unrelenting support and real dedication, we wouldn’t be where we are today without you.

Do you want to join the ranks of our beta testers? Sign up for beta here http://imperiumsgame.com/apply-to-beta-test/

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2020, 03:07:43 PM »
Micro blog 5 - Dangers of the sea
Sat, 2 May 2020

The realm of Poseidon hides many secrets, sea voyages

Do you imagine that life on a ship in the ancient times was a peaceful one? The deep blue swells of the Aegean Sea reflecting the hot Greek sun are inviting you to take a trip between the small islands of the eastern Mediterranean.

As a sailor however, you don’t only check on the sails and wind speed. You keep on the lookout for creatures and spirits that dwell in the realm of Poseidon. Don’t be fooled by their delicate appearance and beautiful signing, their beckoning might be as well the last thing the ship’s crew will ever see.

Groups of Sirens have been sighted in several places, always close to rocky shores. It is said that their singing makes the minds of men go crazy and then they lead their ships on the rocks where they find their death. If you can, sail far around and if you find yourself in their embrace, pray for your soul.

But not all creatures living in the sea are so dangerous. Nereids are fond of sailors and often provide help when it is needed. These sea nymphs possess power that allows them to improve the vessel to make it faster, stronger and more durable.

It can often happen that when you seek one, you find the other but the sea hides many secrets and no help from the depths should be taken lightly.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2020, 01:54:10 AM »
Micro blog 6 - The lost freedom
Tue, 5 May 2020

Slaves in ancient Greece did not only come from barbarian lands. Conquerors also decided on the fate of the defeated.

Do you know the history of Sparta? After their defeat, they lost most of their helots (slave workers), a subsequent earthquake meant that there was nobody left who could rebuild and replenish their country. The Spartans still had a strong military presence (a threat to neighbors) however their economy was struggling badly to support the Spartan citizenry.

This is a historical example and Imperiums is full of similar stories. Like it or not, most ancient societies were more or less dependent on slave workers and yours will be no different. Your economy will dwindle if you don’t find a way to bring new slaves into your labor force for work in farms, mines and households. But where to get this slave manpower which is in such high demand?

Trading slaves or building your own slave market often saves the situation, but sometimes neither of these options is possible. Then you need to do what the Spartans did, take foreign cities by force and enslave their populations. It doesn’t matter that they are Greeks, the ends justify the means.

No, it won’t win you first place in popularity contests. The newly conquered cities will both fear and hate you. Special care must be taken with these cities if you want them to grow into valuable contributors to your economy and social structure.

Do you show consciousness, or will you do what you must to make your country grow and prosper, even if it is on the backs of your own kin?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2020, 11:29:44 PM »
Micro blog 7 - Bandits on the trade routes
Mon, 11 May 2020

Vital supplies delivered by land or sea are exposed to pirates working for your enemies.

The Aegean Sea was criss-crossed with trading routes, galleys full of goods made port, which were then transferred by caravans overland to reach their inland destinations. As always where there are goods and money, there are bandits and marauders.

Yes, your precious caravans can be intercepted by pirates stealing your badly needed resources, on land or at sea. Sometimes it’s small independent groups of bandits working alone. More often than not however, it can be your opponents trying to disrupt you by attacking a soft spot.

If you rely on regular supplies of certain resources through trading and these are suddenly cut off, this can significantly hurt your position. Trade deals might be cancelled because losses are too high, crippling your economy and impairing the readiness of your army.

You don’t know where they might strike, but some precautions can be taken to safeguard your supplies. Try to use the shortest and safest trade routes available and keep military units garrisoned along them.

If you decide to employ these tactics yourself, be sure to use the best suited military units as bandits or pirates (look for high mobility and attack strength). To ensure the best possible odds of success, deploy them at locations where multiple trade routes congregate. Trade routes can be blocked by the deployment of units along borders or coastlines preventing traders from reaching their destination.

It’s not the most honorable warfare strategy but the end justifies the means, right?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2020, 02:41:04 AM »
Euboea
Thu, May 14, 2020

Euboea always sailed with the strongest but the winds are changing. Are you ready to steer the helm?

Tester’s tips

Euboea is an island lying just off the coast of Attica, big enough for couple of cities that provide a stable basis for your economy and military. It is a major trading partner to other Greek states and it can draw a lot of wealth from this. Trading also maintains friendly relations while the neighboring states are embroiled in bloody conflicts.

On the other hand, being on an island limits the opportunity for territorial gains. There are few islands that can be taken but any attempt to venture on to the mainland will necessarily lead to war. As you have all your military bases for recruitment on the island you must plan your first campaign very carefully. If you fail their wrath will turn against you.

As a member of the Delian league, you are strongly tied to Athens. In my opinion it is important to closely follow the developing relationships around you; a strong reliable partner who can back you up is essential.

I usually wait until one of the warring states starts crumbling and then I try to claim what is left of the dying nation. Once you have a foothold on the mainland, try to secure it before expanding as fast as you can. It will be in your hands to expand beyond your island’s limits.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 12:01:15 AM »
Micro blog 8 - Olympics, moment of glory
Mon, 18 May 2020

Influence and gold await the best athletes in the world under the auspices of the Olympic games.

Is it possible to have a truce that binds all and everybody to hold their peace even in such a warmongering world as the ancient Greece? The year of the Olympic games was a special one. Not only that the ground of the games was sacred but all states felt privileged to send their best athletes to compete for the olive wreath.

To honor the spirit of the games, all states are welcome to participate, even the dreaded barbarians and feared Persians. Of course, they all have to pay a heavy contribution to the organizers but winning means you bested the strongest, the fastest and the most agile.

Every four years this great competition takes place and if you can pay the entry fee, you can join the ranks of the best ones – even if only for a brief moment.

Victory in the Olympics is far more important than you might think. It is a matter of immense prestige not only for the sportsman himself but for his whole country and it is worth the extra spendings. Your reputation and influence will soar to the sky (not mentioning the solid pot of gold that will land in your coffers).

The Olympics give you a chance to stand out and shine.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 12:18:55 AM »
Steam Extras
Fri, 22 May 2020

Imperiums: Greek Wars comes with a complete list of Steam treats.

As you all know, we planned to release Imperiums: Greek Wars in Spring 2020. Despite our best efforts to meet this deadline, we have been thwarted by a combination of the worldwide coronavirus crisis along with some unexpected issues. Regrettably we are forced to postpone the release until Summer 2020.

We want to assure you that we are still working hard towards the release and we have added some Steam features that you can look forward to. Thank you for your understanding.

To show you that we have not been just sitting idle, we added some Steam features that you can look forward to. It might not be the highlight of the game development but still we wanted to make a small offering to our players and enhance the gaming experience with some Steam treats. Trading cards, Ironman mode and Achievements are all ready for Imperiums: Greek Wars!

Do you like collecting Trading Cards? As soon as the sales hit a critical level and Steam unlocks them, they will be there waiting for you. We selected the most handsome leaders ;) and the toughest ones - cuz you cannot say no to them! Handcrafted badges and emoticons will be of course part of the package as well as thematic backgrounds to decorate your profile with.

How about a hardcore game in Ironman mode? Test your strategic and tactical skills and don’t look back. We really tried hard to make the Ironman mode as cheat-proof as possible so Learn from your mistakes to eventually become an Imperiums hero!

And of course we haven’t forgotten the Steam Achievements either. There are some easy tasks to warm you up but Imperiums wants to bring out the best in you so prepare for some hard challenges, too! There are altogether 100 of them and some cannot be won by a chance but only by hard work and dedicated effort!

We strive to provide our players with everything they expect of us and more. Trading cards, Ironman mode or Achievements are the extra treats to make playing Imperiums even more rewarding and fun!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 11:11:47 PM »
Micro blog 9 - Generals behind enemy lines
Tue, 26 May 2020

Stirring unrest in foreign cities is a powerful weapon in the arsenal of our brave Generals.
Generals are truly multifunctional units. One of their great strengths lies in their power to stir unrest in foreign cities.
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and local governors are often greedy opportunists who can be convinced to change sides, without the need to use force.

Send a General to another country – friendly or enemy – he can provoke rebellious moods, bribe and persuade. The closer he is to the city, the more convincing are his arguments. If he is given enough time, he can be very successful in his mission, especially if the cities are already unhappy with their current management or government. Such a city can decide voluntarily to join your empire, without a drop of blood being spilled.

Naturally, such subversive behaviour will not go unnoticed by the foreign government so you should be careful not to expose your General too much. You can expect a decline in the relations of your countries and it is up to you to decide if one or two cities is worth the risk of making yourself another enemy. But the General is ready to serve you!

However, even the brave General is not immune to bribery. The more powerful he becomes, the more proud and unbending he will be and such a man can be easily swayed to switch sides. Don’t take the loyalty of your great commanders for granted!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2020, 01:06:42 AM »
Faction Highlights – Western Greece
Fri, 29 May 2020

Western city-states are a still backwater but their ambitions might create ripples with far-reaching consequences.

Embark on a journey through the lands of western Hellas, home of Amphotherus, our guide through the realm of Imperiums: Greek Wars. We will visit the merchanting power of Korkyra, semi-barbaric Molossians, peaceful Akarnania and quarrelsome Aetolia.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2020, 01:30:57 PM »
Micro blog 10 - Listen to the wise men
Tue, 2 June 2020

Knowledge is a powerful thing. Let it serve your political purposes in the hands of your wise men.
Ancient Greece is not only known for never ending wars and conquests. It is the cradle of civilization; natural curiosity, creativity and wisdom of its philosophers shaped the way we see the world today.

When a wise man comes to your lands and offers his services and loyalty, don’t discard the opportunity with a simple wave of your hand. Sages can be very powerful in their subtle ways.

Sages can found new philosophical schools in your cities, thus boost the production of knowledge and influence in your lands, increasing your power base. You will be able to research new technologies sooner, gaining an advantage over your opponents. Your increased influence and prestige might persuade foreign cities near your borders that the grass is greener in your kingdom.

You can also send Sages to other countries to gift foreign scientists one of the new technologies. This inexpensive gesture of goodwill goes a long way in expanding your circle of friends and allies.

Equally, you can send a Sage to a foreign city to build a philosophy school. This new school could be politically active on your behalf or neutral. You could secretly support opposition against the current government in the city or otherwise. Hurting your opponents while actually “helping” him by building a school of wisdom is crafty! A simple but effective gift that will strengthen the bonds between your states, or not, the choice is yours...

Last but not least, you can use your Sages to build a Seer that allows you to peek through the fog of war for a brief moment, spying on your neighbors through the invisible eye.

Power doesn’t just come through brutal force. Learn to use the Sage’s subtle ways to strengthen your position both on the inside and the outside of your country.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2020, 01:18:40 PM »
Elis
Sun, 7 June 2020

Even minor Greek city-states dream of a great future. Would you dare to take the oath to make this dream true?

Tester’s tips
Elis is a very small state squeezed into the western corner of Peloponnese. Its size is limiting for growth and army build up, especially on higher difficulties, it is extremely hard to stay afloat economically and politically.

Although most of its neighbours are similarly small and weak, the whole Peloponnese is like a pack of wolves and if you show any sign of weakness, everyone will want to take a bite.

My advice is to try to get one of the neighbours (I usually go for Arkadia and Sparta) to sign a military pact and then join them once they spill over the border of the less lucky nations on Peloponnese. It is often Messenia who gets to be beaten first but the trick is to be faster than your military ally and conquer the strategically most important points before them (e.g. mines).

Be sure that in this location, you cannot stay out of war for long.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 12:29:45 AM »
Micro blog 11 - Divide and conquer
Tue, 9 June 2020

Divide spheres of influence and share the burden of war campaigns with your allies.
In a world where war is like the daily bread, being able to defeat all of your enemies alone is unlikely. Find friends and allies with common interests and use these bonds to advance your expansionist plans.

Don’t fall for the beginner’s mistake of feeling strong and invincible, even if everything is going well for you, plans almost never work out the way you want them to. Did you envision a quick assault on strategic positions, mines and cities taken, enemy forces divided and the swift demise of your opponent? Good in theory, but more often than not, you will find yourself bogged down in a war of attrition going nowhere because the enemy simply won’t give up and fights you to the last man.

Rather, unite your allies and partners against your opponents. Let them cooperate in your military plans and divide the spheres of influence in enemy territory between you. With goals agreed in advance and multiple attacks at different locations you will keep your enemy off balance. Also, you won’t have to carry the whole burden of the military campaign alone, war is an expensive and lengthy endeavor and can deplete your resources to the brink of collapse, despite the spoils of war.

You’ll have to cede few rich cities and strategic locations to your allies to make the dangerous war campaign worth their risk, but it might make the conquest of enemy lands faster, saving precious men and resources.

Don’t be too greedy. The Imperiums world knows no mercy and will punish every one of your mistakes. Divide and conquer .. that’s the motto of victors.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Napoleonic Wars Sale - up to 67% off

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 1840