Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: 2020 Update?  (Read 20459 times)

Offline Schwerpunkt Valencia

Re: 2020 Update?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »
Hi Ron,

Sorry to hear that. That explains your silence.

I went through my own divorce end of last year and I know what that means... The good thing is that this damned hobby helps one to get through all that !

Best regards

Schwerpunkt Valencia

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Kemmo

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »
Hi Ron,sorry to hear about your divorce,been there as well,must be something to do with being a wargamer    :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Franciscus

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 04:27:07 PM »
Best wishes, Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 07:41:49 PM »
The certainty that there was something like a mom & pop company always gave me a warm, nostalgic feeling. That said, I actually liked the MomīnīPop-concept.
But as noted before correctly. Time heals all wounds. Even though this may be the fate of more than just one Wargamer, at least in this passion he might finds a pretty good distraction.
The main thing is that you are healthy.  :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 11:23:58 PM »
Wishing you all the best Ron.

Thanks for the update.

Regards

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline solops

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 01:25:48 AM »
So Ron, what is the status of the game?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 05:56:57 PM »
Hello,

I am continuing to make progress on the WWII-Europe Campaign Scenario #102.  The unit file size is currently set at 4096 units, and I will probably need most of them  It may mean that I have to increase the file size to 5k or 6K.  Will know more about this as I get near the end of the unit entry.

Meanwhile, I know I will have some vacation time from my day job at the end of the year.  I have a list of code changes planned to be made, and I will be putting that list out on this forum for review and comment on December 19-20. From studying the units and the scenario, I know that the first two code changes I will need to make is to simplify railroad movement to one move (source to destination rather than 6 hexes at a time), and simplify the changing of HQ's (most units come in under the country's main HQ.  example is STAVKA for the Russians).

So it will be a busy December! 

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.  I have been teleworking on my day job for the last 8 months, and staying relatively isolated.

Ron Dockal
Schwerpunkt
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Members reacted informative:
Asid,gabeeg,
No reactions

Offline Mere Nick

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 10:00:53 PM »
Thanks for the update, Ron.  I suppose you are doublechecking them, but in a couple or three of the scenarios have units with blank rectangles.  They can't attack or be attacked.  One that comes to mind is a German cavalry(?) unit in Bagration.  However, it looks like from what you just said that you have to start from scratch on each of the scenarios.  Anyway, thanks for the update and the hard work you are doing.  Stay safe from this plague. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 02:15:30 AM »
Thanks for the update Ron  :thumbsup

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2020, 03:58:29 AM »
As I get closer to completing the unit file for the Campaign Scenario #102, it is becoming obvious to me that some new code changes are absolutely necessary.  The first one I am thinking about is to deal with the large number of units entering the game.  The units cannot enter at their historical locations, because the situation on the turn they enter may not be as it was historically.  So I am having them enter on the same hex as the High Command for that country.  This is absolutely necessary for the Germans and the Russians!  I am thinking about adding a move operation called "Assignment".  It is a one time move from the High Command hex to any friendly HQ on a RR hex and in supply.  No further ops for that unit that turn.  Also, the unit is automatically assigned to that HQ.  This is an easy method for the player to bring in new units.  BTW, the scenario starts on September 1, 1939.  You can imagine in the number of units coming in! This prevents the player from having to do a lot of RR moves to the front and HQ allocations.

I plan to add these types of information in the coming three weeks.  I value your opinion, but please don't add code changes you want at this time.  There will be an opportunity for that, but first I have to plan these changes that have to be made for the scenario to work.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Members reacted informative:
Asid,
No reactions

Offline Schwerpunkt Valencia

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2020, 04:28:20 PM »
Hi Ron,

It is understood you do not want to get entangled with code changes / upgrades at this stage.

My question is, do you want input on units ? If that is the case I would consider adding the German Flak divisions to the file. Some of them were used against enemy ground units & could also have some effect against Allied air units in the future -once you start with code changes-.

Best regards

Schwerpunkt Valencia
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2020, 04:08:00 PM »
We think alike.  Scenario #102 has 31 flak divisions in it!
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mere Nick

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2020, 10:18:13 PM »
Here's something that I started wondering about, Ron, and I'm sure you have, too.  What if France puts up a tougher fight in the game than it did in real life and doesn't fall?  Can the USSR eventually go ahead and attack Germany? 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2020, 05:38:10 AM »
Good question.  The #102 scenario starts out with Russia as an Axis country.  I had been toying with changing it to Allies when an Axis country moves into a Russian hex.  But you raise a good point.  I could just add a player choice to when Russia flips, or not flip at all!

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zovs

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 04:14:34 PM »
Ron,

That one little change (free assignment from Higher HQ for first entry) sounds good to me.

I have forgotten what is the time frame for scenario # 102?

For Russia (Soviet Union), you'll need some type of basic political (Declaration of War, D.O.W.) code.

I think you'll want to have what SPI and WIE termed as follows:

Three major powers:

Axis Powers: (Germany, Italy, Hungary, Rumania, Bulgaria)
Allied Nations: (Poland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Commonwealth, The United States, France (Third Republic), and Vichy France (and special rules for Anglo-French non-cooperation)
Soviet Union
Finland (Finland will eventually become an Axis Power)

Nine Armed Neutrals: (Norway, Greece, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Spain, Sweden, Eire (Republic of Ireland), Portugal and Switzerland)

Five Minor Neutrals: (Danzig, Tangiers, Denmark, Andorra, and Luxembourg)

At the bare minimum I think you need three sides; Axis, Allies and the Soviet Union. If you can't code 3 powers, then I think the Soviets should become 'Allied' but it would be better if there were three.

Just some thoughts for mulling.

BTW how goes the work now?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Started playing board war games around 1975 or so and computer war games around 1995 or so.

Tags:

WWII-Europe Campaign Scenario #102 Update

Started by Asid

Replies: 118
    Views: 28230
    Last post March 20, 2024, 11:20:58 PM
    by Freyr Oakenshield
    Patches-Updates Question

Started by cpcunningham

Replies: 1
    Views: 3524
    Last post January 19, 2018, 09:09:10 AM